Changes that should've been done to LEGION
As a Legion main, I think that Legion lost most of his identity with the update. In reality, I can't have fun with him anymore and I know there are more people here that agree with this statement and feel the exact same. Now, I want all your opinions on this. But please, give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.
In my honest opinion, this is how this killer should've been changed in a balanced and fun perspective (for both sides).
This includes all the important numbers that you need to know.
NOTE: All of these changes should be tested to polish some values, but they should stay fairly the same.
Legion's Base Stats
- 4.4 m/s
- 24 meters terror radius
Deep Wounds technicallity
- Performing the Mending action takes 12 seconds to perform
- Survivors can't perform certain interactions until they finish mending
- These are the interactions they cannot perform while experiencing "Deep Wounds":
- Healing themselves and other Survivors
- Sabotage Hooks
- Repair Generators
- Cleanse Totems
- Use any of their Items
- The deep wound timer does not go down within 20 meters from the killer
- The Deep Wound timer DOES NOT go down while mending.
Feral Frenzy technicallity
- 5.28 m/s.
- Lasts 6 seconds.
- Total Frenzy charge time is 15 seconds.
- Needs 30% of the bar to be activated.
- Missing an attack in feral frenzy reduces the power gauge by 50% of it's REMAINING amount and has 60% cooldown reduction.
- 2 seconds fatigue.
- Can vault windows and pallets (vault duration - 0.9 seconds and 1.1 seconds, respectively).
- Frenzy power gauge amount lost when landing an attack outside Frenzy:0%
- Killer Instinct has the orange aura back.
- When hitting a survivor in the Deep Wound state while in Feral Frenzy, the deep wound bar loses 10 seconds (30 in total).
- Vaulting while in Feral Frenzy does not stop the draining of the bar.
- When "Killer Instinct" is activated, the power bar drains at a 50% ratio.
- Manually cancelling Feral Frenzy does not deplete the power bar.
- Hitting an exposed or injured survivor while in Feral Frenzy reduces the timer to 20 seconds (hits still reduce 10 seconds) . Both effects do NOT stack. (Basically, old frank's mixtape to injured and exposed). Is a good tradeoff, basically a hit for a hit.
- You can search lockers and break generators while in Feral Frenzy.
- Power gauge refill starts when cooldown starts and not when it ends. Scratch marks (and bloodpools, with add-ons) still respawn after the fatigue ends.
Feral Frenzy description
When activating Feral Frenzy, The Legion enters a deadly rage. While the power is active:
- The Legion sprints faster than base movement speed.
- The Legion can vault Windows and Pallets.
- Survivors' Scratch Marks are hidden from The Legion's view.
- Missing an attack has a reduced cooldown and takes half of the remaining power gauge.
- Manually canceling Feral Frenzy does not drain the power gauge.
While Feral Frenzy is active, hitting a Survivor who is not currently afflicted with the Deep Wound Status Effect:
- Applies the Deep Wound Status Effect.
- Injures the Survivor, if they are not already injured.
- Tremendously reduces the deep wound bar timer of an already injured or exposed survivor, . Does not stack.
- Refills The Legion's entire power gauge.
- Triggers "Killer Instinct", revealing the location of all Survivors who do not have the Deep Wound Status Effect applied and are within The Legion's Terror Radius.
- The power gauge drains at half speed until the power ends.
While Feral Frenzy is active, hitting a Survivor that is currently afflicted with the Deep Wound Status Effect:
- Depletes The Legion's entire power gauge and ends the power immediately.
- Reduces a portion of the survivor's Deep Wound timer.
Add-Ons for feral frenzy
ALL add-ons should be reverted to the old values/effects with the exception of:
- All the pins (should be as they are but apply the status effect when hitting someone for the 1st time), "The Legion Pin" time effect reduced to 45 seconds.
- Frank's Mixtape.
- Stab Wounds Study.
- Fuming Mixtape.
- Joey's and Julie's mixtape, that have the values (0,5 and 0,3 seconds).
- Cold Dirt
- Tremendously increases Feral Frenzy's speed.
- Blood pools are also hidden from the killer's view while in Feral Frenzy.
- Blood pools and scratch marks reappear when the cooldown ends.
- While using Feral Frenzy, the Repair Progress of Generators can be determined by the intensity of their Auras.
- You still see auras when Killer Instinct is activated.
- Moderately decreases the cooldown of Feral Frenzy (0,4 seconds).
- The power gauge draining stops when vaulting.
- Missing an attack ends Feral Frenzy.
Stab Wounds Study
All survivors in the deep wound state have the following penalties:
- The blurred vision is increased by a certain amount (no exact value to calculate, it's 100% on the devs to program it).
- Become oblivious while mending (not sure if it should be just while mending or when out of a chase because the chase mechanic is very exploitable).
- Tremendously suffer from the hemorrhage status effect(does not stack).
Old Legion's problems:
- Too weak
- His power is ONLY good for tunneling. Now he can spread hits much more easily as he was meant to.
- Moonwalking and spamming hits to get more distance exploits
- Unfun to play against. No killer should be unfun to play against but they should be annoying sometimes, after all, the killer is supposed to kill the survivors.
- No skill involved
- Frank's Mixtape
- Exposed has no sinergy (No build diversity).
- Injured survivors have no downside when being hit with Frenzy, compared to healthy. (Again, no build diversity)
Patched Legion's problems
- Lost his identity of a fast stabbing and agile killer.
- Very unfun to play as, continued to be unfun to play against.
- M1 basic killer after hitting survivors with his power.
- Too many downsides for a simple first hit power.
- Skill cap too low to perform well.
- Exposed has no sinergy (Again...no build diversity).
- Injured survivors have no downside when being hit with Frenzy, compared to healthy (And again).
- Frenzy is simply not dynamic.
With these changes, Legion has all of these problems solved. If you know more feel free to comment so we can discuss.
Now playing VERSUS Legion is also fun and a challenge to make him miss hits to lose his power (2 misses at max, changed with Frank's Mixtape).
I bet that this killer is high skill, high reward
Can be a Mid-Top tier killer.
Remember: Legion isn't supposed to hit all 4 survivors or even 3 every time he uses his power, instead, these changes make the usage of his power more dynamic and skill-based.