The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Infectious Fright or Rancor?

I have enough shards to get one or the other; which should I get? I main Demogorgon and play for the endgame, and I run NOED (yeah yeah but i like endgame pressure), so which one should I pick?

Comments

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 5,670
    edited September 2019

Rancor is OKAY but it's also semi irrelevant if you're already running NOED.

Overall it's definitely a better perk than Infectious Fright though, that perk is trash in most scenarios.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,749

For you, rancor. In general though I’d suggest infectious fright.

No one who regularly plays at rank 1 would with a straight face say IF is good.

The overall community agrees on how bad IF is, that isn't debated.

I hardly see anyone call it bad, even less rank one players.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 954

@AetherBytes

Err my thought is territorial imperative and make your choice.

1 get a basement hook

2 put a portal at the top of stairs.

3 leave to chase others

4 put portal down when territorial imperative goes off

5 warp back missing there borrowed time and getting make your choice

6 catch at top of stairs

7 profit

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 983

I can't buy either of those rn tho, I can either grab rancor or IF

Depends how often do you have that one guy left hatch game?

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 983

Not often. Usually I'm able to juggle gens and hatch-searching.

I’d use if for Myers cause Demi lacks a fast down I’d say rancor

Not sure what to say to that then.

Anyone who thinks IF is good I do not believe plays killer at rank 1. It's that bad of a perk. There are dozens of bad perks that are still much better than IF.

• HappstaHappsta Member Posts: 42

I bought Infectious Fright because everyone has learned to counter play bbq/hide behind a gen or just bush camp the hook. Used it about 4 games already and It has already lead to so many snowball moments, I use Bubba and with this perk i dont have to patrol the hook until entity spawns anymore and I don't have to rely on Three gen so much.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 2,597

Infectious Fright is a great tool to kick off huge snowballs. I'd recommend it over Rancor.

• TheGorgonTheGorgon Member Posts: 655

Infectious Fright definitely. Rancor serves if you are reliant on many things, infectious fright rewards you and punishes body blocking survivors, flashlights, etc... Definitely worth the buy!

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 5,141

IF is used to quickly snowball for a quick game.

You bring a Killer that can quickly down people like Billy/Nurse, bring Monitor for extra range (and because monitor is a good perk in general) and then go ham on them.

You down someone, IF procs and usually reveals at least one other Survivor, you down them too immediately and then it procs again telling you where the next target is and you go to down them too.

Infectious Fright Nurse is currently one of the builds people use when they want to utterly crush Survivors, since the Nurse can immediately be right ontop of them through walls after each down keeping an insane amount of pressure and momentum going very fast.

And of course if IF doesn't proc on a new Survivor then you just hook everyone you downed which is usually at least 2 Survivors right off the bat.

Additionally it's also useful in gimmiky builds such as dedicated slug builds, DD builds, large terror radius builds, ect. But that's less important for obvious reasons.

The only reason why I wouldn't use it on Spirit, Hag and Huntress is because of their small terror radius's.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 4,217

Yup. I've seen rank 1-3 Hillbillies destroy with Infectious Fright.

I've noticed killer that can't quickly down, like Plague, will run IF and then just ignore anyone who screams. Like why even run the perk if that's what you're gonna do?

I love making everyone broken and then doing 3-gen infectious fright plague, typically not a hard snowball.

• XbonedXboned Member Posts: 461

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in enough games this week to make the shards necessary to buy Infectious Fright, but I definitely want it so I can go full ham with T3 Myers.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,255

Definitely Infectious Fright. It's an amazing perk on every killer but currently underrated for M1 killers. It's currently my favourite killer perk, I like it so much.

• MewMew Member Posts: 556
    edited September 2019

Definitely get infectious fright, it gives situational awareness for every down you get + can lead to an easy snowball (and even win) if used correctly.

Rancor gives situational awareness too, but its not in your control as much as Infectious. Most of the time you cant even get the free mori too.

You’ll honestly have to hope they don’t cleanse in that scenario, if they cleanse them for once it actually hurts Plague.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,605

That's HybridPanda's opinion on the issue... he stated that in his latest shrinewatch.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 1,772
    edited September 2019

Infectious Fright is much more reliable than Rancor.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 822

Why not both?

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

So Rancor procs ONLY when a Gen is done, Infectious procs when someone is nearby.

At the end game you will get NO USE FROM RANCOR because you're using NOED.

At the end game your NOED's power is increased by Infectious Fright.

IF will get more usage than Rancor overall because Rancor only shows locations when you lose while IF shows locations when you win.

I say Infectious Fright.

• Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,373

Infectious fright is borderline amazing at rank 1, contrary to popular belief. And due to the fact that it works with the demogorgon's shred, you can shred someone and immediately go after another or be warned of someone attempting to go for a save. It forces people to split up. Rancor on the other hand gives some good aura reading ability/locational awareness rather, and the ability to down and mori the obsession which is less useful. If your already planning on endgame demo, then noed plus infectious will potentially allow you to snowball incredibly hard and completely negate adrenaline. Quick downs made even quicker in a snowball fashion

• Buily09Buily09 Member Posts: 446

Ifectious fright is amazing combo perk. You can also with good luck down all people one by one and it's gg for you.

• derpersonderperson Member Posts: 130

Infectious fright is sort of a niche perk. On it's own it can be somewhat useful, but with certain combos it can be devastating with the right killers. I haven't used it in too many different ways, but I really enjoy infectious fright with knock out. If infectious fright shows someone nearby, i can leave the slug and go after the creeper and not worry about other survs finding him. NOED is another perk it works with. However, like others have said, there are times where the perk just doesn't help really with much at all.

It might combo well with demogorgon perks, but I don't know about it being good with the demogorgon power.

Rancor is just a good perk in general; it's very existence creates pressure, you don't even have to mori anyone. The tracking is an added bonus, and to top it off, it doesn't require a combo perk to function at it's best.