Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Disconnecting

So ive started playing freddy and noticed an immense amount of players are dcing and im not camping or tunneling them , is it that they just dont care about their ranks or what i play survivor a ton and actually never disconnect... Also how does whispers work i dont feel as if i hear any whispers

Comments

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,079

You'll see dc'ing more with the new rank system.

Whispers activates when you are  48/40/32 meters from a survivor. The whispers icon lights up and you will hear the entity whispers as well.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,277

More and more people are DC'ing with Freddy since the Oblivious change. I've noticed it as well. Ran him 4 times yesterday and got 5 DC's. Was running DH and was moving away from hook fast to get tokens, so no camping/tunneling. It is what it is. Legion got that treatment before.

Ran Trapper and Doc for around 8 matches with zero DCs.

• GamzelloGamzello Member Posts: 817

I don’t even know why people are DCing at Freddy like he’s not even that bad to play against right now. At least that’s my opinion!!

• Blackdecay7Blackdecay7 Member Posts: 7

They're being a bunch of [BAD WORD] babies. DCing over who the killer is or use of certain percs ect..is [BAD WORD] [BAD WORD]. Grow up n play the [BAD WORD] game.

• HanaCraftHanaCraft Member Posts: 7

People are dcin Bc of the new matchmaking system! I honestly don’t blame them tbh. I’m in red ranks and finding a match is so long, I can solve a whole page of calculus problems with showing my work!

:/

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

The sound is pretty low-key and not instantly obvious. It's better to pay attention to the perk icon instead.

• DonnieTheZombieDonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 212

Youve got survivor main in your name. . ?thats just how survivors are. You can be the lowest tier killer , never tunnel , camp, never run op addons/ perks and survivors will still bitch and complain, cry and dc.