Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Killers here are bad

So, I don’t actually think that, but with the opinion a lot of people hold, it seems that way. Let me explain. I’ve just recently come back from a 10 month break, so my rank is pretty low (just got to 8 as killer a few days ago). Thing is, I was rank 1 on both sides for quite a while before I quit, so I was used to the high rank meta.

Why do I mention this? Because of the matchmaking changes. It makes killer far too easy outside of the dreaded 4-man rank 1 swf. I know it’s not the overly popular option among killer mains (at least here it seems), but it’s not that hard at high ranks. I’d say 1 out of 5 games are those super sweaty try hard high ranks who just want to end games in 3 minutes. Even at rank 1, there are large variations in skill. The difference between a 500 hour rank 1 and a 1500 hour rank 1 is noticeable.

This brings me to my point finally. The matchmaking changes do not benefit skilled killers at all. I get that was kinda the point, but most players here (at least by contents of their post egos) shouldn’t care. That rank 19 new player who’s never got a 4K shouldn’t affect you if you’re good. It seems to me most people who are happy about these changes are just awful at the game, so why are we catering to bad killers? It now makes more killer game boring. Why? You either get full try hard games, or games where it’s stupidly boring to kill someone. Honestly, if I’m rank 1 killer, I should never play a survivor below purple ranks, and even then, it’s easy. I don’t care if there’s two rank 1’s in a swf, I don’t want to face incompotent survivors, swf or not.

Now, I know this will make people scream that I’m survivor biased, I’m not. These changes mean nothing to me, I can stil get pips and bp, regardless if I survive the trial.

Tl;dr: Everyone here is actually bad at the game, and just like to whine over stupid things.

Comments

• bruh69bruh69 Member Posts: 2

so do we agree here that this is matchmaking’s fault

• RegionlockRegionlock Member Posts: 316

They are awful at the game, but they don't care to improve so they blame others for their misfortune, as long as it benefits them. It's the way of the world, and it happens even outside video games, sadly. As long as the change keep them happy, they will defend it, and I don't really blame them at this point. I don't like the change, but I'll deal with their SWF in my survivor, and killer lobbies till the Devs see the statistics of how its hurting them more than helping.

When I first started playing I got introduced to the 4 man SWF flashlight sweat team just like everyone else, but I learned how to adapt, look at a wall,look up, bait the pick up, slug more of their team,.. Like is that really that hard? looking at a wall... It took a google search to learn the counter plays for ######### sake. If any of you ######### killers reading this just run lightborn, because what I laid out right here probably still too hard to understand.

The same applies to every dam tile of wall on the maps to ensure hits and better mind game. Like if you can't even get to red with freaking google and youtube, and all the dam meta builds holding your hand for ######### sake, I don't know if you ever will get there. I'm sorry If I sound like a douche bag, but I'm tired of all the crying and the inability to adapt.

I wish you all the best, and please use google search if your not past rank 8 on killer after at minimum 200 hours, and that's being generous with time.

• EldritchElise87EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 587

So low ranked survivors can't learn and get better against higher ranked killers, and thats because the killer is bad?

bruh.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

The change to matchmaking wasnt to benifit GOOD killers, but rather to prevent a team of red rank survivors from getting in a newbie killer's lobby. Since matchmaking has been jacked up for so long, alot of people are also kinda not in the rank they SHOULD be at. A buddy of mine who plays survivor was getting placed against killers non-stop between ranks 15-20 since rank reset, and of course kept pipping and double pipping til he hit rank 1. For now, we kinda just gotta wait for the dust to settle to see wha ranks people SHOULD be at. The day after the change, he of course lost every game he got in and deranked from it down to rank 4...

• TruEternityTruEternity Member Posts: 320

Not what I said, or implied. I was commentating that most killers said this change was good, when it’s not. It’s a lateral movement, from bad to bad in a different way. I was being hyperbolic to make a point, people who say this change was good are not good at killer, because it’s aimed at low ranks, yet everyone here usually states they’re rank 1 and never have issues getting 4k’s.

I hit rank 8 after about 20 over two weeks split between both sides. Ranking isn’t hard if that’s your goal, it’s a terrible barometer for skill, which was one of my points.

• Blackowt_9120Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

The change does make red rank games significantly easier. You might get two rank 1s, but the 16 and 17 they grouped with die almost instantly and that makes it a 2v1, and even if you’re the worst Red rank killer in the game you’re eventually going to catch the best red rank survivor with essentially unlimited time to hunt them down. I’m seeing a lot more keys lately and giving a lot more hatches because I feel bad

• StupidPalletsStupidPallets Member Posts: 395

Yes, yes I am bad. And I feel no shame.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,599

I've been on the fence with this change as I do see both sides. Unfortunately, there's just no good way to fix this issue that I can think of.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I like the change. Not for me personally, but a friend of me, who's playing at r15, don't have to play with purple ranks anymore.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,291
    edited September 2019

Sorry but your post doesnt make much sense as it was never about rank 1 killers facing rank 19 survivors as that obviously will be easier for them.

The change was made as peopl3 complained a new killer and newish killer players in ranks 19-10 could face swf with rank 5-1 survivors due to people chosing to play with friends.

Right now higher ranked killers can have an easier time of it but for notlw at least it has reduced a lot of the swf are op posts.

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,067

Survivors can see the ranks of other survivors and decide if the others are too low and leave. Or if the others are too high.

The killer can't see the ranks of the survivors, so if survivors use the matchmaking to face low ranked killers and bully them around, he couldn't do anything about it.

The matchmaking is not perfect, but this is the lesser of 2 bads

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

It doesn't matter how good your matchmaking system is, there is no way to calculate stupid.

• TruEternityTruEternity Member Posts: 320

Pretty much the conclusion I’ve came to as well. There really is no way to make the system work well with swf, it’s just a unfortunate fact.

It does make sense. I’m commenting that killers praising the change, then saying how good they are at the game are hypocrites. The game got much easier for good killers with this change, but not in a good way.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I agree, I do believe there are a lot of bad killers who whine over the dumbest stuff. I also do not believe the current match making design is good what so ever. The match making was horrible before, going into lobbies with rank 20, level 1 survivors, and going into games with two red ranks, purple, and the highest level is 13. This produces a rank 20 killer.

The current system now just benefits bad killers, and hurts people playing with their newbie friends who don't know what they are doing. Some people say don't play with friends, or that's your choice to get stomped by grouping up with them. And I'm just like... that's a great way to discourage anyone wanting to get into the game. Sure killers were getting screwed up ranks. But that's because the matchmaking was piss poor, and quite frankly wasn't working right. If a red rank was in the SWF group, then they shouldn't have faced a rank 20 killer. That isn't proper match making.

Not to mention wait times now are atrocious as swf groups now. Like really really bad. I've pretty much just play killer at this point, because it's turned my friends away, and is quicker to get a killer game even during double BP.

Long story short, make match matching find the medium, the average. Don't base it off the highest rank, or the lowest.

• KarltastiskKarltastisk Member Posts: 529

yes now its just 3 new survivors that have to suffer instead of the one new killer its definatly the lesser of two bads ;)

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,291
    edited September 2019

Tbh I haven't seen posts from killers about how they are suddenly now good at the game. Easier games yes but better?

The ones praising the actual change are mainly those it affected who faced red ranks when they were not ready too.

I mean the same could be reversed and I could state survivors constantly claimed to be good when they brought in a high rank swf player so they could run the killer while they had an easier escape but that doesn't make what I said true.

• Your post made me realize something key. A big reason why a killer or survivor complains about "scummy" tactics (at red ranks) is because a large portion of them may believe they are at the top of the skill-curve for simply being rank 1. As more experience people know, achieving rank 1 means nothing. It gives a false sense of "skill" that despite actual skill (being able to prolong a chase consistently, being able to efficiently sacrifice survivors, being able to decide when to heal, save, or do generators...) which gives them the belief that they have authority over the game. A lot of them aren't good, but they think they are just because of the falsehood title of "Rank 1."

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

The matchmaking system has been bad, that we can agree on.

However, killer being easy at rank 1? Not even remotely.

The game has been since release and still is quite catered towards survivors. This is the opinion held by most players who actually play both sides at rank 1 and with a good amount of hours into the game.

• FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 375

Didn't read nearly all the comments, so I don't know if this has been said yet.

I think the ranking system is broken, and that makes it impossible to have a fair match making system.

We all know that your rank isn't a direct reflection of skill. With constant rank resets, people just not playing for a while, and intentional sand bagging, how can a matching making system work that's bassed off somewhat arbitrary numbers.

Whether I'm just bad, or the killers and builds I enjoy playing don't give me the upper hand, at rank 14 there is no shortage of players with all tier 3 meta perks, who can loop like pros, know the tiles like the back of their hands, tea bag and heal and wait just shy of escaping trying to get them last few points knowing that even if they get hit they will fall and crawl to safety.

If rank started at 1, and only ever went up basses on games played, objectives completed and so on, it would keep the "bad killers" with the "bad survivors" instead having an entire player base in 1 of 20 possible ranks.

• I tried to be neutral in the matter, but I'm not saying killer is easy. What I said applies more towards survivors from my experience. Just didn't want people to divide again when this is an issue for both sides.

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,067

Well, maybe their rank 1 swf buddy should let them play against killer of their own rank.

Or play custom games

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

So, just cause some Killers like this change... all Killers are bad and whine about things... okay let's look at some Forum posts. "Tryomg to get off shoulder is a joke" "Huntress isn't fun and healthy to this game" "Killer Shouldn't Be Able To Close Hatch"

So should I assume that all Survivors are bad and just whine about everything?

If you look, there ARE some posts about things that aren't whining. Though most of the time, someone comes in and does it anyway to stir up drama... like you seemed to want to do.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,688

To me, the reality is this: I was matched up constantly vs players that were way better than me. I couldnt learn from those games, because i didnt even know how they outplayed me.

So i resorted to camping and tunneling, which lead to salty survivors, but got me kills.

Now with the cange, i had some easy games at first. i could catch surviors, and now that my rank adjusted, it gets harder, but now i actually see what i do wrong, becaue while surivors escape sometimes, they are not that way above my level, so i can see when i just make a mistake, or they made a gamble which came out good for them ( i never could see that vs. the players ranked 10 or more ranks above me).

Since the change in matchmaking, i never camped or tunneled, because its not the only way to be able to do anything anymore. Sure, sometimes i get 4k, sometimes all escape, but i don´t feel as helpless anymore as i feel vs. 3 redrank players with their rank 20 buddy playing against my rank 15 killer.

To me, this is a good change, because yes, i am a bad killer.

Notice, though, that i play 60% survivor and only 40% killer. I know both sides, and i like the change. Yes, it makes the swf suvivor games more challanging, but then we have communication anyway, which is an advantage even to the lower ranked players.