Major Addon, Item and Overall progression rework.
First off I want to start by saying that I've never like the idea of Killer's or Survivor's SOMETIMES being way stronger than other times, and that there should be some baseline powerlevel that they can consistently have no problem which is then balanced around. It's ok to have a bit of a progression requirement to get to that point but I've never like the idea of something being balanced around the idea of "oh this one thing is super strong but can only be used in one match so it's fine".
Thus addons and items throw the game completely out of balance, since you can't balance around 4 Survivors with items and 4 Survivors without items at the same time, let alone basekit Killers vs Killers with their best addons and Survivors with their best addons on those items and also Mori's because why not.
Since it's impractical to expect high level addons to only be used against opponents using those same addons, balance is not maintained and no matter what everything is thrown out of whack.
Thus the primary change is this:
Make all items and addons not consumables. You always keep them after every match no matter what so long as you got them from the bloodweb (not chest items). Offerings stay the same as they don't generally provide a major benefit and just alter the games RNG instead although Mori's should be completely removed.
The bloodweb would be altered to be MUCH smaller per web compared to now, however besides offerings all prices would be significantly increased to compensate.
As for the specific addon and item effects they would be altered so higher rarity means the effects are more extreme but with a drawback of some sort. Higher rarity means bigger effect and a bigger drawback.
Now to list out what I'd specifically suggest for each item/addon:
- Camping Aid Kit - Moderately increases healing speed. Unlocks the self heal option (24 charges)
Note: This means self heal speed is increased too.
- First Aid Kit - Considerably increases the speed you heal others. Unlocks the self heal option (24 charges)
- Emergency Med-Kit - Slightly increases the speed you heal others. Unlocks the self heal option. (32 charges)
- Ranger Med-Kit - Tremendously increase the speed you heal others. Moderately increases Skill Check success zones. Moderately increases Skill Check bonus zones. (32 charges)
Note: No self heal option with the Ranger's medkit.
- Rubber Gloves - Moderately decreases the Healing Skill Check difficulty. Moderately increases the Skill Check bonus zones.
- Butterfly Tape - Slightly increases the Healing speed
- Bandages - Adds 8 charges to the Med-Kit
- Sponge - You don't get skill checks while healing. Overrides other addons.
- Self Adherent Wrap - Moderately increase healing efficiency when healing another Survivor and slightly increase healing speed when healing another Survivor. (not yourself)
- Needle & Thread - Moderately increase the chance to trigger a skill check. Moderately reduces skill check success zones.
- Medical Scissors - Moderately increase Healing speed. Decrease med-kit charges by 8.
- Gauze Roll - Add 12 charges to the Medkit. Slightly reduce healing speed.
- Surgical Suture - Considerably increase the chance to trigger a skill check. Considerably reduces skill check success zones.
- Gel Dressings - Add 16 charges to the Medkit. Moderately reduce healing speed.
- Abdominal Dressing - Considerably increases the healing speed. Decrease med-kit charges by 12.
- Styptic Agent - Using the secondary action button will cause you to consume this addon as well as 16 medkit charges and gain Endurance for 8 seconds during which time you glow (the visual effect when you are hit with endurance but the entire time). If you are hit during this time you will gain 20 seconds of the Deep Wounds status effect. Overrides normal healing with the medkit until used.
- Anti-Haemorrhagic Syringe - Using the secondary action button will consume this medkit and automatically heal the target up to 1 health state at the normal healing rate. This requires 32 charges to use and overrides normally healing with the medkit.
Note: Unlike with Second Wind taking damage does not interrupt the automatic healing. However it will reset the healing and picking up the Survivor WILL stop the heal.
- Worn Out Tools - Moderately increases repair speed. Slightly decreases Skill Check odds. Unlocks the Sabotage action (120 charges)
- Toolbox - Moderately increases repair speed. Unlocks the Sabotage Action (130 charges)
- Mechanics Toolbox - Considerably increases repair speed. Considerably decreases Sabotage speed. Unlocks the Sabotage action. You cannot hit great skill checks. (80 charges)
- Commodious Toolbox - Slightly increases repair speed. Unlocks the Sabotage action. (160)
- Engineers Toolbox - Moderately increases repair speed. Slightly increases repair speed further if the generator is less than 50% complete. (80 charges)
- Alex's Toolbox - Slightly increases repair speed. Tremendously increases Sabotage speed. Sabotaging does not consume charges. Unlocks the Sabotage action. (110 charges)
- Spring Clamp - Moderately decreases the repair Skill Check difficulty. Moderately increases the Skill Check bonus zones.
- Scraps - Adds 15 charges to the Toolbox
- Clean Rag - Slightly increases the Toolbox's repair speed
- Wire Spool - Adds 30 charges to the Toolbox. Slightly decreases the Toolbox's repair speed
- Socket Swivels - Moderately increases the Toolbox repair speed. Remove 15 charges from the Toolbox
- Protective Gloves - Moderately increases the chances to trigger a sabotage Skill Check. Moderately increases sabotage Skill Check success zones. Considerably reduces the sabotage Skill Check failed penalty
- Instructions - Moderately increases the Toolbox's Sabotage efficiency
- Grip Wrench - Moderately increase the chance to trigger a repair skill check. Moderately reduces repair skill check success zones.
- Cutting Wire - Sabotaging a hook does not produce an audio cue
- Hacksaw - Moderately increases Sabotage Speed
- Brand New Part - remove 30 charges from the Toolbox. When you start to repair a generator with a Toolbox consume this addon. You will repair the generator by 15% over 10 seconds. During that time you will receive 2 difficult skill checks. Hitting each Skill Check will result in 5 % progression each for a maximum of 25 % added progression.
- Flashlight - You may blind the Killer. (8 charges)
- Sport Flashlight - You may blind the Killer. Slightly reduces blindness duration and blinding speed.(12 charges)
- Utility Flashlight - You may blind the Killer. Moderately increases blindness duration and blinding speed. Slightly decrease blinding range. (6 charges)
- Wide Lens - Moderately increases the Flashlight Beam's width
- Power Bulb - Slightly increases the Blindness duration
- Leather Grip - Slightly increases the Flashlight Beam's range
- Battery - Adds 2 charges to the Flashlight
- Focus Lens - Slightly increase Blinding speed
- TIR Optic - Moderately increases the Blindness duration. Reduces Flashlight charges by 2
- Rubber Grip - Moderately increases the Flashlight Beam's range. Slightly decreases Blindness duration
- Low Amp Filament - The Killer does not see the Light beam (he may still be blinded by it). The Flashlight activation sound is muffled
- Heavy Duty Battery - Adds 4 charges to the Flashlight. Slightly decrease Blinding speed
- Long Life Battery - Adds 6 seconds of use to a standard Flashlight. Moderately decrease Blinding speed.
- Intense Halogen - Considerably increases the Blindness duration. Reduces Flashlight charges by 4
- High-End Sapphire Lens - Moderately increase Blinding speed. Moderately reduces the Flashlight Beam's range
- Odd Bulb - Each time you successfully blind the Killer slightly increase the Blinding duration of future blinds. Slightly decreases the initial Blinding duration.
- Detailed Map - Start with 1 Generator and 1 Exit gate Marked. Unlocks ability to track Generators, Hooks and Exit gates within a range of 16 meters. (20 charges)
- Rainbow map - Start with 3 random items marked. Unlocks ability to track Generators, Hooks and Exit gates within a range of 8 meters. (40 charges)
- Map Addendum - Start with 2 additional random items marked
- Yellow Wire - The map also tracks items in range of other Survivors
- Unusual Stamp - Increases the map range by 8 meters
- Retardant Jelly - Gain 5 additional charges
- Red Twine - Unlocks the ability to track Killer Belongings
- Glass Bead - Unlocks the Marker Ability on secondary action creating a marker that can be seen by all the Survivors.
- Odd Stamp - Increases the map range by 12 meters and reduces it's charges by 4
- Black Silk Cord - Unlocks the ability to track the hatch
- Crystal Bead - Every Survivor sees the Aura generated by the map when the owner activates it. Decreases map range by 50% and the map starts with 1 less item tracked.
- Broken Key - Reveals your aura to Survivors within 32 meters. (30 charges)
- Dull Key - Reveals Survivor auras within 32 meters (30 charges)
- Skeleton Key - Reveals the Killers aura within 24 meters (30 charges)
- Prayer Rope - Adds 10 charges to the Key
- Scratched Pearl - Increase the range by 4 meters
- Prayer Beads - Adds 15 charges to the key. Reduces the range by 8 meters.
- Eroded Token - You may channel the key while preforming other actions.
- Gold Token - Revealing a players aura also reveals any auras they can see
- Weaved Ring - Decreases channel time by 0.5 seconds
- Blood Amber - Revealing a players aura also reveals other player aura's within 50% of the Key's initial range.
- Unique Wedding Ring - You may see the obsessions Aura during the entire trial. Decreases your odds of being the obsession. Reduces the keys range by 8 meters.
- Milky Glass - You may open a closed hatch. Makes the Key brightly glow at all times. Shatters if you are ever downed, destroying the addon.