DBD Slang/Lingo guide (WIP)
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the game - I picked it up during the summer sales. I've seen a lot of lingo and in-game actions being thrown around during the past few weeks of playing the game and it's been pretty hard to find a definitive guide on the meanings of all of them. And here's my mission: I'd like to compile a definitive list of jargon and in-game behaviors and their definitions and meanings to post as a guide either on here and on Steam.
I'm still pretty new and would like the forum's help in creating this guide as I don't know the definitions of many of the terms and behaviors. At the end of the guide I'll be creating, I would credit the helpful contributors from here!
Here is a list of the current phrases/actions I understand:
- Slugging: Intentionally downing a survivor and not hooking them to follow up chases on other survivors/avoid flashlight rescues
- Camping: A killer staying near a hooked survivor to secure sacrifices
- Over-altruism: Survivors who remain in the trial after the exit gates are open to rescue any hooked/injured survivors from death, putting themselves at risk
- Looping: Exploiting areas of the map where it is hard for killers to keep up with survivors, leading them on a wild goose chase
- Pallet looping: Similar to looping but with the addition of a favorable pallet placement
- SWF: Groups of Survive With Friends players
- Tunneling: A killer that singles out a survivor as a target every time they are found despite the presence of other survivors
- Jungle gyms: Locations in the map that contain many nearby pallets and windows to keep killers busy chasing
- Squadette: A squad of Claudette players, usually for the purposes of all players having self-care
- DS: Decisive Strike, a perk infamous among killers that grants survivors the ability to instantly escape the carrying process
- BBQ&C: Shorthand for the killer perk BBQ & Chili, a perk granting killers aura reading and a percentage bonus to bloodpoints for hooking survivors
- NOED: Shorthand for the killer hex perk No One Escapes Death, the tier III version of which grants instant downs on attacks
- Billy: Shorthand for the killer character, The Hillbilly
- Freddy: The real name of the killer character, The Nightmare (Freddy Krueger)
- Myers: The real name of the killer character, The Shape (Michael Myers)
- Double crouching after rescue/healing as a survivor: Survivor speak for "thanks"
I'll update the list as I pick up more terms from any feedback here. I look forward to working on this guide collectively with you guys!