We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.
We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.
DBD Slang/Lingo guide (WIP)
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the game - I picked it up during the summer sales. I've seen a lot of lingo and in-game actions being thrown around during the past few weeks of playing the game and it's been pretty hard to find a definitive guide on the meanings of all of them. And here's my mission: I'd like to compile a definitive list of jargon and in-game behaviors and their definitions and meanings to post as a guide either on here and on Steam.
I'm still pretty new and would like the forum's help in creating this guide as I don't know the definitions of many of the terms and behaviors. At the end of the guide I'll be creating, I would credit the helpful contributors from here!
Here is a list of the current phrases/actions I understand:
- Slugging: Intentionally downing a survivor and not hooking them to follow up chases on other survivors/avoid flashlight rescues
- Camping: A killer staying near a hooked survivor to secure sacrifices
- Over-altruism: Survivors who remain in the trial after the exit gates are open to rescue any hooked/injured survivors from death, putting themselves at risk
- Looping: Exploiting areas of the map where it is hard for killers to keep up with survivors, leading them on a wild goose chase
- Pallet looping: Similar to looping but with the addition of a favorable pallet placement
- SWF: Groups of Survive With Friends players
- Tunneling: A killer that singles out a survivor as a target every time they are found despite the presence of other survivors
- Jungle gyms: Locations in the map that contain many nearby pallets and windows to keep killers busy chasing
- Squadette: A squad of Claudette players, usually for the purposes of all players having self-care
- DS: Decisive Strike, a perk infamous among killers that grants survivors the ability to instantly escape the carrying process
- BBQ&C: Shorthand for the killer perk BBQ & Chili, a perk granting killers aura reading and a percentage bonus to bloodpoints for hooking survivors
- NOED: Shorthand for the killer hex perk No One Escapes Death, the tier III version of which grants instant downs on attacks
- Billy: Shorthand for the killer character, The Hillbilly
- Freddy: The real name of the killer character, The Nightmare (Freddy Krueger)
- Myers: The real name of the killer character, The Shape (Michael Myers)
- Double crouching after rescue/healing as a survivor: Survivor speak for "thanks"
I'll update the list as I pick up more terms from any feedback here. I look forward to working on this guide collectively with you guys!