We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Who could be a viable licensed killer that we could all agreeon

JustAFeelingJustAFeeling Member Posts: 324

How about we take the time to decide who could be actually viable in a match, but you have to explain your vote if you choose to

This poll is only dedicated to horror films I'm sorry if I didn't include a your favorite from a game

Who could be a viable licensed killer that we could all agreeon 113 votes

Pinhead
14%
Mc_HartyTzeentchling9GibberishxEaDarkskiesAngryFluffyHorusThirtyDr_LoomispalletsryummyGlorydanut1311joker7997KasakiOkKiLLerHellraisingPredator 16 votes
Candyman
11%
MikeadatrixJetTheWaffleCatLCGasterWeepemeZarr0chMicheal_MyersFireHazardrch614Carlosyluoh_0kAlbaJustAFeelingJillSandwichL 13 votes
Pennywise
18%
Hail_to_the_KingMonsterInMyMindPhantomMask20763BlueberryBBQnDemogorgonLatin_Kidd92SophisticatedOttermaddsAkarate_DolphinImpalaErshcalapleasedontbetoxic117ToxicboiiMTG_MuldrothaZackAndCodyDicklaycia[Deleted User]mc_roflcopterCal 21 votes
Matt Cordell
3%
DaGreenBoltFishFry247BlueFangMr_Goodman 4 votes
Carrie
3%
indieeden7Bravo0413Horror_GamingAhoyWolf 4 votes
None
21%
Ark_the_Bonsaimistar_zAdelooicemancatIhatelifeJudgementCetrenStar99erFoggyWeather_ShirokuroMaj33ythekiller490490ElkMyNamePeteGrootDudexxnazgulxxNuclearBurritoQwrtyMan213ocafghanistanAldofer 24 votes
All of them
1%
ScorpioBlackOpsCreepingcam1070 2 votes
Entry from another film
25%
XenorPlaysBossNMCKEVampiroxEvilBarney666doublev1986AlphaJacksonSpiderTashBunnyTheHuttCreatorTH_HSboom04_EntityEvictorrd_dexthatguyinktownRullisiPigstern2njauwuFrostyur_ex_wifeShorknado 29 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• JustAFeelingJustAFeeling Member Posts: 324
    Candyman

I picked Candyman because I think he could have good map pressure and be pretty horrifying using his power

• ChezAndQuakersChezAndQuakers Member Posts: 180
    Entry from another film

I wouldn’t mind any of them but I don’t see Alien here. I know they’ll make him weaker than in the movies but I think they can do some really interesting things with his power

Candyman

I wanted to keep it more slasher friendly than Sci-fi It would make for a great killer that's why included the Entry from another film, for suggestions like this

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 794
    None

I'm saying none because this is a community of human beings, not robots. We'll never agree 100% on anything.

Candyman

Yeah with that type of attitude and suggestional mockery probably not, but as humans we can have a mutual understanding

• AlphaJacksonAlphaJackson Member Posts: 578
    Entry from another film

I'd rather, either Alien, Predator or Sammael.

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 734
    None

They’ll be far too limited and weak no matter who they are, their supposed power in the movies, whatever. Every licensed Killer gets effectively nerfed when they enter the realm of the entity.

Old Freddy for example. He’s an unstoppable force who will always kill you if he wants you dead, and what did he do? Get pallet slammed, looped, and give Survivors an effective three health states.

It’s almost shameful how weak popular licensed Killers are made, but at the same time completely understandable considering how the game works. Like, it’s not Mortal Kombat (ironic). Also, you don’t want to paywall an obscenely powerful character so only a few people can obliterate everyone and nobody else can unless they shell out. That’s why most licensed Killers are, fortunately, below B-tier, or require considerable skill.

None

Attitude? Suggestional mockery? I literally answered the question. You asked what could we all agree on. The answer is we can't. Next time phrase it as "What's a killer we could all at least tolerate" if that's what you really want. There was no mockery.

Every killer that has released thus far has had at least a handful who wants it deleted, feels it doesn't fit, etc.

Now, since I know what you actually want out of this question: I'd honestly love Alien or Jack Torrence from "The Shining"

• thatguyinktownthatguyinktown Member Posts: 788
    Entry from another film

Tony Hawk

Candyman

Freddy could never out right kill anyone that's what I like Freddy before the rework, his has to make you fear him first then he gets stronger, as far as the original content Spirit has been nerfed to and Billy all character's receive buff's and nerfs due to the constant complaints done by trolls, who had a bad game and didn't want to lose to a certain person

These killer's are not weak but thier are perks that help you slow down the time needed but survivor's are defenseless so you can just be a storming monster all the time you're not supposed to win every game,but if you do good for you

None

Like playing that old Tony Hawk game where you could terrorise people by slapping them with your board.

Except Tony Hawk is the player character - you are the victim who gets board slapped.

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 262
    Pinhead

Why no Jason seems he's the clearly most absent from the game even if not likely to be added

edited October 1
    Candyman

@Judgement I can see your point

Also, you don’t want to paywall an obscenely powerful character so only a few people can obliterate everyone and nobody else can unless they shell out. That’s why most licensed Killers are, fortunately, below B-tier, or require considerable skill.

But also character's are nerfed from the PTB before release and receive slight buff's and nerfs before and mid chapter patch to accommodate the balance issue's

This also sound like a personal issue with you not wanted to give BHVR money in general which I can't help you with that.

Candyman

You can't sit there and tell me that you won't have 15 or 20 $ in three months that's BS

• FishFry247FishFry247 Member Posts: 676
    Matt Cordell

Matt would simply just say "we did a pretty good job so far" and everyone survivor on trial would just roll over and die, ez

• FishFry247FishFry247 Member Posts: 676
    None

For whatever reason I can't see any of Judgement's posts past the tony hawk one but I wanted to explain my personal issues with the current monetization issue

Whereas a dedicated player like me is willing to shell out for a dlc every 3 months it's getting increasingly harder to get new players into the game because the price to play the full game (and yes, that's how a lot of people see the dlc) is constantly rising along with money coming from cosmetics and, soon, the battlepass.

I kinda wish the game would go free to play and give some auric cells to owners or something. Just so I could actually get people to try the game out despite the price tag of all the licensed content.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,661
    edited October 1
    Pinhead

I wouldn't mind Pennywise but considering we already have a devote, babylon, follower of a sea-goat god why not spice it up with some bdsm?

• thatguyinktownthatguyinktown Member Posts: 788
    Entry from another film

Oh God. But could you imagine, though?

Candyman

I can understand that but from a guy who has practically nothing,its not bad as Console Companies or if the PC makes you pay for steam services or a subscription every month or 3 months which you end up paying to play

edited October 2
    None

No, actually making DLC characters not super powerful is a good thing. It’s not that I ‘don’t want to pay BHVR’, but it’s that I don’t want to pay a game company to get a Pay To Win item.

Mortal Kombat for example try to avoid making pay-only characters (Kombat Pack, stand-alones) too strong. They made a mistake with Alien in MKX, making it too powerful and there was an uproar about it I’m pretty sure.

You could say BHVR made that very same mistake by releasing Mettle of Man - free extra health stare, if you shell out. Ash should have been tested on a PTB first, and a whole lot of people bought him ‘just for MoM’. Of course some people still play him because he’s Ash and they love him, but there was a huge uproar because of MoM being a broken overpowered perk, much more so because it was a pay-only perk and thus became Pay To Win until it got nerfed (over nerfed I might add).

That a character is nerfed in a PTB is fine as every new Killer and perk always needs tweaks before they hit live. Everyone is able to play the PTB and the upcoming Killer and use the perks before they reach live, and if they are not licensed, will be able to farm up what they need to buy the character. But if the character is licensed, becomes overpowered, and stays that way, to become top-tier like Nurse, they become Pay To Win.

BHVR are doing a good job so far avoiding P2W as their most powerful characters so far are free and can be earned by playing the game, and they have my respect for that. My only issue will be if another MoM scenario comes around.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,599
    Entry from another film

Xenomorph, have you seen how fast it can kill you when you don't have a flamethrower? 😂

• ghostface_tryhard69ghostface_tryhard69 Member Posts: 67
    Entry from another film

Has to be the alien from the movie “alien”, and the survivor could literally be anyone from the first two movies or just Ellen Ripley.

• NMCKENMCKE Member, Trusted Posts: 5,599
    Entry from another film

Same, I played the game Alien Isolation and the Xenomorph is so lethal! 😂🤓

Candyman

@Judgement I understand your point people payed for something and it changed that's really an expectation they shouldn't break

They create the character's out of sheer fandom the perks just come with them. Which these perks become available in the shine eventually.

Now that you mention it seems alot of licensed things get changed I wonder who's behind it all ? Maybe someone's trying to sabotage those characters in particular ?

It can seem overwhelming when you look at it, if that one particular person rally's a bunch of people to do their will, then you can understand, why the dev's have changed so many licensed things

But generally you can't blame the dev's on what the community itself is constantly complaining about,To balance out anything for everyone

judging from the feedback they got, it was fine until people started complaining about it which it was OP but I do agree any perks should be fully tested with public feedback but that ruins the surprise element also, they could add the perk with no description

if that person can divide a group thier probably getting a ton of pleasure and also succeeding at what they want to accomplish

just watch what someone posts and don't allow them to manipulate you by bringing up reasonable points that's just playing until someone vanity

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 10,682
    None

Original

Candyman

Why have a licensed avatar if you so against it

• SpannungsstoßSpannungsstoß Member Posts: 138
    Entry from another film

I want an original chapter next :(