Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Is there really a point in segregating polls into the Poll sub forum?

It seems completely nonsensical and illogical to create the ability to make Poll posts, but only have them in a sub forum that is dedicated to Polls, instead of allowing them to be anywhere their topic is relevant.

The way I see it - and I’m sure there’s a lot of other forum goers who see the same - is that the Polls sub forum is ironically inefficient. Why segregate polls exclusively into a sub forum created for them and only them, instead of letting the polls be placed anywhere that their topic is relevant? We could have votes on balance in Balance Feedback, votes on general stuff in the general discussions sub forum, that sort of thing.

Additionally, with General Discussions being the most frequented sub forum and with Polls being very new, vote and data collection is stifled as people would rather browse their current sub forum and comment on those topics, than specifically go to a sub-section with polls. It would be much easier if polls can be in any sub forum and are instead sorted into where they belong (like some balance discussions in general are moved to Balance Feedback), instead of the Polls sub-forum.

In short, I think it may be much more efficient, for multiple reasons, to let polls be posted in any sub forum relating to their topic, rather than a sub forum dedicated to the post type. It would help with data and vote collection, and make it possible for Polls to be seen at random rather than having to view a specific sub forum.

How many other forum goers agree?

Comments

• JudgementJudgement Member Posts: 789

I want to bring this back up because I’m still seeing lots of polls getting moved. I’m just concerned that the forums are suffering from inefficiency in segregating poll posts to a specific sub-forum when the majority sticks to General Discussions.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,998

I think if questions and discussions are in the same category (general discussion) then some general discussion polls should be allowed to remain in general discussion.

Polls as a sub forum should have opinion gauging purpose. Any off topic polls in the off topic sub forum. Maybe I just like things extremely organized. No harm with it being as it is though. It's still functional.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 5,281

Why dont you start a Poll about that? :>

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 5,082

It's really not difficult to click into the polls section and check for new polls. This is a non-issue.