The best concept for Legion to make his power work and fix his problems
This isn't a very complex and detailed concept, it's more just a general idea that the devs should follow if they want to fix Legion imo.
He should be reverted to a 4.4 killer with a 24 meter terror radius and be reliant on his power, so he has a very special and unique kit, like spirit, nurse, hag and huntress. And myers at some point.
So, in my opinion devs should take these steps:
- Fix Deep wounds. How?
Well, the bar doesn't go down when inside a 24 meter fixed radius from the killer. Survivors can't do the same actions while experiencing Deep Wounds that they can't do when in madness 3.
- The power should have fixed effects/stats and then those effects are improved or changed to a better way when they hit a survivor that is not deep wounded.
Ex: The power lasts 6 seconds by default. When hitting someone that doesn't have deep wounds, refills the power gauge and it drains at half speed and Legion sprints even faster, activates killer instinct,etc. This is just an example ofc.
A good example of this is the old Iridescent Button, that had an effect that got triggered exactly the way these should.
This brings more counterplay in chases and makes spreading hits more easy and viable.
- Reduce the lunge duration while in Feral Frenzy to 0.3 seconds (from 0.5). Keep the cooldown reduction when you miss a hit.
This keeps the feeling of a frenzy and doesn't make you win nothing but simply for what it was made for: make hits almost guaranteed when you are right above the survivor.
- The power should be lethal. He should be reliable on his power to conserve uniqueness. Make the power more able to down survivors FASTER (not easier) but bring the corresponding counterplay.
This comes along with the past change that I mentioned. His power is different to down someone and to spread hits. This killer has potential, but needs the right numbers so he doesn't stand on the edge of being too OP or weak with the slightest change.
- His power should be dynamic, meaning that it can be activated when the bar is NOT FULL.
This makes the main part of his kit be more easy to use and it's the player that needs to choose when to use it, increasing the skill cap.
- Make his power to have sinergy with already injured survivors that do not have deep wounds and exposed.
Ex: The deep wound bar has 30 seconds by default, with a hit with FF reducing it by 10 seconds. An exposed or already injured survivor starts with only 20 seconds.
- After all these steps, Add-ons should be reevaluated to make them fair or good. The new pin add-ons with being activated in 1 hit seem really good.
Basically, everything is on the dev's hand. The effects, the numbers, the mechanics is 100% up to them, but I think this is the way to proceed to fix Legion.
Share your thoughts with this.