We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dedicated Servers Test: Feedback

PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 3,919
edited October 9 in Feedback and Suggestions

As of October 2nd, 2019, we have begun testing dedicated servers on the live PC version of the game following the changes made in the 3.2.2 hotfix.

Please note: Dedicated servers are not enabled on consoles just yet.

If you have had a chance to give the dedicated servers a try, we'd love to hear what you think below.

Additionally, if you could fill out this survey, it would be greatly appreciated: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J2JRJ6X

Thank you!

Post edited by not_Queen on

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,606
    edited October 3

I hopped on the pc version to try em out and they seem a lot better. Issues here and there but they've come a long way.

Good job.

For example of issues hit delay on huntress hatchets and myers sometimes stalks through walls.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,101
    edited October 3

I didn't even know this was a thing going on right now. But I played a couple of survivor matches between yesterday and today, and things seemed fine to me.

Are the disconnect mechanics in place -- like dc'ing survivors leaving husks behind?

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 3,919

Not just yet. These are the next steps once dedicated servers fully launch.

• PeenutsButt3rPeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 305

Been waiting for a lobby as survivor for 18 minutes...

Legend has it I'm still waiting.

• luizedu9luizedu9 Member Posts: 11

my ping was about 50 -- 70 in lobby. South america.

As survival, sometimes my vault stuck for a little time, but the rest it was ok.

As killer, i was chasing survivors, when sundely they start to disapear without scratch marks. Probably it was my internet conection. but.. better report, maybe other killers are seeing this too.

• SecretriderSecretrider Member Posts: 5

Literally worse than in the PTB. Disconnects me within the first minute of the game when for weeks prior there were no issues.

• MyName123MyName123 Member Posts: 9

the unique problem is the killer is lagging, because the hitbox are so much bad and unplayable

• thedevalexthedevalex Member Posts: 257

I had stable 60 ping which was lovely, I didn't experience any lag/hitbox issues (except for myers tier audio being bugged). As killer I didn't experience any lag also so that's great. I love the new servers.

• SatsuiSatsui Member Posts: 82
    edited October 3

I love the new dedicated servers! Seems like all the major bugs were fixed. The experience is AWESOME. Pleaseeee keep it on. People who complain are spoiled brats who cant know the difference between playing as a host than playing on a server. They will adapt eventually.

• EbisekEbisek Member Posts: 21

I had many sync issues with hits and positioning of killer (from my survivor side). Particular situations: Spirit hit to the corner of killer shack and the game hits me though I was 10m away. Invisible nurse grabbing me from the window, but she blink to my position 2 seconds later in the middle of grab animation. Many situations with hits from 5 meters range.

I had 40-50ms stable ping in lobby.

• DaftPunkk1DaftPunkk1 Member Posts: 3

i think u guys have done a pretty good job so far (for real kk'')

i only play as survivor,and the matches seems to be more fair now for both killer and survivors,definitly no hits through pallets and windows

• rd_dexrd_dex Member Posts: 117

Myers power bar is very laggy.

• OverdoseTOverdoseT Member Posts: 31

Ping: 75 ~

Played yesterday 3 hours with Plague:

Lobbys was fill very fast after finding a match, thats great !

On my first Plague match i got a weird bug (?) where i puked for about 30 seconds and in this time a walked normal speed with Plague :D

But this only happened in first match.

Hit detection with M1 attacks is great but i think sometimes the puke didnt hit when it should.

And when you destroy pallets, it fells the destroy animation stucks a little bit, so it takes longer.

Hope this helps a bit.

Sorry for my bad english btw

Bye

• luizedu9luizedu9 Member Posts: 11

I was legion. Someone was taken of the hook. but he character got stuck on the hook, I hit him, then he teleport like 10 meters away from the hook downed.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 328

If its going to be dedicated servers the game needs some kind of lag compensation. The hits look even funkier than they do on p2p with you getting hit from what looks like even farther away than before.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,109

Revert it back already! It's clearly nowhere near finished.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,101

I played a game as Spirit a little while ago, and it seemed fine. I honestly don't see a difference; performance was as-expected. Grabbed two people off gens, even!

• MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 107

Connection is very inconsistent, one game you have 40-50 ping the next you have 140-200 ping, when the connection is on the good side for the most part it performs pretty well, however despite your ping all killer powers seem to have a large delay, and can cost you the game. On the survivor side, it is usually either unnoticeable or hell on earth, no in between. Overall better than it was in the PTB, but still needs a lot of work.

• SnyprLifeSnyprLife Member Posts: 32

As survivor i get around 50 ping usually but for some reason as killer i get over 100 every lobby. Also as survivor hits don't always look like they connect.

• Luloco51Luloco51 Member Posts: 13

as killer i get 50-100 ping it feels smooth and all but before my survivors get randomly dc of the match but now im the person who get dc instead of the suvivors as survivor you get more easy hit in windows and pallet and randomly getting dc i hope my issue get fixed

• mcallisterbritt6969mcallisterbritt6969 Member Posts: 3

Server setting need to be change back to the way they was on the last part of the PTB they worked better then....

• majkolinmajkolin Member Posts: 1
    1. - Clown threw lotion like 10 meters away from me, I did not scream but exhausted status appearet - i got killed.
    2. - Huntress was throwing hatchets through the wall
    3. womiting princess was womiting behind the walls with same mechanic like huntress witch hatchets.

Good luck with that. I am done