We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Making David King Homosexual

LastResort554LastResort554 Member Posts: 5
edited October 2 in Lore

Okay so before people get mad at "you don't need to make a character gay"

When I play survivor, I only play David King, because for some reason he resonances with my heart and soul.

This game has really helped me though some tough times, and David King became a part of me.

I even have his rose tattooed on my neck!

I know one person's request might not be heard, but I know there are alot of LGBT people who play this game, and looking at other online games who have had LGBT characters written into the law such as overwatch. It would mean the world to us if we could just have one character who we can say "this game shows us pride, respect and love."

So please fellow people of the fog, and the amazing Devs that have brought me this game!

Signed, LastResort554, David King main.

P.S please don't change his tattoo again!!!

Tagged:

Comments

• LastResort554LastResort554 Member Posts: 5

Sorry, but Kate and Jeff have been pretty much paired by everyone, what's so wrong with just asking for someone to represent us LGBT. It's not like I asked Dwight to be transgendered or something. And no we don't have "enough representation. Statistics say that 1/10 people are gay, there is over 10 survivors, so who would you most think fits?

I believe it to be David. He's rough, but deep down (in his lore) he protects his friends. Showing that even the most masculine men can have a soft spot. I'm just saying that because yes, I may be projecting myself into him. But as I said. I 100% see myself in him.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,892

I wouldn't mind it personally, I'm gay myself so representation is fine in my eyes. The way I see it tho, the devs like giving people freedom with the characters. They want to let you have them be whatever you want them to be, and I think that's pretty cool. Not against the idea at all tho.

• SpannungsstoßSpannungsstoß Member Posts: 144

I hope they implement a gay character with the maturity the subject should have, not just force it to make gay people happy, maybe my wording was not adequate

Now, its up to you if you think the game has insuficient LGBT representation, i dont agree with every single piece of media out there needing a gay character to be inclusive.

With that out of the way, again, i hope i did not offend you, it was not my intention.

Look, I emailed the Devs my tattoo and they loved it, so I asked if they could make David homosexual in honour of my eternal support, so they asked me to post this.

With the archives coming out soon, who knows? Everyone could be gay!

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 619

I knew this post would get a lot of backlash. I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting to see yourself represented in media, even in a video game like Dead By Daylight.

Its the same thing as people wanting more female characters, or black characters or hispanic characters etc. When you are apart of a minority it is nice to feel included. It just seems more forced with LGBT characters because sexuality is less apparent, so it always has to be made explicit.

With that being said, I don’t think any of the non-licensed characters have a defined sexuality, so it seems like its something thats purposely ambiguous, as to leave to the players interpretation.

• KerbertKerbert Member Posts: 346

....wut

I was literally talking about that to my friends hahaha

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 833

I actually didn't see much backlash, only one post was really a "No". The rest were more like mine, a "So long as they do it right, but I don't want it to seem forced/do more harm than good."

But i'd honestly forgotten about the Archives, which would be the perfect way to introduce a character's sexuality without it doing more harm than good. The archives are just memories so it would make sense for a character to have fond memories of their partner if they had one.

• thatguyinktownthatguyinktown Member Posts: 813

Genderbending clothing could be interesting, like Huntress in a stolen infantry uniform, or a Marlene Deitrich spirit. Clown in a girlie dress and Shirley temple curls...Billy in a pantsuit. Lol

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 1,049

People politely disagreeing with one another isn't the same thing as "backlash". And OP's request is not quite the same as hoping for more variation in the backgrounds of future characters. In the case of this thread, we're talking about an existing character, so it's more comparable to asking the devs to make Meg canonically transgender, or the Nurse hispanic. Diversity is fine, but retroactively plopping in irrelevant details like that purely for the sake of diversity isn't a good idea.

Well there was one poster who was being somewhat rude, but it’s true that’s its definitely not as much backlash as I initially though lol.

But with that being said, honestly what does it matter if they revealed an existing character to be gay? Like I said, none of the non-licensed characters have a defined orientation, so it’s not like it would be retconning or anything. I seriously doubt that if it’s were revealed tomorrow that Claudette is straight and had a boyfriend that’s people would be upset.

Besides the archives are right around the corner, and they are going to dive into the lore of all the characters which means we are going to be learnings more about them anyways. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that one of the already existing characters is lgbt.

True it definitely wasn’t as much backlash as I initially thought. (Which is a good thing tbh lol)

And yes I feel like if they were to reveal something like this, the archives would be the perfect opportunity to do so.

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 452
  • dfrenchieedfrenchiee Member Posts: 150

Mathieu has already said that at least one of the survivors is gay, but they aren't going to say who; so you are free to believe whoever you want is gay. Its up for interpretation.

If they went ahead and said "David is gay" that might make some people upset just like if they had said that "Dwight is straight"

• Rokku_RorruRokku_Rorru Member Posts: 125

In a genre where sexuality has been one of the main tropes since the dawn of slasher movies etc. Where Nancy and Steve are two of such examples...

Sex sells, it always has and it always will.

• TheALIENTheALIEN Member Posts: 222

Always thought Ace was gay Xx

This discussion has been closed.