We have made some changes and added a new feature to the forums. For more details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/858959/#Comment_858959
Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Making David King Homosexual

1235»

Comments

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 662
    edited October 21

1) Why does it matter if they are licensed or not? If people are so opposed to sexuality existing in this game, then they should be opposed to these characters as well. If anything, the inclusion of licensed characters with defined sexuality shows that it’s not a big deal and can just be a small detail to make the characters more interesting and fleshed out.

2) Umm it is actually explicitly stated in game. Go read Nurses lore. Before she was taken by the entitiy, she had a husband named Andrew and wanted to have kids one day in the house they built together. Sounds pretty confirmed to me. As for the wraith, the description for his costume states that he and the Nurse are together to comfort each other in the world of the entity. No one is being “JK-Rowling-Ed” here, it’s literally been this way since the beginning. (Also there are a ton of horror themed movies where two psycho killers are in love)

3) I understand the desire to leave it ambiguous, so as to allow the player to imagine the character how they want, but there’s nothing wrong with making it explicit either (which they already have with the characters mentioned above). After all these are not your characters, they belong to BHVR, and if they choose to leave it ambiguous, that’s fine and totally up to them! On the other hand, if they do choose to explore that part of a character, it’s also totally fine and up to them! And you as the player have no right to be upset over it because they are not your characters.

Post edited by PrincessPoop on
  • Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 516

Just imagine that David is gay :)🎃

• MushwinMushwin Member Posts: 2,643

Is nice that people relate to a fictional character n all, but in the game i feel the devs etc aren't too concentrated on anyones sexuality, we can allmake up our minds and wonder if one is etc, but it's just a game after all and here to survive, i don't think or feel anything like sexuality etc needs to be introduced into this game.Nice tattoo n all but nah sorry, we don't need too much in depth of such.

• ShraarShraar Member Posts: 196

The Archives are all about fleshing out character's backstories to make them more interesting. Sexual orientations are just one facet of any character... If David is gay, that could explain why he's constantly getting into fights (overcompensating for his insecurity, worried someone with think he's not manly) or something like that. There's a lot of opportunity for quality storytelling.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,133

I guess you'll just have to wait for David Kind to appear on the Archives.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 662

I’m really hoping they explore more than two characters per tome, otherwise it could be YEARS before we get lore for some characters.... I doubt I would even still be playing this in a couple years lol.

• ImpalaImpala Member Posts: 106
    edited October 22

1. It matters, because BHVR is not responsible with their sexuality, lol, BHVR can't come now and say that Ash is gay because it is not their character to decide his sexuality.

2. Even if I didn't read her lore, go figure she is from the World Wars, no wonder she is straight. The outfits don't mean Jack for me, a Hag in an Orient Express doesn't make sense either and it is not related to her lore.

3. Can you name me some? Cuz none of the DbD killers have a loved one. (Can't talk about Bubba since I haven't seen his movies). I can tell you the same if they don't give a sexuality to their characters, so what's your point? I'm won't be upset, but by my standards, David doesn't look or act gay. Revealing their sexuality won't move the lore forward in any way, so what I'm telling you is that there is no need for this. You can always play Doki Doki tho.

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 776

I feel as if this added into his lore is unneeded, but maybe an upcoming survivor could be in the LGBT?

I just feel already established characters shouldn't be pushed into the LGBT realm.

So maybe someone could make an LGBT character concept, But other than that lore wise, no one established should be pushed into that realm.

That's my thoughts on the matter.

This discussion has been closed.