Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Corrupt Intervention or Thrilling Tremors?

KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 3,117
edited October 2019 in General Discussions

I prefer playing Myers, Pig, and Legion, with a little Clown tossed in. Which would be better if I wanted to unlocked another Teachable, Corrupt Intervention or Thrilling Tremors?

Comments

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 3,043

I'd choose Corrupted Intervention for Myers and possibly Pig because it helps Myers get out of T1 and to put a trap on a survivor before a gen pops.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,600

Both, I am having so much fun with both

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 3,117

@Boosted_Dwight That's what I was thinking, to be honest.

@GrootDude See above.

Also, after testing out both killers for a couple of matches, I might just go with Plague. With Myers and Pig being two of my mains, I don't know that I really want a third stealth killer after all.

That, and his whole reveal mechanic is irking me in a bad way for some reason. He's feeling like a poor man's Michael Myers.

edited October 2019

@TheHoodedOne Well, naturally. 😂

I was asking in reference to my next Teachable between the two. I play on limited time, so it takes me about 10-12 days to get Teachables unlocked on a specific killer. Sometimes a full two weeks.

• TheGorgonTheGorgon Member Posts: 777

Killers like Clown love the inclusion of Thrilling Tremors. Stealth killers probably enjoy that extra time though, not so much the info.

• BleedissBleediss Member Posts: 124

They're perks for different purposes. Intervention for guaranteed stall and Tremors for information, but the bit of stall is nice too.

I'd probably suggest Tremors on those killers, as Myers is really the only one who can get a high amount of value out of Intervention.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Do you want some tracking with slowdown mixed in throughout most of the match or do you want pure slowdown to get a head start at the start of a match? Either can be good it's just what playstyle you'd like to go with

@PhantomMask20763 I always prefer tracking over direct slowdown. C.I. is one of those perks that doesn't seem very useful beyond the initial phase. Feels like a Ruin that gets cleansed, to be honest.

Whereas T.T. has a match-wide usage. Also, sounds like T.T. might pair well with Surge.

I've already considered Surge with PGTW, which means I might just have to buy Demogorgon afterall.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Like Groot said, Tremors is better on your killers.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,864

On one hand you have Corrupt Intervention, which either forces survivors to waste the first 2 minutes of the match waiting for it to go away, or come to you in order to try and make progress. On Shape, Pig, Legion or Clown these possibilities are really good. Pig can get the upper hand especially by getting a few RBT's on before a gen pops if they tried to wait it out, which only delays gen completion even more in the early game. Shape gets extra stalk time early on despite what route the survivors take, Legion gets them to come in close together for more chain hits, and Clown potentially gets some fast and early downs regardless of the tactic the survivors use. This is a good perk for all the killers you are using, but it's not necessarily the best for them, especially if the survivor group is exceptional at stealth tactics. However the biggest downside to this perk is that you absolutely need a tracking perk to go with it in order to know which tactic they are using. Whispers, Spies, & to a lesser degree Stridor are your best bets for the early game detection.

On the other hand you have Thrilling Tremors, which halts progress on any gen it affects for 16 seconds, and reveals what gens are currently being worked on in order to guide you to the next target. Paired with Pop Goes the Weasel, this can be a very good perk to have since you'll see which gen you need to kick next. Unfortunately we also have to take survivor tactics into consideration, and the go-to tactic against Thrilling Tremors is to cease working on gens as soon as a fellow survivor goes down. This makes TT affect every gen without revealing which ones are being worked on, so unless you also use something like BBQ, you aren't always going to know which gen you should head to. Sure it delays the survivors 16 seconds for completing a gen, but if you don't know which gens they are focusing on, it's not very useful. However, ultimately the slowdown you achieve from survivors using this tactic can be what nets you a win, especially if you pair it with gen slowdown perks like Ruin, Dying Light, Pop Goes the Weasel, and to a lesser degree Huntress Lullaby, Surge, and Thanatophobia. TT + DL + Thana on Legion will be particularly potent if you pair them with Sloppy Butcher, Pig could also benefit greatly with TT + DL + Ruin, Clown would get considerable leverage with TT + PGTW + DL, and Shape is one of the few killers uniquely qualified to get the most out of TT + Surge + PGTW + DL. Surge is mostly useless to any killer who can't down a survivor with 1 basic attack, Shape can and often does but only when using EW3... still its crazy effective when he can down a survivor, activate surge, block the surged gen, and then sweep in to punish it more with Pop since the repair time goes up more and more with every hook from DL.

TBH, I'm not sure which to go for. Thrilling tremors you'd absolutely have to build around more to make it worthwhile for the killers you use, but the builds would be nasty as hell. Corrupt intervention would only require maybe 1 other perk to make it more viable, is more universal to all of your killers right away, but might not be as nasty or effective for them... depends on how you play and whether or not you get a few downs before the timer runs out. I want to lean more towards CI, but if you have the perks to build it for sheer punishment, TT would be the way to go.

edited October 2019

I do believe I am going to go Thrilling Tremors. Everyone brought up some solid points, too, so thank you guys.

And @TWiXT , I have all the perks you mentioned to pair with TT unlocked except Thana, which I am waiting for the Shrine to get because I absolutely, unequivocally, cannot play Nurse to save my own life (already have Nurse's Calling from the Shrine a while back), and Surge, which is the next Perk that I'm going for after TT.

Usually, I will play my mains a bit with BBQ and Pudding and dump the points into whoever I need the teachable from, but in the case of GF and Demo, I'm actually going to play those two as I level them. I already have over 300k waiting for GF right now, after doing three dailies tonight that happened to also be on Killers that I had BBQ + Pudding for (I know it doesn't double the dallies), plus some test matches with GF and Plague.

Plague . . . not for me at this time. Maybe down the line. 😁

• SaltySwagSaltySwag Member Posts: 140

Depends on your play style honestly.

If you are playing a killer that struggles with map control or needs set up time I'd say CI.

I don't personally use Thrilling Tremors myself. Try running Discordance, and Surveil sometime. Game changers. Mix in some pop goes the weasel and BBQ, and you got yourself a solid slow the game down build.

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Thrilling tremors is only good on killers with high mobility. It is especially good on billy.

On killers without high mobility just use corrupt intervention imo.

• KrazyAce13KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 329

Honestly every killer can benefit from a thrilling tremors pop goes the weasel combo corrupt is good for killers that need early game set up but after 2 minutes is up you got a dead perk

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,864

you don't have to play her, just lvl her up with points you earn from other killers until you get the perks unlocked. which should only cost 1mil-1.2mil for lvl 40 depending on what you get for her.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

Agreed. If you started playing Trapper Corrupt is your best friend. But on M1 killers Thrilling is a better choice.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

Thrilling Tremors. You should pair it with Pop as well.

@DudeDelicious I was thinking Thrilling, then unlock Surge and run those two together. Maybe with a side of PGTW.

What do you think?

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

If you're playing a killer like Michael who takes a while to get things going I suggest corrupt intervention.

Thrilling tremors is more of a reward for constant pressure which would be beneficial for legion and piggy

@Volfawott I play Myers, Pig, Legion, and Clown. Obviously, I need to get both. I was just curious which to unlock first.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 5,911

I'd go with Thrilling, given your Killer selection.

I try to save my RBT usage for mid-late match, though, admittedly.

@Raccoon Funny. I do the same on Pig.

• Blackowt_9120Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

Corrupt intervention is really good but I think TT is better. Tt helps for the entire game and it’s a lovely feeling to be in a three gen situation, down someone, kick a gen thats almost completed and know it will be regressing for minimum 16 seconds

@Blackowt_9120 Interesting. So, we can still kick a gen that the Entity has blocked via Thrilling Tremors?

• Blackowt_9120Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300

You would kick it before you pick them up, you can’t interact with it either.

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

both are great.

edited October 2019

@Blackowt_9120 Okay, that makes sense. I was about to comment about that crap being broken, otherwise. That would be like using Surge, and then being able to kick the same generator for PGTW.

By the way, bought Stranger Things tonight and tested Demogorgon out using only Surge. Now I am torn between TT and Surge.

Surge actually saved my ass tonight. They did the outlying gens, and then kept getting hit with Surge on everything they tried to do mid and late game because I kept downing people. Ended in a 3k with a hatch escape, my second match in. Map was Haddonfield.

But, not sure how that would play out on a wider map like Coldwind.