We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Omg another tru video

Get used to it or leave. Anywho

Really in all honesty here, Prove thyself really needs to be looked at, tool boxes need to be looked at, generators and objectives need to be looked at in general (To those of you who thinks I'm asking for a nerf on all of these things, please leave this thread, I'm asking for a change) If this doesn't show how stupid fast survivors can get through generators, then I don't know what will. All it takes is for one survivor to know that another survivor has proved thyself, and you know what happens next. "Oh but she didn't have ruin" Ruin wouldn't have made any difference other than just slowing things down a t i n y bit and with the RNG of skill checks. Yet here we are asking to nerf killers and makes more pallets safer.

Tagged:

Comments

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 10,682

Omg another Tru3 video

jk 😉

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,606

I don't think the devs want to look at these things to be honest. People have complained about gen speeds for ages if the devs were going to address it i feel like they would have by now.

• XbonedXboned Member Posts: 442
    edited October 7

As reluctant as I am to have another Tru stream dominating the conversation around here...

Watching that makes me not want to play.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,388

They can't. Yet all I see are forums to nerf all the Killers and not raise up the weaker cast.

I want anyone to watch this video, and still believe gens are okay as they are. First Gen done in 32 seconds COUNTING THE INTRO TO THE MATCH! Second done in 35 seconds. 3rd pops from someone else working. 4th is 38 seconds (And that's 2 people working on it and the 2nd) THEN Killer gets the first hook. ONE HOOK... and 1 gen left. As Killer, i'd be done right there. I'd let them leave.

• BleedissBleediss Member Posts: 42

I can't be the only one thinking about Discordance here, right?

Just SLATER that pressure all over the Survivors. They can't do anything then! Of course I can be in 4 places at once! Of course I can use my power and not have to break chase to reload, or heaven forbid get looped even once!

Go count the seconds. Remember Killer is alone and not 4 people... then say that again with a straight face. Also, they left the game cause of this and will perhaps not come back. Good plan! Just "Git Gud" and "Apply Pressure"! in 24 seconds! To everyone!

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,220

How about you run Discordance and Ruin, and punish them for using Prove Thyself.

Instead of you know, running a Killer perkless.

Get over yourselves, gen times are fine.

So, Ruin that would be up for about 20 seconds.

Discordance would have helped.

But dude... I counted the times. That's not fine. I'm not sure why you think they are.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 245

And this is why people spam nurse and spirit.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 2,088
    edited October 7

If were counting seconds, count the seconds it took to get their very first down. It was around the 2 minute mark. Gen speeds isnt what was giving that killer a hard time. Finding ppl fast enough to get them to do anything BUT work on gens is what his problem was. Nobody had anything to do except work on gens the entire time this guy wasnt getting downs. No one had to go for unhooks, and tru3 never even got chased. One of Huntress's biggest flaws is her reduced movement speed, and not having any tracking perks equiped is a pretty big nail in the coffin for why gens were flying. If this person had the experience needed to actually end chases faster, as well as something like whispers or discordance... They wouldve been able to apply pressure on 3 survivors at once at the start there.

Also, tru3 wasnt bullying a rank 20 killer... While the guy might be put off on trying Huntress for awhile, I doubt a red rank is gonna leave the game for good due to getting stomped.

edited October 7

I think this comes down to opinion and personal views at this point. I could argue this till I'm blue in the face but would rather just say "Okay, You can have your opinion." and move on before anyone is less Civil.

And yes, 2 minutes. In fact at 1:04 you can see the person get hurt... which means that he had not only found them but been looped at least enough to get a hit in. Which means he found him much earlier in the match. He managed to down them soon after. If this was a "New Killer" or whatever, he'd have had to see him and start the chase after the first Gen. Edit: Looks like it was around the 35-36 second mark. You can see the Obsession thing wiggling... though it seems he hit someone else as well.

Would perks have helped? Duh. Would it have saved them here? No.

In fact if you look, They hit everyone BUT Tru3 and the Obsession. So, they WERE applying pressure but only managed one down and hook in the VERY SHORT TIME they had.

• BleedissBleediss Member Posts: 42

I mean you don't have to run Ruin. If you play well you can run other regression perks.

Survivors also deal with being forced to run certain perks to counter something, kind of just how the game is right now.

What wouldve saved him is actual experience playing this killer. I could post a game with me playing as Nurse, who I have no experience with at all, but it doesnt prove the opponites are OP when I cant get downs on them. In any other discussion, survivors grouping up together is a HORRIBLE IDEA because it's just going to ask for the killer to apply pressure to 3 survivors at once.

Naw, just BT, Adren, DH, and BL. Set for life.

Or we could have fun and interesting builds on both sides! But that wouldn't be optimized! the tragedy.

No amount of "Playing well" tops this.

• ExerlinExerlin Member Posts: 292

I'd like to see him try this against an actually decent killer.

So what you are saying is only play Killers you are good with, Ever. With only the best perks, Ever.

Rank 4 Killer in the video Btw.

Honestly man, this is just gonna go in circles. It's honestly hard to pull facts from this other than what the video shows us. To me, it shows how fast gens can be and that no one can beat that.

To you, it shows the Killer should "Git Gud" and not play Killers that are off Meta or new at a high rank.

I never said anything about meta. Im saying to declare something is unbalanced based off a game against someone who had no experience with their selected killer and no perks is silly. Huntress can be RIDICULOUSLY good if played well. This person did NOT play well AT ALL. Until Freddy got his rework, Huntress was actually the highest tiered killer I played, with most of my time being put into OG Freddy. I tell ppl all the time that the "meta" isnt the only way to play.

As far as playing killers your not use to at high ranks... TBH Id be all for having rankings different by each killer. I suck BAD when playing as the top 3 killers, so being able to play as a rank 12 Billy or something when not playing my rank 1 Freddy would be nice.

• DerpDerp Member Posts: 121

I agree with Glint here. The Huntress played poorly and to top it all off, wasn't running any perks or addons to slow the game down. Also, just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong since it can be refuted.

• PhoxPhox Member Posts: 91

This is SO accurate.

Lots of people look at a video like this with confirmation bias. The problem here isn’t gen times. If this were a clearly experienced huntress running a strong build I might be able to see the problem.

Gonna tell you right now, I respect you for putting alot of time into OG Freddy. Like, that is dedication. You are right to an extent as well. I'd be down for seeing someone playing a Killer that they know and is still not the Top Killers going up against this. My main thing is I didn't have time to really see if she "played poorly" or if the gens just exploded in her face too quick to deal with. Side Note: I too do not like the Meta Killers. I main Legion, of all Killers.

Also, Don't put words in my mouth please. I am not saying that "I have my opinion so I am right." I'm saying that this is how I see it. That's it. If you can prove me wrong please do. I am not one of those people that hide behind the excuse of "Oh that's just my opinion." I have just seen these topics go into a cesspool and take pains to try and avoid it. Thank you, and like I said, please don't put words in my mouth.

I saved this little beauty right before the rework hit. I like to show it off to show what happens when you kill everyone too fast.

This was a 2 minute long game on Rotten fields with 5 gens still up and 4 dead. Freddy was good at teaching ppl how to juggle survivors and apply pressure. I hit rank 1 first while I was maining him (I swapped off abit for Huntress later on, but now back on Freddy). Didnt bother using ruin on him before his rework, just got good at learning to juggle pressure. I highlighted the chase category to show that I wasnt camping and still safetypipped, lol.

Hopefully you can see this isnt just me bragging and how this relates to the original post.

• ScottJundScottJund Member Posts: 375

I really hate these examples. All I see is a perkless Huntress who has no idea how to play her who took over 3 minutes to down someone. The time it takes to finish the game is directly related to how many people the killer is occupying, and he occupied basically nobody the entire match.

That being said, I do think some toolboxes should be nerfed. They're the issue, not Prove Thyself

Oh no, I get it. Kinda has me thinking, but I'll need time to weight it all in my head. Thank you for the info in fact!