We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How to fix Disconnecting in DbD or can it really be fixed?

ZagridZagrid Member Posts: 536

TL:DW

Basically removing the reasons to disconnect would fix the issue instead of punishing the people that do since there are too many variables to take into account

Some things that need fixing

Omega blink nurse which will be fixed mid chapter, prayer bead spirit, iridescent heads, stream sniping, and haddon field with balanced landing. Either fixing by removing/making less annoying.

Comments

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 972

Don't forget, you also have to remove being able to be the first survivor downed by the killer. That's the #1 reason for which I see survivors disconnect.

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,459

takes 30 seconds more to die than to dc. punishing dc's wont make people play the game they want to dc from. this solves nothing

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 556
    edited October 7

While I do agree that players should be punished for frequently DCing, perma banning them for it seems a little over the top especially considering it will randomly kick you out the game sometimes. I think worse case scenario that you get banned for a full month. After dcing about 5 or 6 times you get a final warning and the next time you get a -25% bloodpoint penalty which last until you go enough games without DCing. After that you should get a 1 week ban and then a month long ban.

• EleghostEleghost Member Posts: 69

Pretty sure the current penalty if enough games are left/dced from goes 1 week, 2 week, 4 week, permanent.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,220
    edited October 7

Disconnecting will happen no matter what in games, because there are people who can't stand losing.

Even in games like Overwatch or LOL people DC when things don't go their way. That's just how some people are. This will always be true.

BUT

The rate of DCing in DBD is on a whole different level from most other games. This is no accident. The fact of the matter is, the game is by design a lot more frustrating than the typical online game. And this goes for both sides (killer and survivor).

There are many things that can be fixed so that a game like this can inherently be more fun and less frustrating for all players. It's hard because the basic design of this game is inherently given to frustration. Survivors can line up for a match only to get downed in the first few seconds and die or get farmed on hook, barely even playing the game at all. Killers can be avoided the entire match and never catch a survivor. These things are inherently frustrating and a lot harder to mitigate compared to say a simple online shooter.

There are things that can be done to address the biggest issues, though. You've touched on some of the big ones.

• Instadowns
    • Omegablinks
    • Haddonfield BL

BHVR has a long way to go in fixing a lot of these design issues that are just frustrating for everyone. I don't know if it'll ever be fixed. It's been three years and it's still a mess. We can only hope, but frankly I wouldn't hold my breath.

• AngryFluffyAngryFluffy Member Posts: 117

Removing the reasons for DCs would actually mean to remove the whole game. People dc on literally everything.

Map they don't like = dc

Killer they don't like = dc

Hex totem got clensed within the first three minutes = dc

Exit gates opened with all 4 survivors alive = dc

Mori = dc

First one downed = dc

Getting slugged for longer than 3 seconds = dc

Literally no obvious reason = dc

The only way to stop people from doing it would probably be temporary bans, something like 2nd dc (within 24 hours)= 15 minutes, 3rd dc = 30 minutes, and so on....if they get punished, people probably would stop to do it every single time.

• altruisticaltruistic Member Posts: 825

How can you fix me not wanting to be rank 1? You can't. They changed DC's to minus 1 PIP now too. Quite a shame. I detest being rank 1 Survivor.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,220

This is a foolish mindset. Way to miss the big picture.

You're right though. You won't have DC's. I mean, you can't have DC's if nobody is playing.

• Top_Secret_117Top_Secret_117 Member Posts: 11

Heres post I just made that rather then having to fix the whole game, we create and incentevise a new mechanic promoting player participation.

heres the link

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93444/a-new-approach-to-d-c-disconnecting-new-pre-lobby-state-called-worthy-of-the-entity#latest

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 631
    edited October 7

DCers do not represent the entire community. They represent a portion. That portion being the most toxic and useless that has no respect for the game or their competition. Let them begone and what remains will be worth playing with.

The idea that you should nerf skills and powers based on the subjective whims and temper tantrums of malcontent's is laughable. Tell us all, if they don't stop DCing afterwards, what then? The killers will be left with nerfs but nothing changes.

I can envision a group of 7th graders presenting that as a solution to an issue.

Adults understand that you do not reward poor behavior and poor sportsmanship with changes that benefit the poor attitude having players. It only further encourages bad behavior when something they do not personally like is in game.

Foolish mindset! Pfft.

• ZagridZagrid Member Posts: 536

If you play the game for fun and you encounter a game that will straight up not be fun, then what is the point of playing it out. On the killer side you will probably be bullied which is the opposite of fun and if you are on the survivor side you do screw your team by leaving, but if you are going against iridescent head huntress and she is a good huntress, well the game was over from the start.

Not to mention if you punished disconnected so harshly no one would disconnect they would just AFK/kill themselves on the hook, either way you can’t make someone play something they don’t want to play.

You really should have watched the video because I can tell you didn’t, he talked about all of that in way more detail how harsher punishments will never “fix” the reason why people DC, since they will just find a way around it.

• MysticAdvisorMysticAdvisor Member Posts: 166

I agree we must punish disconnects.

It is not ok to disconnect from an online game on purpose.

If you do you deserve the ban for being a horrible team mate( if your survivor).

Protesting by dcing isn’t a just way of doing so.

You actively ruin the game for others by dcing.

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 631
    edited October 7

I wouldn't know. When I get my ass handed to me in checkers or Madden I claim my opponent didn't let me have fun and throw the checkerboard across the room and my controller through the TV screen.

The point of playing the game out is so you learn what it's like to be an adult and not go through life acting as a petulant child.

Sooner or later the real world will smack you in the teeth and you'll learn you do what isn't fun because it has to be done, that you have no entitlement as the world owes you nothing, and that your personal pleasure in a given activity only matters to you and no one else.

The world doesn't nerf the queen in chess because you don't personally find her fun. You will however be banned from chess tournament play if you keep quitting the matches because they will not remove that piece.

How old are you lot that keeps posting this "nothing matters if I claim I'm not having fun" rhetoric?

For the record I have watched the video as well as engaged with Scott whose argument boiled down to "I'm stupid and need to get better" if I don't agree. He suggests token map fixes to help killers which would take years to even address while suggesting any killer addon that isn't marginally better than a common be nerfed in hopes that it might, hopefully, maybe, perhaps, stop a culture of petulant children from DCing.

Scott is a phenomenal killer, particularly Huntress. But he is also a streamer. He is very intelligent and knows how to appeal to a base which is why he spends his streams beating survivors and screaming how broken and OP he is for being able to do so. It keeps his survivor viewers feeling as if they can support him while he garners killer viewers trying to learn how to play better and enjoy the entertainment of long range hatchet throws.

He is also akin to the Warcraft guilds that beat a raid before everyone else then after doing it claiming it too easy, having it elevated in difficulty two to three times as much so the following guilds have a excruciating time trying to replicate the feat.

His particular feat is mastering Huntress. He has built a channel from it. What better way to secure his legacy than make future Huntresses play with nerfed ability and never possess the ability to do what he did for his run. At this point it won't effect him it will only affect those who follow.

Post edited by Tucking_Friggered on