We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

The One Stop Shop for Legion ideas! Come on in and take a look...

Comments

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,529

Ooh! Sunny Family Cult mask for Legion sounds interesting too!

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,676

With the first one it reminds me of the perk: Beast of Prey's description: "Your lust for a kill is so intense that your connection with the entity is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable." It works with what the Frenzy represents. I'm amazed that they didn't do that, to be honest. : P

IKR?! I really hope they see all this and get some good ideas! Alot of these are nice! Can you put your idea in here too?

Exactly the thinking that lead me to the first Idea! Isn't that I wonderful thought pattern?

• MongByeolBuddiesMongByeolBuddies Member Posts: 93
    edited October 11

(Thanks @UlvenDagoth for the inspiration.)

Here's my idea to help with, imo, Legion's two main problems:

* For killers, that’s getting a second hit and downing the survivor.

* For survivors, it's having to mend, which is boring and makes Legion obnoxious to go against.

My solution -- Give Legion a secondary power.

Mob Mentality:

When a survivor is suffering from the Deep Wound status effect, press the secondary power button to remove the survivor's Deep Wound status effect and summon one of the three other Legion members.

(If multiple survivors are suffering from the Deep Wound status effect, the survivor closest to Legion will be selected when the Legion presses the secondary power button.)

The Legion member will appear 2 seconds later, crouched down in the spot you summoned him or her and wait for any survivor to get within range. When a survivor is within range, the Legion member will lunge at the survivor and attempt to hit them.

If a healthy survivor is hit, he or she will be injured; if an injured survivor is hit, he or she will enter the dying state.

Regardless of whether the hit connects, the Legion member will dissipate in a cloud of smoke.

Legion can summon all three other members this way. If Legion summons a member while all three members are currently on the map, the first member to be summoned will switch to the new location. Legion cannot summon members within 8 meters of another member.

Survivors within 16 meters of Legion members can detect them by looking in their direction for 3 seconds. During detection, survivors will receive an audio cue. Once fully detected, the Legion members will dissipate in a cloud of smoke.

If a survivor sets off a Mob Mentality trap, the Legion receives an audio and visual cue. If survivors fully detect a Legion member, the Legion does not receive an audio and visual cue.

Also, Mob Mentality is a trap so perks, such as Small Game, will work against it.

----------------------------------------------------

Add-on changes to reflect Mob Mentality:

The Legion Pin -- The auras of survivors who fully detect a Legion member or are hit by him or her are revealed for 4 seconds.

Frank’s Mixed Tape -- Legion members are invisible to survivors outside of 8 meters.

Fuming Mixed Tape -- Legion can summon members without requiring survivors to be inflicted with the Deep Wound status effect. Considerably decreases the amount of time required for Survivors to complete the Mend action. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Mob Mentality provides a tool for Legion to counter looping, as well as set ambushes. Survivors paying attention can also detect when the Mob Mentality power has been used as the Deep Wound status effect will immediately disappear. It also speeds up the game for both the survivors and killers if the Legion uses Mob Mentality because Legion can get quicker downs and survivors won’t have to mend. 

Plus, I think it would be awesome for Legion to actually play like, you know, a Legion! Lastly, if possible, it would be extremely cool if the teammates you summoned could wear any cosmetics you’ve acquired, making it so you could customize the look of your own Legion.

Post edited by MongByeolBuddies on

..... OH MY GODDESS THAT SOUNDS COOL!

That's some good thinking there! You get to keep the rush down with FF but then you get a bit of a Trap play too. I love the idea of cosmetics carrying over AND it keeps the reason to buy them for the Devs!

I love the idea of any power that makes a lunge kinda thing. I've lobbied for Doc to get illusions to lunge to scare survivors... BUT HOLY CRAP! The thought of a survivor losing Deep wounds, getting confused then getting jumped by Joe with a heavy slash from triggering the trap! Woo!

I've always wanted to have them work TOGETHER but I couldn't get the idea to work in my head BUT THIS IS AMAZING! Ahhh! I wish the Devs would comment and see all this! All of the ideas here are so good!

The only question I have is, would Legion have an alert to let them know one of the other members have been "banished"?

EDIT: Added a really good idea to the top by @MongByeolBuddies !

Thank you for it!

Ahhh I so wish a Dev would comment on this so i know they have seen all these lovely Ideas!

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 309
    edited October 11

Here at @UlvenDagoth 's request.

A quick fix I'd do to make Legion more fun to play would just be to make Feral Frenzy infinite unless the Legion is stunned, misses a swing, or ends their power.

Change Frank's Mixtape so that it Considerably increases Power Recovery and make the Feral Frenzy Duration set of add-ons into Feral Frenzy Speed add-ons.

Bam, Legion's power becomes usable and fun without much of a change and without them becoming overpowered; since it's impossible to down a Survivor while in Feral Frenzy.

However Legion is now able to reliably use their power to slow down Survivors and keep people injured, which is what the devs wanted them to do anyway.

Also make the buttons apply on first hit. I don't understand why that hasn't been done yet.

Thank you! @TheRockstarKnight

• GodNapGodNap Member Posts: 50

Yeah right now, more than a power change i would prefer a completely rework

As long as they keep the "Rush Down" playstyle they have now! I love that the most about Legion! That's what we are trying to keep here! Feral Frenzy is great fun!

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 309

No problem. @UlvenDagoth

Hopefully the devs take a look at the ideas in this thread sometime; plenty of cool stuff.

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,146

I second what @NullSp3c said about the second idea: Legion should ultimately be a rush killer, not a sneak one. We already have Ghostface comparisons!

I propose that we take the same concept of Mob Mentality but instead the member seizes and holds the survivor in place for the player to stab. Every player in the map gets a scream notification, the killer sees the aura too. The grasp is inescapable except through other flashlight or cracker saves, if the survivor has a cracker themselves, or if the survivor “wiggles” like normal and claws at their hand or elbows them in the face - this would disable the trap, I think this would be more in line with Legion, it’s lore friendly, and probably won’t require as much code spaghetti as making accurate ai.

• GodNapGodNap Member Posts: 50

Yes i mean a rework still with the frenzy (Like freddy still has the dream world)

Very interesting take on the Mob Mentality Idea! I'd love either one!

Ohhh i get ya now!

I wish i knew how to get one in here... and that they'd comment on the idea

• LegionMain343LegionMain343 Member Posts: 34

I think the first idea is good. And the second idea is cool too, but it'd be too op. If it were to kill a survivor/put in dying state, it would be more annoying I'd believe. It should at least put em in deep wound. Even then it would be op. So first idea's better, and while 2nd is cool, it'd be too op. Sorry Legion bro :(

EDIT! I crossed out the 2nd idea since most seem to not like it or think it's OP! The Legion has spoken!

I also remembered to credit @Kabu For there ideas on the first post! Sorry about that!

That's okay! I need the feed back to keep this thread alive and the ideas flowing!

I like the idea of having traps for Legion since it works with the playstyle. Legion is an information killer, and must act on it quickly. Setting up ambushes makes sense with their lore anyway, so I'm surprised it wasn't there...

I would advise instead of just disappearing in smoke, that they attack then run away behind cover before vanishing. That way it feels like there is more than one killer is in the map at once. It'd require a bit of coding on the Dev's part, but I think this suggestion would give Legion a non frustrating element to them.

Oh, and maybe they chase after the survivor that triggers the trap until they get hit or they miss. That'd be cool too.

A bit of an add on from my fellow Legion main @Raven014

I know! It's a really good take on it! I really hope the Devs see and comment on all this!

Daily bump so the Devs might see this! I refuse to let it die

I do too! im trying to think up even more ideas too keep it going!

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 713

Be careful about bumping threads. It's in the forum rules.

• phantasmalphantasmal Member Posts: 125

Some of them most definitely seen it but they def won't comment for multiple reasons.

• If they comment on one thing then people would rightfully expect them to comment on everything, which is obviously an unrealistic expectation, noone has that much time.
    • The opinion of one dev does not reflect everyone's feelings on the matter.
    • They also prob don't want to influence our thought process too much

I certainly understand your feeling, uncertainty and apparent lack of care sucks but that's just how things are.

And I def share your excitement about the whole Mob Mentality thing, I have this mental image of being able to order a Legion member to take cover around the corner, like how Haytham is standing here: https://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-3/a/a6/Assassins_Creed_3.Screenshot.29.jpg

And that'd be so cool.