We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!
Patch Notes 3.3.0 | PTB
This discussion has a more recent version.
FEATURES & CONTENT
- Feature - Integrated an updated version of the Unreal Engine (4.22, from 4.21.1).
- Feature - The Archives (Read the Blog Post for more details).
- Content - Tome: Provides Challenges to players to complete for Bloodpoints, Rift Fragments, and lore Entries (stored in the Collection sub-menu).
- Content - The Rift: New time-limited reward system.
- Content - A new UI element is now available at the right of the lobby menu and tally screen to provide feedback regarding The Archives.
- Content - New Currency: Rift Fragments. Used to progress through Tiers in an available Rift in The Archives.
- Content - New cosmetic type: Charms. Maximum of three (3) attach to a Survivor’s waist, or on a Killer’s hook in the environment. Customization UI has been updated to reflect this.
- Updated certain Killer powers with the Undetectable status effect: The Shape in Tier I of Evil Within, The Pig while in crouch mode, The Wraith while Cloaked, The Ghost Face while in Night Shroud.
- Added a new Survivor score event for wiggling in the Killer's grasp. 25 Bloodpoints per second.
- Added a new Survivor score event for dropping a pallet while in a chase. 200 Bloodpoints.
- Added a new Survivor score event for fast vaulting while in a chase. 100 Bloodpoints.
- Added a new Survivor score event when other Survivors in the trial disconnect. 600 Bloodpoints.
- Updated the icon style for cosmetic items rarities.
- Updated the Auric Cells and Iridescent Shards background colors from yellow/blue to orange/indigo respectively.
- Added a perk indicator in the HUD when affected by the Babysitter perk.
- Camping Aid Kit: Increased the speed at which you heal others from +15% to +25%.
- First Aid Kit: Increased the speed at which you heal others from +25% to +35%.
- Emergency Med-Kit: Reduced charges from 24 to 16. Increased the speed at which you heal others from +35% to +50%. Replace item efficiency with increased self-heal speeds at +50%.
- Ranger Med-Kit: Increased the speed at which you heal others from +25% to +50%.
- All Hallow's Eve Lunchbox: Increased the speed at which you heal others from +15% to +35%.
Med-kit add-on changes
- Rubber Gloves: Great skill checks grant 3% bonus progress.
- Sponge: Great skill checks grant 5% bonus progress.
- Needle & Thread: Skill check chance increased from +3% to +10%. 100% bonus Bloodpoints for succeeding Great skill checks.
- Surgical Suture: Skill check chance increased from +5% to +15%. 150% bonus Bloodpoints for succeeding Great skill checks.
- Styptic Agent: Applies the Endurance status effect for 15 seconds on use. Use with secondary action. Depletes Med-Kit on use.
- Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe: Heals Survivor passively over 8 seconds. Time is modified by perks and add-ons that affect healing speeds. The effect is cancelled if the Survivor changes health state or picked up. Depletes Med-kit on use.
The Nurse changes
- Rather than regaining all her blink charges immediately after finishing her fatigue animation, The Nurse now regains 1 blink charge every 3 seconds, starting at the beginning of the fatigue animation. The time can be modified by add-ons.
- The Nurse will begin her reappearance approximately 0.3 seconds earlier. This is a visual-only change to ensure that survivors are not blocked or hit by a killer they cannot see.
The Nurse add-on changes
- White Nit Comb: Decreases the length of blink attack lunges by 50% (0.15 seconds). Increases blood point rewards for blink attack score events by 100%.
- Metal Spoon: Hitting a Survivor with a blink attack causes their sounds of pain to be moderately louder for 60 seconds.
- Wooden Horse: Reduces extra fatigue from missed blink attacks by 50% (0.5 seconds).
- Plaid Flannel: Rarity changed from Very Rare to Common. The blink indicator placement has been improved, and will now stay visible until the Nurse has reached her destination (it was previously not visible while blinking).
- Dull Bracelet: Decreases maximum blink distance by 20% (4 meters). Increases Blood point rewards for precise blink score events by 100%.
- Bad Man Keepsake: Rarity changed from Common to Uncommon. Hitting a Survivor with a blink attack causes their aura to be revealed when healing or being healed within a 28 meter range for 60 seconds.
- Catatonic Boy's Treasure: Reduces extra fatigue from chain blinks by 100% (0.5 seconds).
- Dark Cincture: Decreases blink recharge time by 20% (0.6 seconds).
- Pocket Watch: Increases the duration of the chain blink window by 13% (0.2 seconds).
- Anxious Gasp: Blinking past a survivor causes them to scream and awards 200 blood points in the devious category for terrifying them.
- Spasmodic Breath: Hitting a survivor with a successful blink attack disables the ability to blink and increases The Nurse's base movement speed to 4.6 m/s for 60 seconds.
- Ataxic Respiration: Reduces base blink fatigue duration by 12.5% (0.25 seconds).
- Fragile Wheeze: Decreases blink recharge time by 30% (0.9 seconds).
- Heavy Panting: Increases maximum blink range by 20% (4 meters) and increases maximum blink charge time by 20% (0.4 seconds).
- "Bad Man's" Last Breath: Hitting a survivor with a successful blink attack grants The Nurse the Undetectable status for 16 seconds.This effect may be only triggered once every 60 seconds.
- Campbell's Last Breath: After reappearing from a fully charged blink, The Nurse immediately blinks at half charge in the direction she is currently facing.
- Kavanagh's Last Breath: Increases maximum blink range by 30% (6 meters) and increases maximum blink charge time by 30% (0.6 seconds).
- Jenner's Last Breath: After blinking, allows the Nurse to immediately blink back to her original position by pressing the Secondary Power Button. Requires a blink charge and must be triggered during the chain blink window.
- Matchbox: Rarity changed from Common to Ultra Rare. Removes 1 blink charge. Increases base movement speed to 4.2 m/s.
- Torn Bookmark: Rarity changed from Common to Ultra Rare. Adds 1 blink charge. The Nurse can no longer blink to locations not in her line of sight.
Survivor perk changes
- Detective's Hunch: Now triggers from any generator completion instead of only generators completed by the perk owner. Increased aura reading duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Plunderer's Instinct: Removed the slightly and moderately stipulation from tier I and II respectively. Only unopened chest auras and items dropped on the ground will be revealed to the perk owner. Aura reading range does not change.
- Mettle of Man: Made it so the perk can be activated and triggered more than once.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Plague's Corrupt Purge to apply the contagious effect on interactables.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Pig's Trap Set score event to trigger at the end of the set trap animation instead of at the beginning.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare's Dream Snares not to be visible on specific areas of the main house tile in the Mother's Dwelling map.
- Fixed an issue that caused invisible collision blocking player movement when going up the left side of the stairs of the main house in the Mother's Dwelling map.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to float at the top of staircases in the temple building of the Temple of Purgation map.
- Fixed an issue that caused visible ground seams on multiple tiles in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed a few instances that allowed Survivors to walk on top of certain chests in the Family Residence map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision when falling off a specific part of the hill in the Father Campbell's Chapel map.
- Fixed an issue that caused visible ground seams on multiple tiles in the Father Campbell's Chapel map.
- Fixed an issue that caused visible ground seams inside the Gas Station in the Gas Heaven map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the interior of the crashed bus to appear too bright in the Autohaven Wreckers maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision blocking player movement near the hook in the silo in the Torment Creek map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision blocking player movement on the basement stairs when the basement spawned in the barn of the Fractured Cowshed map.
- Fixed an issue that caused an invisible collision blocking player movement on the fish net side of the stairs leading to the small cabin in the Grim Pantry map.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Killers to walk on top of a rock asset in the Backwater Swamp maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused the bookshelves in the Preschool basement to be missing textures in the Springwood maps.
- Fixed an issue that caused a floating crow in a hallway in the Treatment Theatre map.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to partially hide in a wall outside of the torture room in The Game map.
- Fixed an issue that caused Killer projectiles to pass through cages with blue tarps on them in the lab rooms of The Underground Complex map.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Plague's vomit to go through the exit gates in The Underground Complex map.
- Fixed an issue that caused items to clip through the vines on one of the lab tiles near the Rift room in The Underground Complex map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Killer to become stuck between a hooked Survivor and the vaultable staircase asset after vaulting the stairs in The Underground Complex map.
- Fixed an issue that caused the exit gate panel pieces not to be connected.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to see out of world through a specific part of the basement ceiling.
- Misc LOD fixes and improvements.
- Fixed an issue that caused the skill check grace period not to adjust to the audio delay on Hex: Huntress Lullaby skill checks, allowing players to cancel the skill checks after they appeared.
- Fixed an issue that caused no VFX or SFX if a Survivor got a good skill check and let go of the repair interaction at the same time with Hex: Ruin active.
- Fixed an issue that caused the locker doors animation to be out of sync with the Killers locker search animation when using the Iron Maiden perk.
- Fixed an issue that caused Dance With Me to show Survivor scratch marks when the Survivor rushed out of a locker.
- Adjusted the size of the pallet zone collision box, that should fix the issue where Killers could become stuck under certain conditions.
- Added a reverse bear trap to The Pig's idle animation in the offline Killer lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Dream World lighting between The Nightmare and Survivors not to match when changing the graphic settings to Low or Medium prior to the match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the tally screen not to transition properly is the player left the match during the camera intro pan.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a Survivor to get stuck in the jumping through hatch animation when the Killer hit them as they opened it with a key.
- Fixed an issue that caused other players not to see the failed skill check animation being performed when the Survivor released the interaction button during the skill check.
- Fixed an issue that caused The Demogorgon's feet not to animate from its point of view when picking up and carrying a Survivor.
- Fixed an issue that caused a ground seam in the first part of the Survivor Tutorial.
- Misc cosmetic clipping and improvements.
Audio & Localization
- Misc audio improvements.
- Minor localization translation and improvements.
UI & HUD
- Fixed an issue that made it possible for clients to leave the lobby during the Offering burn screen.
- Adjusted the players usernames to prevent overlapping from the Killers point of view in the online lobby.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to continue rotating their characters without holding the button to rotate.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to use the arrows to switch characters when the game was running in an ultra wide resolution.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Store button to become grayed out after a public match.
- Fixed an issue that caused the controller bumper prompts to have uneven spacing in the Game Manual sections of the Tutorials.
- Fixed an issue that caused the fade out between Killer and Survivor select in the Store to be offset.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Daily Rituals button to disappear when switching to a Spectator in a Custom Game.
- Fixed an issue that caused no indication in the tooltip informing the players the progress that was made towards the Lightbringer emblem for opening exit gates.
- Misc UI improvements.
- Sometimes players are unable to move when loading into the trial.
- Chases are not triggered or maintained while Killers are under the Undetectable status effect.
- Terror Radius can affect players outside of the maximum range. Please report cases of this issue, providing information regarding players Loadouts, including the Killer.
- When Tinkerer activates Survivors hear chase music as if the Killer were right next to them.
- The Trapper is sometimes unable to pick up traps.
- Desync between clients and host regarding the hatch state.
- The Demogorgon's add-ons appear in certain Killers Bloodwebs.
- All lights in The Underground Complex map are flickering.
- Sometimes finishing a Custom Game will kick the host out of the lobby.
- Survivors may get stuck on an infinite loading screen after leaving the tally screen in a Custom Game.
- Placeholder text for the Survivor disconnect score event.
- The stairs in the Thompson House building are not aligned.
- Dwight's Campus Sunnies head customization is missing shades.
- Survivors do not scream when pulled out of a locker.
KNOWN ISSUES - Archives
- Level 2 Quest Consume Med-Kit cannot be completed.
- Dark Triumph challenge does not gain progress when a Survivor dies from a RBT during the End Game Collapse.
- The Hold The Door Quest on level 4 has a placeholder description.
- Framerate drops when switching Levels in the Tome.
- Placeholder name appears first time entering the Archives.
- Placeholder text for the Rift Fragments tooltip.
- Missing icon in The Game Manual for the Archives
- Some Charms don't dissolve properly when zooming in/out.
- New Levels in The Archives will be inaccessible if their release occurred during a player's session and the player has already reached the end of the most recent Level. Please relaunch the client if this occurs.