The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

archives system - potential problem

I'm not entirely sure if i'm reading this system correctly but doesnt this just promote focused (tunnel) vision for survivors AND killers doing a particular quest. Let's say the first quest is to repair 2 gens. You're done with it in one match and you think: well let's just afk for the rest or just let me kill myself on the hook. I'm concerned this behavior will be common once every one is on a specific quest and abandon the team once they're done.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• HattyHatty Member Posts: 76

why would you even do that

it's like playing the game but at the same time not

it's so stupid lmao

• HattyHatty Member Posts: 76

Read again your post

The "well let's just afk for the rest or just let me kill myself on the hook"

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 771

When you finally finish all the challenges in the Archives...

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 2,229

Well considering you get which fragments with the XP you get in a match it's always a safer bet you just play out the match whether it's a challenge failure or not.

You complete your challenge you stay in the end complete the match properly so you can get all the XP for that match

You fail the challenge you're still going to get XP for the match is going to earn you a fragment.

Granted the only challenges I actually have any problem with is the one that right on you waiting for situations to happen.

Some require you to put investment in for example the end game sacrifices with no one escapes death. Running a build with no one escapes death blood warden and maybe even remember me would help.

However challenges like get two flashlight blinds in a match is ridiculous maybe you might get one but after the first one there's no way killer is going to willingly let you get a second flashlight blind.

Or 4 sacrifices in the basement in one trial.

The worst case scenario is that I see this turning into massive farm sessions.

Survivors let the trapper trap them five times and trapper let's them get their two flashlight blinds

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited October 2019

I personally see the massive farming sessions starting with higher ranked players and when people get higher in the Rift.

Those higher level Rift challenges will be extremely hard in the higher ranks.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 1,948

Yeah, two flashlight saves in one match challenge is ridiculous. Most killers will never let you get one; they certainly won't let you get a second. It would take farming with the killer to complete that challenge.

I'm pretty much against any challenge that has to be completed in one trial. Those aren't about skill, those are about others allowing you to achieve it. Multiple sacrifices in the basement? The survivors have to allow the killer to achieve that; any one of them disconnects, and the match is a bust.

• PureHostilityPureHostility Member Posts: 232

That's why "hard" challenges should have the grindy way and the "skillful" (being lucky AF) way.

As an example, lets use that 2 flashlights in a single match.

How about You do 2 flashlight rescues in a single match OR a total of 10 flashlight rescues.

This way a challenge is doable in a quick way with a possibility to finish it in a single game or in a slow, grindy way of doing 10 rescues over multiple games.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 1,948

I'm down with that.

Although, I'd really like flashlight rescues to be taken out entirely. I'm not a good killer, and even I can't remember the last time someone got a flashlight rescue off on me. They're easy to avoid. But otherwise, yes, I like having an option to do challenges either with grinding or with luck.

• HellCatJaneHellCatJane Member Posts: 621

Lets look back at history.... When survivors had the event goal of obtaining serum thru the viles, once they were done, they just went to the killer and suicided on hook.... (they had to fix that, as it was so bad). You'd think, well thats a "stupid" way to have fun... But they still did it. People were more concerned with their own goals than making an enjoyable gaming experience for others.

These new challenges, can end up being similar. People that want to do the challenges and fast, have the potential of throwing games etc. It's possible that the entire gameplay experience, will be unfun and ruined even.

But Hey! We get some cosmetics? That makes everything okay, right? Who cares if I don't actually enjoy the game, at least I look good! strut Kappa

• Azgard12Azgard12 Member Posts: 147

I think you are somewhat correct... but I think it is that the challenges will form metas. Look for killers during the end of this first rift to be super into basements and survivors to be super into staying away from basements, for example.

And cleansing hexes non-stop to block NoED...