We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Early Nurse impressions

So I've played a few matches of survivor against her. I also played her twice, but I suck so badly with her so I can't really gain valuable information by playing her. I've also watched others play her already.

Honestly, from what I've seen though, she seems pretty fine. Still strong but not op with barely counterplay. And I am happy with that. Survivor players need to be taken into account as well. One thing I've noticed is that if you swing as Nurse after blinking, your recharge already starts at the beginning of the swing, so when the fatigue ends, you have to wait like about one second before you've got your two blinks back. I really don't see how these extremely short recharge times for her blinks are supposed to ruin her. It simply allows survivors to have more time to break line of sight and actually have some counterplay.

I feel like maybe she will need one small change before she hits live. Either her recharge time could be reduced to 2.5 seconds per blink, so survivors can't gain quite as much distance on Nurse after she double blinks. Or, and I think I would prefer this, now that her blinks have a small recharge time, buff her movement speed from 96.25% to 100%.

Comments

• PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 389

Or do the simpler thing. Remove this new mechanic in it's entirety and just increase her fatigue stun.

• mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 767

Or dont change her and make her attacks in blink not count as generic attacks (noed etc.), make her having a 1 second longer stun after hitting someone while blinking, so survivors can get away and adjust the addons like they did now.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,632

Might work, but I prefer the cooldown. The difference is you can still see where the survivor is running at, but the survivor has a longer chance to get behind some object to break line of sight, which is the only way to counter Nurse.

• empathempath Member Posts: 35

The cooldown is where theyre messing up. Its where they cross the line and turn her into a shittier killer. Everyone with a brain knows her base power doesnt need to be touched.

• MacmillanMacmillan Member Posts: 63

leave the base power as it always was, just change the add-ons.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,632

Has nothing to do with having a brain or not. I just think it's great that the devs are allowing survivors to have a bit more time to break LOS and actually get some counterplay. Her blinks are still the same, and waiting a few seconds won't make them in any way worse, it'll just give survivors a bit more time to get in a position where they actually have counterplay.

I do think Nurse will still have the potential to be one of the best killers in the game.