Nintendo Switch™ players: Instability issues prevented us from releasing the mid-chapter update and The Archives. Good news! We are working towards launching the update sometime next week.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Feedback | Dedicated servers live test

Comments

• katerbaterkaterbater Member Posts: 12
    edited October 18

Windows and pallets are worse than before. This kind of thing happens every game (on GOOD ping) https://youtu.be/ODKdnLrLNHQ

• then4321then4321 Member Posts: 58

The North American Oregon servers feel pretty good on both killer and survivor side, I live close by them.

My only issue is the queue wait time. To be killer, it's usually pretty good, but sometimes it can get up to around 8 minutes. To be survivor, on the other hand, regardless of the time of day or night, it's always 6-15 minutes. My only guess is we have a shortage of killers on our server.

Could you look into some sort of cross server connection to get a wider selection of players?

• NootOwlNootOwl Member Posts: 2

Nurse is really buggy in the dedicated server, desync is really big

• JudgeReddsJudgeRedds Member Posts: 4

on "30 ping" dedicated servers i have also run into bad desync with the server where killers are getting hits on hit boxes that are way behind myself. I juked a billy 3 outta 5 chainsaws and both times he hit me I juked and was 4 - 5 meters to their right /left and on my screen he just went forward and didn't turn into me. Then I have had the windows and pallets where killer was way far off getting hits after pallets have dropped and their weapon bounces off the pallet. Even my client is getting mixed messages as to what the heck is going on. Devs either fix the desync problem alot of people are having including streamers or let us choose to play dedicated servers or p2p matches. Pretty much the current state they are in they are gonna kill the pc community. I for one am growing pretty tired of the frustration of a 30 ping lobby having desync issues like 150-200 ping games.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 1,544

Nurse still sucks to play. Rubber band after every blink. Unable to short blink through simple objects like pallets without having to overcharge. This is with green ping.

Breaking gens and pallets shake your camera and sometimes stops the animation and have to wait for the chargebar to finish.

This round of testing needs to stop. Fix some of the reported bugs and release a hotfix. Then we can test again.

• redjasperredjasper Member Posts: 66
    edited October 19

I guess I'm not the first, but I'll add that I keep getting hit through pallets long after I already drop it. Same thing goes with windows.

• KeeperReaperKeeperReaper Member Posts: 14
    edited October 19

Ghostface stalking doesn't properly work in most situations even when the survivor is clearly visible, as an example:

Hopefully can be ironed out to be as it used to be.

• manzarimanzari Member Posts: 8

I can't do that as I use my phone's internet with hotspot.

• KillviverKillviver Member Posts: 12

The servers showed to be a very bad idea. You will never have the same results like ptp. Desync is a huge problem and game breaking. For Feedback here is my list of issues, sadly i am not able to make videos for you to show how bad it really is, while i usually have 50 ms ping(central germany):

Survivor side:

1. Vaulting or using a pallet and get hit a second later
    2. Using Dead Heart and still get hit
    3. Killer isnt at the position you see him

Killer side(much worse and unplayable since there is much more player interaction):

1. Your screen is full of survivor buy you miss
    2. Survivor seems to run against an obstacle and you swing into nothing while he appears serveral meters away
    3. Survivors move sometimes like they are hold by rubberbands or straight blinking over the screen
    4. Starting Grapanimation just to get cancelled out of it after a second while your victim teleports speed away
    5. Sometimes survivors seems to be too fast, like they have perma haste.
    6. You passed the pallet and hit, just to get thrown back into a stun on the other side without hitting
    7. Sometimes scratched didnt seem to appear or appear to late

-> Because of the jerky movement of survivors, it is extremly hard to hold track when they are close

I think you had the best wishes for the servers, butz i can promise they will never work as intended. Many fps games suffer from desync which is especially a problem on close encounters, and dbd is a game of close encounters. When you first start the game im pretty sure that you didnt choose peer to peer just because of cost, since it will always have the best results for this kind of game. Please remember that, i am not ready to lose dbd yet :(

Greetz

• antgnsteaantgnstea Member Posts: 474

Currently, lobby waiting is way too long for both sides. The more people play at the same time the longer I wait for a single match. And the latency problems increase, even though ping seems same.

• bluesnd63bluesnd63 Member Posts: 1

Dedicated servers are pretty much unplayable. Tiering up with Myers is so broken you can be stalking a survivor right in front of your face for like 30 seconds and it won't register that you are stalking. Everything is so choppy, hit boxes are god awful. Just turn off the dedicated servers you are ruining your game that used to be so much fun to play.

• HughJanusHughJanus Member Posts: 6

Hello? Bhvr? Are we ever gonna get any information as to what is going on with this? The servers are [BAD WORD]. This feedback thread is more than enough proof. I mean, you could alternatively try to play your own game sometime and see how bad they really are. TURN THEM OFF FOR [BAD WORD] SAKE! Either let me opt out of these [BAD WORD] ass servers, or do the tests on PTB, where they [BAD WORD] belong.

• prrrrrrrrrrxprrrrrrrrrrx Member Posts: 4

How long will you test the dedicated servers?

40ms ping every game and it is just bad. Hitboxes out of this world, teleporting killers etc. every 2nd game. At least show a ping indicator for everyone to see, so it would be possible to figure out if it is a server problem or a "wow, this guy has 300ms ping, no wonder this feels so bad"-problem. Implementing 4 additional ping indicators would help.

Dedicated servers made it impossible to doge people with terrible connection.

Just a sidenote: I play dbd since middle of 2017. Two times I thought about stopping to play this game. The 2.6. build with the constant 3v1s and since the dedicated servers are live. I love this game and I think you are amazing devs, but dear BHVR: this is outright terrible.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 934
    edited October 21

I second this. A ping indicator (both in lobby and ingame) for every player connected like in litterally every other online game nowadays would be nice.

• SpankyPieSpankyPie Member Posts: 3
    edited October 22

Killer should not be forced into lobbies with over 150 ping. 100 ping is hard enough to play, but when it reaches 200, most killers are a pain to play with.

Also, I haven't had a green ping lobby in 2 days as both killer and survivor. This is in Asia region. Did you turn off some servers? Or what else is happening?

• HughJanusHughJanus Member Posts: 6

I guess it's time to start spamming all the other places the devs can be found, cuz they sure as [BAD WORD] ain't here!

• darthbabymakerdarthbabymaker Member Posts: 7

I'm so tired of getting the pallet stun and getting hit a second afterward. Or jumping through a window and getting hit 3 steps later. Please fix this trash. I love the game but its getting unplayable. stop putting out new stuff and fix the stuff we have now

• ZertixZertix Member Posts: 121

One of the main benefits of Dedicated Servers was supposed to be “your connection only affects you” but this is not the case right now. With dedicated servers, it seems like the killer still has the highest authority and final say when it comes to hit registration, but it is worse than P2P since you can’t dodge killers with bad connection.

Survivor queue times skyrocketed from being instant to 5 minutes on average recently. It seems like there is a regional lock that prevents from connecting to the nearest data center which is in Europe. I am forced to play on the East Asian server (Singapore) which is on a completely different time zone and on the other side of the continent. I used to get much better ping and instant queue times when I was able to connect to Frankfurt and London data centers. 

It also doesn’t help that there is a rank disparity between me and my teammates. I really hope that the matchmaking gets fixed as soon as possible because it is making me consider taking a break for the first time ever.

• DeadonkillzDeadonkillz Member Posts: 39

The survivor Queue time is insane , there is much less killers as players prefer to play survivor. As the game is designed to have killer play with 0 ms previously , now its unbearable. I cant play Nurse at all , with 100+ ms on closest server. What is going on , the devs have killed the game for me. Showing no signs of communication , so out of touch with its base.

once upon a time , every single week we would have Q&A. now we dont get one for months , and the lack of communication increases by every day.

• Just_PlayingJust_Playing Member Posts: 146

Can you pls give up the servers or atleast fixing the isuess. As killer and surviver it gets really annoying. Hits that should connect, micro lags, Hits that shouldn't connect, etc. It is horrible. Pls stop with the servers or atleast take you time and fix the bugs.

• pacster15pacster15 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 24

I don't have any ping issues oddly, but it literally takes so long to get a game as killer(8-15 minutes). but when I play survivor I get a match so fast(3-6 minutes).

• TzunnyTzunny Member Posts: 8

The ignorance from this developers is more toxic than the community itself !

• Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 722

Unplayable BILLY with the power bar its so random OMG...

• Maser3Maser3 Member Posts: 1

When entering the game.

Fall off very often.

Really played until the end------>Few rounds.

• ShiShi Member Posts: 6

give up server please.

• EbisekEbisek Member Posts: 55

Last update = THE WORST

Billy hit me and then hit animation starts? REALLY?????

Finally middle eastern servers , feels much better and better response. However , many middle eastern players stopped playing before this was a thing. I hope an announcement is made regarding this new server so we get much more players back into the game.

the far away dedicated servers were really bad , that this announcement will help a lot in retaining players.

Also people from UAE , they need to tweak the proxy setting to be able to play the game and fix the " save error " from happening.

an update:

after 3 hours of playing , the Middle eastern server have solved everything. The killer power issues all feel really good.

also queue time now is better , takes 2-3 mins as a killer and so is a survivor.

i hope those servers stay up , they are actually much better than P2P with low ping.

• antgnsteaantgnstea Member Posts: 474

Where is this Middle East server announcement? I couldn't see.

edited October 31

they haven't announced it , but it is up. The current server is 50-55 ms for me from UAE. ( it might be india , as we have low ping with AWS india as well ).

Update:

it is disabled again :/

Post edited by Deadonkillz on