The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

People who never played high rank, base Nurse

2»

Comments

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 80

Well coordinated survivors are strong enough already. However this is true for most killers that you are most likely not gonna get a 4k against a team that is so well coordinated.

Where are killer mains setting the bar for what's good and what isn't? Is the capability to get a 4k? Old nurse was able to do that nearly every game played.

I take Legion to red ranks all the time. I get 4ks all the time as well. Does this mean Legion strong? Because you have people here saying that "would you take Legion to red ranks? Heck no". I don't understand where that's coming from good sir... that is Legionist.

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 345

Skilled nurses will. Not the caliber of nurses all crying in the forums though, that's for sure. They will surely struggle.

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 965

Old Nurse was a good killer in the wrong game.

She ignored the main mechanics of chase and once you got her down, you usually always lost.

This nerf for her was totally justified. She’s still extremely strong even after the changes.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 2,173

You won't get through players that DC against her or never learned how to run a Nurse. The notion you are a rank 1 survivor that likes facing Nurses is lost. Any Nurse not 4k or 3k/hatch is somehow bad and has nothing to do with how the survivors played won't understand the point you are making.

We can all agree on one thing here. Her addons needed work. I personally don't care if they were all point farm jokes or just plain bad.

The current state is simple. After a two blink swing (3.5s fatigue) it takes 4 fully charged blinks to catch up to a survivor running in a straight line. No mind game, no running for LoS blockers, just running straight.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 282

You mean skilled survivors will have an even easier time now. No need for survivors to struggle against nurse now, just run in a straight line and press E if you make a mistake while nurse makes no mistakes but still waits helplessly to use her power again while you run away.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 603

I like how you Keep spamming that, those 4 potatoes are simply not good survivors. You can spam this Video as much as you want but damn they are so horrible. No Video of true this time where one Person kills himself on the first hook after 2min into the game and another is so bad he doesn't even know how to throw pallets correclty?

I think what most of you totally ignore is the fact that Nurse reappears way sooner than before and that also makes it so much easier to juke her. Sorry survivors being bad doesn't justify nerfs.

It really annoys the hell out of me that you People try to abuse balance discussion for easy wins. it simply takes the fun out of the game from a Survivor Point of View. I want to have at least some Kind of challenge. Keep base Nurse as is.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 2,173

@Endstille

Idk why people use him as an example. The guy is average at killer at best.

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 454

Not like the gameplay footage is relevant, They have both the same opinion tho and I'm sure they have a bit of experience to say what they say.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,236

My argument was how painful was that for you? There was a reason Nurse was at high ranks.

(I've taken Legion to rank 2, but am not going to put myself through that again.)

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,503

Oh, i'm sorry. I got confused! I'm used to alot of people hating on Legion for no reason! But I have fun playing Legion, so It was fine for me win or lose.

Yeah, you should know I have nothing against legion, I'm just being realistic about their situation with those that care about ranking.

(BTW, what do you think of the new legion cosmetics coming soon?)

(They are so so good! I want the Frank one the most I think)

I would get julie's because I'm a julie main, but I'd at least get Frank's body cosmetics. Not a fan of the knives though, even if they are aztec obsidian sacrificial blades.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 3,347

what if her base movement speed was increased to 100% then?

that way, survivors wouldnt be able to gain additional distance while you recharge your blinks, but could reposition themselves.

this comes from a baby nurse, i have to admit that :(

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,785

I mean the extra distance survivors get from Nurse compared to before is very little. All that was changed is that she has to wait 3.5 seconds after fatigue until she can blink again. In that time survivors will at the most gain one extra meter distance to the Nurse.

I fail to see how Dead Hard will now buy her 45 seconds time if it was 15 seconds before. After 3.5 seconds she has her blink back, and she can get to you normally again. Unless of course those 3.5 seconds allows survivors just enough time to get out of range of her double blink. But I doubt that since they can't even gain a distance of 1 meter from her in that time.

If anything, I feel like the devs should just increase her base movement speed to 100% and she'll be fine. At the very most they could decrease her blink recharge time to 2.5 seconds and then weaken the addons that decrease the recharge of her blinks.

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 10

Yeah, if you aren't using comms for the game it doesn't really matter if you're grouped then right? We can just nix SWF. I mean you're all just sitting in Discord quietly enjoying the game. Not.

There are two types of SWF. Those who have mastered the game and the exploit of VOIP and those trying like hell to do so.

The killer has to play 4 on 1 while on the clock. The survivors do not. The survivors can take an hour to do gens if the situation warrants it. There is no luxury for killers to do the same.

Survivors have at minimum 16 perks. A killer 4. A fair scenario would be for each survivor to have 1. A fair balancing ideal would be for 1 survivor on average to survive, not 2.

The "power" of survivors is being able to attack on multiple fronts at the same time. Of course it's always left out of balancing discussions. What isn't fair is for each of the 4 survivors to be given enough power or the killer enough nerfs as to be able to 1v1 the killer to victory yet that seems to be the unending battle cry.

Hell, just look at the "balance" in map offerings. The survivors can run 4 of the same one, the killer 1. Guess who wins?

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,785

That's really not true. Just like killers are going against the clock because gens are getting done, survivors are going against the clock because the killer is hooking survivors until they are sacrificed.

Regarding perks, the scenario of every survivor only having 1 perk would only be fair if that perk affected every survivor. It is a 4 v 1 after all, and these perks are balanced around one of the 4 survivors running them.

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 10

The 4 have independent agency. They are not controlled by 1 mind. That is an advantage. The killer is only hooking and sacrificing survivors if they are found, caught, and downed. Gens don't hide or run loops.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 233

How is that not a problem? That’s the difference between the last gen getting done and 3-4 escaping, vs 3-4k. Do you play this game?

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 1,502

My solution to gen rush? Find the weakest link and tunnel him. He either DC's or he dies. Rinse and repeat.

• Nurse10Nurse10 Member Posts: 47

1; She is slow

2; She struggles to follow the survivor

3; his radius of terror is 32m..

4; we have removed his only way to retrieve a survivor..

5; the area to see its teleportation (addon) is useful.. again it is RARE to have this addon !

6; we cry because she teleports ... she against the infinite loop and it bores you! In the end it is the killers who become less and less able to succeed !

7; perks for survivors as "decisive blow", the hatch that opens with a key, the pocket lamps, the infinite loop .. the more the devloppers will go in this direction and the more the killers will stop the game or pass survivors....

After we are surprised why we have 5 minutes of waiting in the lobby or because the killers leave the game.

Personally I leave the party when the survivors are about to escape, or I try my relentless pursuit to have the survivor who loop to infinity, because too much things do not give me want to let win! Camping ? I do it without moderation! It's over to have some compasion, now I'm bored too !

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 449

sounds like another survivor who instead of LEARNING and GETTING BETTER AT THE GAME, they cry cry cry "nerf the killer!!!! omg so unfair I cant use the same tactics of looping against a M1 killer when I'm against a M2 killer, SO UNFAIR!!!!"

• Midori_21Midori_21 Member Posts: 41
    edited October 11

The nerf isn't even that bad. If you're accurate with your blinks the nerf won't even matter. She's still the strongest killer, you just have to be more accurate and strategic with your blinks.

I understand why so many people are upset. I don't think they should've touched her basekit either, but crying about it in the forums isn't going to do anything. The devs are still going to make it official, regardless of how many people are against it.

OH I DIDN'T REALIZE! Oh man! I really want them now!

You're forgetting that nurse needs her blinks to traverse the map, not just to catch survivors. She's very slow, so traveling without blinks is a massive waste of time.

Sounds like another nurse main who, instead of learning and getting better at the game, and adapting, instead cries "give me back my S+ rating on the Tier list."

I'm glad the devs are finally doing all these needed changes. Nurse, insta-heals, map reworks, hopefully moris and keys next! Exciting times, except for those used to overpowered and broken mechanics!

remember ghost face release? large outcry on the forums on how much of a joke he was, soon after he got changed majorly, if we don't give our feedback nothing will change

I don't really have a "main" I play a large assortment of killers, I just look at the game from the point of view of someone who plays BOTH KILLER AND SURVIVOR, basekit nurse WAS FINE the addons where NOT. they basically fixed something THAT WAS NOT BROKEN

I play every killer except hag (boring play style imo), doctor (meh) and nurse (used to, don't anymore, was too easy). The fact of the matter is nurse base kit was more consistent, and it can be argued better than any other killer even with addons (if we put aside prayer beads, one-shot hatchets). I know some people think that is where the killer base line should be. Buff everyone up to that level, right? Except that would kill the game 100 percent.

"basekit is fine" was only said so much because nurse mains tried to convince everyone it was true. Every other killer had to use addons against equally skilled, good players. Now nurse isn't the exception. That is a very good thing.