We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

To everyone who dislikes the Rift, this video might change your mind.

I feel like this video pretty much sums up how I feel about the rift, and why it’s definitely not a scam or cash grab as many people seem to believe.

Please watch the video to completion and then share what you think!

Tagged:

Comments

• MookywolfMookywolf Member Posts: 628

literally watching this video right now :P

• Theoretical_HeartTheoretical_Heart Member Posts: 397

But what if I like scams?

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 1,090

1k to unlock

For the lazy 100 to progress

Nah, there won't be people who would do that.

🤔

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 604

Is this sarcasm I honestly can’t tell lol.

If it is though, you should watch the video as this is one of the main points he addresses.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,368

People definitely will purchase all 70 levels of a Battle Pass without hesitation.

And why..? That's not a question I can answer.

@se05239

Honestly if someone has enough expendable income to waste $70 on a battlepass, that’s on them. Chances are those people are already buying the $100 auric cell packs currently in the game.

For the average consumer though the battlepass system is extremely friendly, and being able to buy the pass at any time and retroactively get the rewards is a huge deal.

edited October 13

Businesses require money to keep going. Not really hard to grasp. What happens if you stop paying your electric bill? Well the same thing happens to the folks at Behavior if they can't pay their bills or buy groceries.

If you want Dead by Daylight to keep being developed you need developers. And developers need money to live.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,134

Love and capitalism rarely meet, except in regards to the greed and money belonging to the criminally wealthy.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 172

Love this guy, 23min Video, not a single critical thought.

Are you going to work for free? If not, don't expect Behavior to. If yes, then enjoy being homeless.

edited October 13

They require Money? Oh no!

Thanks for the info, i think your Knowledge is quite limited. Not only do i have a Little bit over 100 employes in my Company but i also value share- / Stakeholder equally. I do not only run a Company that generates profit via enhancing lifequality of People that have disabilities. But there is much more to getting Revenue and making profits than only offering your products/Services on the market. I don't know if you figured that out yet but there are just so many possibilites what you can do with the money such as buyin shares of other companies, you know the good ones?

But enough of that, thanks for your enlightening insight about economics and Business. BHVR is close to about 600 employees so if you think you Need to buy a rift pass because that is some small indie company, you are wrong. In 2008 they made close to 30 Million in Profit, they have around 200million players on mobile.

Should a company do everything for Money? Absolutely not and that is why i am so concerned about f2p in paid games. On a sidenote, i have several living places and not all in just one country.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 6,733

Yeah seems pretty neato.

It doesn't matter one bit if their other products make money. If DBD doesn't make money then they'll stop making new content.

It's not hard concept to grasp. If your company had 2 products but one wasn't bringing in money, you'd drop it or it could sink your other product.

30 million is not a lot of money for Game Studio.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 1,010

It basically sums up how I feel about it, too. My only concern is some of the challenges seem a bit harder than I was expecting. I'd like it if they removed the stipulation that certain ones have to be completed in a single game. But they said they were monitoring things closely, so I'm sure if, when the archives came out, we discovered that the challenges were quite difficult to complete in practice and let them know that, I expect they would be open to making changes.

Overall, I'm excited!

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 79

Our culture's entire modern concept of love has been shaped by capitalism. To think otherwise is foolish, no offense. How do you find love? By going on interesting dates that cost one or both parties money. How do you express your commitment to loving your partner? By spending tens of thousands of dollars for a wedding. How to you then celebrate that love? By buying roses and anniversary presents with specific stipulations for milestones (25 yrs = silver, 50 yrs = gold.)

Of course not everyone has the financial means to fully participate in these rituals but they are the clear expectation of how you are supposed to express love in our capitalist society. Still think love and capitalism rarely meet?

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 3,036

I like lore, and the challenges gives me something to do... It may not increase the replay-ability long after I P3-50 all my Killers... But it'll give me more to do rather than a daily and even work towards the lore.

Maybe one day they'll increase the prestiges so we can have like... P5-30s or something like that... It would give me a lot more to do if they did. Cause once all your characters or for me Killers are done... than Idk what else to do.

Just because you own a business and "several living places" doesn't make you an expert on every industry. I'm willing to bet your industry has certain business practices that you fall in line with because that's how business is done.

It's so tiring to hear everyone vilifying BHVR for keeping pace with the practices of their industry. It's not like they're the ones that invented this model of revenue streams. The reason they're doing it is because the market supports it. If it's not popular and people don't buy it they're not going to continues the battle pass model. If you don't want to support it then don't buy it. But stop trying to act like you have some moral high ground here.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 2,564

Shameless name dropping now too!?

Have you no limits to how far you will sink! ^.~

This video did change my mind. But in the opposite direction. I was excited. I even bought the auric cells already in anticipation. But this video exposed how hard and frustrating the challenges will be. They look intentionally designed to make sure you fail at finishing the Rift. This broke my heart.

Behavior please make the challenges reasonable for average players and not luck based stuff like "grab 4 survivors"

You would lose that bet as that is what i am most proud of, treating my customers Right and that is what they do appreciate.

You want an example? CDPR.

Showed all the other triple AAA the finger with how they handled DLC, showed everybody you can make those games without any microtransactions. They don't stop when it Comes to their games but also their platform.

Sure i am not an expert on everything, but to act like f2p mechanics are inevitable because it is possible to do them is outright a lie.

I didn't say the battle pass was inevitable because it's possible. I said it's happening because the market supports the practice. And if it doesn't they won't continue the battle pass.

Also, you are saying that BHVR is treating their customers wrong because they are introducing an optional feature that includes free content so players aren't required to buy the battle pass? Ummm. . . Ok?

😂 I feel so dirty.... next thing you know I’m gonna start telling people to go subscribe to his channel.

So you think they should include lootboxes and premium accounts as well? The market supports those as well.

I am not saying that they treat their customers wrong but there have been anti consumer choices in the past, pls do remember of the ash-dlc and MoM. Iirc all people basicly said this was going to hurt the game, did they care? Just when probably enough people bought it they said okay let us balance that one. To me sounds like a bait and switch. They didn't care what it did to already weak Killer or how it did affect the game.

To the rift pass, I think there are enough Posts/threads on this Forum which do explain why f2p mechanics are very anti consumer. It is some Kind of a Grey area of Manipulatiing your customers and deceiving them. Until a few days ago people defended it with " you are going to get your Money back" which you don't. They obviously didn't understand the diffrence between ac and € or $.

Gameplay is not going to be affected by it. That is wrong too as you can see that there are already challenges like sacrifice 2 survivors with noed during EGC. If not for a challenge such as this I probably wouldn't run noed on any Killer but there you go. Farming people letting them get to the end only for that but w/e and that was just lvl 2, I really wonder what lvl 3 and 4 have in store for us. That is speculation, at least for me, since i switched back to live but yeah I almost smell the complains about the short amount of time and not being able to complete due to disconnects.

@HellCatJane

Thanks, I appreciate it. Several people you included, did make a lot of good Posts about the issue and it seems like even more people do not have an issue with it. I just would hate to be part of the "told you so".

You know what I Always hated about this community? Not Talking about everybody ofc but many people have this binary viewpoint, you either are a Killer or Survivormain. I feel like it is a small part that do actually Play both sides and this seems to be a General attitude. You either praise everything a Company does or you are a mindless hater. This can also be seen in the discussions about balance, somebody Shares an opinion, put time and effort into it and people drop a one liner on it.