Welcome to the Dead by Daylight forums! Please take a moment to read through the forum rules before posting: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I have encountered 0 nurses in all of my ~20 survivor matches on PTB

aerafieldaerafield Member Posts: 30
edited October 2019 in 3.3.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

Not saying Nurse is weak now but it seems like she is 0 fun to play as anymore with the new changes. I could imagine only the hardcore Nurse mains will still play her.

Maybe a better way to change her would be to make her more fun to play while keeping her strong?

I could imagine something like this:

• movement speed to 115%
  • fatigue no longer makes you look at the ground, decreased fatigue time
  • you can no longer blink through any objects (except with some ultra rare addon)
  • base blink remains 2, can go up to 4 with addons
Post edited by aerafield on

Comments

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 577

On PTB I played only Nurse matches to verify the new stuff. I love the 4.6 addon. >:)

• aerafieldaerafield Member Posts: 30

judging by your avatar I assume you are a Nurse player, so what is your opinion about the new Nurse?

Her 2 design issues in live version are -IMO- 1) her ability being overpowered and 2) the constant fatigue and looking on the ground being pretty boring to play.

And that didn't get adressed at all I think. The only thing that's gonna change is that bad Nurse players who heavily relied on 1-2 additional blinks are totally gonna get crippled by the changes... and now she feels even more annoying to play as. But good Nurses will still do very well with her.

So nothing will change except that we're gonna see less Nurses being played... she does already feel kinda rare since Spirit got introduced

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 577

It freaks Survivors out because they don't expect it. Once they know you have it, they're still not 100% sure when it wears out. Suddenly the 4.6 nurse blinks. Good mindgame potential there.

• OmegargonOmegargon Member Posts: 31

I'm pretty sure when people know what you're using the 4.6 add on then they will loop the hell out of you the next time they see you. Now with the recharge thing, Nurse veteran will still be fine while new players will even have more struggle to learn to play her

• KhroalthemadbomberKhroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 912

I'll be honest I see a lot of "Nurse Mains" posts. By that I mean there are Nurses that actually play Nurse and Nurses that do nothing but Omega Blink.

From what I've seen, the majority of people complaining about New Nurse are the ones that did nothing but Omega Blink and the ones that regularly did a variety of Nurse types have noted that there really isn't a big difference with her new base kit.

Either way I'm still a crappy Nurse player so take my outside looking in PoV with a grain of salt ^_^

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,017
    edited October 2019

You also have to take into account that her blink recharged is bugged. Swinging after a blink causes the recharge to begin before fatigue. This would make it seem the delay in blinking again is shorter than it really is.

• myers_obsessionmyers_obsession Member Posts: 253
    edited October 2019

I played 5 Matches Nurse today. Rank 4

• DevilDevil Member Posts: 11

Devs make this game in favor of survivors, they nerf nurse is too OP... but does not increase time to do gens, gen rush is balanced. OFC DEVS great job

• KaikenenureKaikenenure Member Posts: 7

i would call myself a "hardcore nurse" after playing her for 1,7k hours, close to 1,8k and the new nurse changes (base blinks, not the addons) are horrible, its not even a little fun to play her, she is not weak, but completely unfun to play as, the changes combined with dedicated servers will make me leave this game

• UxoricideUxoricide Member Posts: 209

it's a shame that they deliberately want to make her add on dependent.. there was nothing wrong with the base kit...

• empathempath Member Posts: 35

We dont need new ways to play nurse, or " fun addons" we need her base kit to stay the way it perfectly was and for the unbalanced op add ons like omega and 5 blink to be balanced. Please leave the base kit as it was, it hurts my soul that you guys would even touch such a perfectly designed killer.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 1,212

...Back on topic, this is probably due to the stealth killers all gaining Undetectable, compounded with Nurse being bugged.

I personally don't care for Nurse at all, so I would attempt to use Ghostface and see if he feels any different knowing that I can't be detected with auras while Shrouded.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 915

Nurse was the only thing keeping me from uninstalling the game too. Every day I try a different killer to have some fun but the survivors are always toxic and love 3 minute games so I switch to the one killer that can actually win and have fun with. Once that's gone so will I. Not worth playing this game with how toxic it is.

I agree it's not the win that makes it fun, but as soon as the killer doesn't have the power role to enforce that survivors start bullying and acting toxic, even in soloq. Nurse was a good example of how to make her counter-able and need a lot of skill to use, while also being rewarding and able to take on good survivors. We don't have enough of that.

(Yes you can use any killer at R1 and get a 4k but those are not consistent, against potatoes, or a mix of the 2.)

• NekooNekoo Member Posts: 133

As a rank 1 survivor, I doubt there's any mind game potential in this,

95 to 115 is a drastic different, too easy to notice,

once I see you move faster I already know what you doing, and use that as MY advantage,

loop you like any regular m1 killer.

only green rank would freak out.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 1,515
  • gorgono1gorgono1 Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2019

God Nurse here. Nurse is the reason I still play this game. After the changes it will be too stressful and not really worth it to play her.

The whole point of the Nurse is mind games. There are enough M1 killers if I want to play one.

So, my guess is that even the hardcore Nurse players like myself will be moving to something like the Spirit, less stressful, not as fun, but same effect.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,125

Who wants to play Nurse when she has that super-annoying blink-recharged noise that you hear over and over and over again all match?

Doesn't even matter if it's not the final audio; whatever they change it to will get annoying when you hear it constantly.

Yeah that's a pretty big downside to her kit now. I remember it driving me crazy on PTB. And despite hearing it constantly it didn't help me when I needed to know if I had it or not.

Yeah, actually. Some are good and actually know to change their gameplay up against a Nurse and loop very differently around walls and corners. If you face someone good enough you aren't going to be able to chase them you have to use prediction and luck, which are very easily dodged by a survivor.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 1,477

I played a lot of nurse for the first few days of the PTB, but as survivor I could only find 1 nurse. And she was a walking nurse that didn't break pallets. Once I figured that out, I let her spend the rest of the game figuring out that she can't mindgame the shack pallet.

She must've been using one of those fancy new ultra rare doodads that take away her blinks to give her a challenging and fun match!

/s

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 1,477

Yeah, she was actually doing fine until I realized that she wasn't breaking pallets. Had she started doing that that my team actually might have lost.