We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

game benefits killers too much?

dbizzledbizzle Member Posts: 21

i play a survivor and i feel as though the game benefits killers too much ill give a few examples

1. downing someone with one shot. they're down to the ground from a singular shot. ruins the fun for a survivor big time, basically just a killers game at that point,
  2. 2. cant recover on the ground without help. once you're down thats it. if someone else is down too you're finished,
  3. killer using offerings that overrides survivor offerings. for example my cat tingling sense offering is over ridden all the time and the killer is just there with no warning, if they have an offering that overrides it then its useless to a survivor
  4. warning music starts waayyy too late now.
  5. using weapons to kill not hooks. in my opinion this shouldn't be a part of the game, ruins the fun completely and destroys what the game is about , how can you survive if they just kill you on the spot giving no opportunity to be rescued?
  6. being able to see exactly where someone is on the map . ive had a killer put a survivor on a hook not even close to me and ive been in the basement already in a cupboard yet he comes all the way to the basement and to the exact cupboard, no offering should give a player that much advantage

and those are my examples .

Comments

• dbizzledbizzle Member Posts: 21

obviously i know something about the game im playing it

• Sasori_puppetSasori_puppet Member Posts: 250

depip squad say hi 🤪

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,621

All of these things are balanced in this game, except Moris of course. Killers with a one shot ability are balanced around that one shot potential. Take thataway and they become useless. It would also be terrible balance wise if survivors could always pick themselves up after downed.

And your last points, those are simply perks that give killer a helpful effect. The perk you described was probably Bbq and Chili. It's a good effect, but killers are giving up one of their four perks slots for that. And there are enough perks that are just as strong.

As a tip though, lockers block your aura so as long as you are in a locker, the killer will not have your aura revealed to them.

This game is honestly neither killer nor survivor sided. There are still a bunch of weak killers, but also strong ones and perhaps one or two op ones. In my opinion the only thing that you listed here that is indeed a problem are Moris.

edited October 12
  • UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,629

I mean, what can you say to it man? I didn't even really understand what they were saying. This isn't just a "You can only answer with relevant information" Forum. Look at all the posts on here and really ask yourself how much people even think before posting. You coming to me and calling me out is disrespectful to me. So how about you chill and NOT do that kinda thing?

Now, for your advice, it's solid for them and I'm glad you could make heads or tails of what they were talking.

SO, have fun in the Fog!

1.instadown example, one stab from ghost face

3 cat tingling offering , it lights up when a killer is near but sometimes it doesnt light up and the killer is just there

5 multiple characters can kill you on the ground with needing the hook

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,629

OH! that's a perk. You mean Spine Chill! That can't be countered as far as I know.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,388
    edited October 12

Actually there is no offering that interfered with spine chill and none that let's them know exactly where you are in the basement.

Myers can negate Spine Chill when he is T1, this is the only way to counter spine chill I think.

If you ran into the basement and ran into the locker this gives a notification to the killer.

Seems to me. You have a lot to learn.

• Dr_TrautsDr_Trauts Member Posts: 443

Quite the contrary really. The game 'benefits' ,as you put it, survivors too much. Always has and always will.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 379

"cat tingling sense", ok I'm done...😂

This whole post is clearly made by someone who is new and needs to play both sides before making a judgement.

• HellCatJaneHellCatJane Member Posts: 458

Also, regarding BBQ killer perk and lockers. You have to go into the locker before he throws them on the hook. As soon as the killer puts someone on hook the auras will show for a few seconds time, and if you are in a locker before then he can't see you. However if you go into the locker during that he can most likely see you, if he is facing his screen at you.

And if you fast vault/fast actions into things they get a notification on where you could be. Bitter murmur also will show survivors when a generator is finished, but only around that gen. There's a few aura type related perks.

For spine chill/cat tingle to light up it should light when a killer is near and also looking in your direction. With the patch coming (not out yet I dont think?), I think myers will now show up even in T1.

Feels like its kind of the elephant in the room, discussing it. Frankly, Killer Q's take forever to get into a lobby. A lot more people play killer because it is easier. You can see this during events especially, at least I do. You can do barely anything and get the tons of blood points. You can even play "scummy" and get pips like candy.

The issue is there is always going to be "survivor" vs "killer" mentality on the forums, as in you are WITH us or AGAINST us. So, this post will most likely just be viewed as a "entitled" survivor main! So, sorry about that.

Hopefully to those that disagree, (as in they think that survivors benefit more or something.) Can actually answer your questions and discuss why they themselves feel that way. And help you out with knowledge, vs just saying "GIT GUD"... <- (Well how?) And then they may realize they can change your mind from an insightful, logical manner, maybe.

And as for killer vs survivor. The game tries hard to make a balance with everything. It isn't 100% perfect, but things do change... eventually. There are tips and strategies to try to counter things. As well as perks. So, you may not like something or be annoyed with something, like lets say being found out through your aura. There is a perk called "Distortion" from the survivor Jeff. That will block your aura for 3 tokens/times. (The perk can sometimes be found in the shrine, if you do not have the character etc.) So, if they are using BBQ you will be hidden for 3 hook times. But to be honestly I don't think this perk is necessary, I was only using it as an example of ways to counter stuff in game. Sometimes actually being seen is better. Especially if you are far across the map, you might want the killer to come towards you. Just pretend you are doing something for a few seconds while visible and then walk off or hide. They waste time looking around etc. However, if you need more time and a gen is almost done, and they have pop the weasel (Which if they kick it regresses the gen by an insane amount). You might want to hide in a locker and not have the killer come to you, so you can finish the generator. Just saying sometimes being seen has its perks as well.

This is a pretty good link to find out information from the game, and here's a list of perks if you want to check them out:

If you have anymore questions or need help, maybe finding a counter to something that seems strong, don't hesitate to ask. There are helpful people here as well.

• jeyersjeyers Member Posts: 233

This game has always favored killers.

Survivors do gens too fast ? Killers get Ruin

Survivors heal too fast ? Nerf that healing speed.

Survivors have good perks ? Exhaustion

Survivors have good addons ? BNP and now instaheal, gone

Survivors play with their friend = match against the highest tier killer

Survivors DLC have good perks ? No

And so it goes...

• karatinac97karatinac97 Member Posts: 85

I'm assuming you're new? When you first play it does seem unfair but then you play more and understand how it works. Other people have explained as well but I'll do one too.

1.Only certain killers can do this and there's normally a draw back to it. Dodge the Hillybillys Chainsaw, stay as far away from Leatherface as possible, look directly at Ghostface so he can't expose you. Look at the killers abilities to get a better understanding.

2. As someone has said, there are multiple perks to get you off the ground. It's part of the game otherwise it would be too easy for survivors and there would be no slugging (leaving on ground instead of hooking).

3. Spin chill (cat tingle) only works when the killer is looking in YOUR direction and within a certain distance. So they could be right next to you but looking the other way so it won't work. This doesn't work on Myers in his 1st beginning phase.

4. Music should play when you're getting chased, unless you're talking about the general killer heartbeat.

5. In my opinion Moris should only activate after being hooked twice. Yesterday I played with a Rank 16 on my team (who should not have gone against a Rank 7 Ebony Mori killer :/ PS4) who was literally mori' d about 1 minute into the game. Very unfair, if I was that killer I would have gone easy on him or just wouldn't have brought a Mori in the first place 😞.

6. Either you got in the locker too late so BBQ&Chillie activated or you left scratch marks and he followed them to locker.

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 1,855

I'm sorry, but all I can say is get more hours. You are simply wrong.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,437

It sounds like you're fairly new to this game.

• yobudddyobuddd Member Posts: 507

Check out the DBD Wiki on perks. This’ll tell what they are and, when you see ones you like, which characters to level up to earn them.

if you don’t like clicking on links (better safe than sorry, eh?) then just search online for “DBD perks”.

when you see how they work, you can strategize how to counter them.

since you’re doing survivor right now, study the killer perks. Some of the most commonly used perks are:

• BBQ & Chili
    • A Nurse’s Calling
    • Hex: Ruin
    • Hex: No One Escapes Death (common at lower ranks where you’re likely playing right now, with more inexperienced killers)

Study up on these for sure, and just assume that every killer is using the first 2. Study the others as well and try to think of some counterplay. For example, for the above perks:

• get into a locker BEFORE the downed teammate gets hooked. You can also position an unfinished generator between you and the estimated hook area so that the killer’s only sees the gen aura (hint, don’t work in it or your butt might hang out the side.) Finally, you could move in closer to the hook since your aura isn’t revealed at close range.
    • if you know the killer is near, stop healing until he leaves the area. If killers tend to find you quietly healing in good hiding spots, this is why.
    • find and cleanse the “hidden” (sometimes clearly visible) hex totem (has a flame at the bottom).
    • cleanse non-lit, dull totems as you find them, before the last gen is finished. (Note: whether hex or dull, there are always 5 totems total on the map.)
  • PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 1,048

You need a ton more experience.

• dannyfrog87dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 391

no you dont. play both sides. and your opinion and point of view will change drastically lol.