The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

The Premium Pass is NOT terrible

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the premium pass set to release. I don't understand a lot of the complaints. If you think it's a cash grab then just don't buy it! That's the glory in capitalism. If you don't think it will be worth the money, then play through the free pass and enjoy the bloodpoint rewards from the challenges, and right before the rift changes, if you think the rewards are worth it, buy the pass and collect everything you would have earned so far. Then you have not wasted money. For everyone complaining about how it doesn't accommodate the amount of time they have to play the game per day, accept the fact that you will either have to start playing more (which I believe is ultimately the point to help queue times), have to pay for some levels, or just once again, not buy the pass. For anyone who thinks the outfits aren't worth it, the outfits will add up to almost 20k auric cells in total. I'd rather pay 1k than 20. And you can make the money back

Comments

• CrazewtboyCrazewtboy Member Posts: 610

This goes back to the time balancing. It is supposed to be balanced around someone who typically plays the game about an hour a day. If it isn't, I'm sure they will fix it. Based off my understanding, once you finish all the challenges you should have all the fragments you need to finish the rift as I believe that is the only way to earn them

I've read the complaints. And I addressed all of them in this post. You think the challenges are too hard? Then with all due respect, you must not be very good at the game yet. Most of these challenges can be easily completed. Are there a few outliers such as "sacrifice survivors to the EGC while using NOED"? Yes. But most of them are easy. Please read my post before you comment.

They should stay like that. For once they are going with their gut instead of listening to people judge something that hasn't even been released fully. Leave it to this community to start talking bad on something they haven't seen in progress yet. I really don't care about the auric cell rebate. I just think it's a nice edition.

Manipulation or not, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Because once again that is the glory of capitalism. You are not forced to buy anything. You are like a person who doesn't read a post before replying.

It's funny that you say that. You "casual players" always use this excuse. "It's not balanced around me. It should be forced to accommodate the amount of time I put in." Except it shouldn't. The whole point of the pass is to get people to play more so if you want the premium pass, I guess you'll have to start playing more. Otherwise don't buy it. I find it funny how most of you "casual players" rarely play or give any sort of money to keep the game running, but always expect things to be centered around you.

• Theoretical_HeartTheoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

I've bought every DLC and a ton of Cosmetics. Don't give me that horsesh*t about not paying. No one is complaining about the money. Its how hard and how grindy it is. Clearly we are ok with BHVR making money. We buy 10 dollar outfits (a third of the price of the game).

You are strawmanning because you have no argument.

Most of the board? That is far from true. You might have a percentage that thinks the challenges are "too hard" but that must be you "casual players". @ProfessorDunwich It actually can be broken down into those simple terms, because that is what it boils down to in the end. An argument over buying the pass. @Theoretical_Heart I have definitely addressed more than money, you just chose to skim over those points and that is why you have yet to find a decent argument. I have a point. But clearly you are too blind to see it. I will not continue this conversation with someone such as yourself.

I respect the fact that you acknowledge opinions that are not similar to your own. I never said it was going to be good. I did say I would rather pay 1k than 20k in auric cells but that is just common sense. I'm not saying it is good yet because like you said, we haven't seen it in full effect. But I'm also not knocking it yet like most seem to be.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,580
    edited October 2019

OP: "This obviously predatory system is fine! Capitalism, ho!"

• Theoretical_HeartTheoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

90% of gamers are casual. Casual is not an insult though you seem to think it is.

Obviously there is a few challenges that are unreasonable such as this one. I agree this one could be changed to make it less miserable for survivors.

Exactly! Capitalism! Lovely isn't it? Don't like it, don't buy it!

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,580

I agree with this sentiment, but I also believe that companies shouldn't engage in predatory tactics.

It's like you believe that the consumer's power to choose (which doesn't always work out as cleanly as you imply, as predatory tactics historically have an outsized effect on poorer consumers) also means that companies should have free reign to be awful.

• HellCatJaneHellCatJane Member Posts: 621

There are people that are complaining but are also unsure of what is fully going to get released.

Some are against it, some are for it, some are for it but currently against it unless there are exceptions/changes made etc. For those that are for it, and lets say once it gets released they purchase it straight away, super happy, excited, whatever.. If they happen to find out they can't complete it during the time-frame even with playing ALL the time, OR there's even some other weird stipulations that come out or bugs, like challenges not counting or not switching over right etc etc.... I'd hate to see new threads pop up of "wasted my money!" and angry hoard of people all upset. (I mean this is DBD, expect bugs and things to go terribly wrong...)

Hopefully the complaints make everyone think. hmm. I should check this out for myself. instead of just assuming it's like perfect. As I used to think that! I thought oh wow! Cool! And thankfully someone pointed stuff out to me and it was like.. .oh crap!.. I would have seriously regretted diving head first in to this fiasco.

I think it's fine if people think the "rift might be good" and stuff. But seriously, be careful... it may not be how and what you expect.. (And as of now... it looks like crap...) I mean in theory other games, sure its fine, it works. Makes sense etc.

My only hope is that people act more cautiously. If it's great and all's well.. Awesome.

• PoochkipsPoochkips Member Posts: 147

You're fighting an uphill battle my friend. I personally feel people should at least wait till they release it before they pass judgement on it. That's just me though. As most people feel they just need to complain. Then again I've prowled silently (before I decided to make an account on here) on the dbd forums for a while and the popular thing to do is hate everything here. I know I'm definitely going to garner some attention saying this, people people feel they should have everything easy. Battlepasses exist in a lot of these games these days, mind everyone and they're about as bad depending on the game you play..but you have to grind and spend hours. Some that are locked behind missions or other things. Smite requires you to play games and those games go on for anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour. And all that for MAYBE a rank up in the battlepass out of 100. My main thing is, we've been getting absolutely nothing at all from playing the game before. Nothing. Shards sure, but you still need a ludicrous amount to afford a set of cosmetics. The only thing we got for winning or doing matchs, was bloodpoints and tier ups to allow harder games. So getting a battlepass with rewards in general is nice as it is. Yet people again, see the challanges, say screw that, I want it easier. If the battlepass IS actual garbage, by all means, voice those complaints. However, complaining about a system that hasnt even been implemented is about as dumb as people complaining about things being OP on PTB when it's a PTB. At least from PTB you got to try it out to see how it worked. Here we dont even have it in the game yet

I agree, people should have caution. This all just seems a bit much. I personally will just be playing the free tier on the first go to check for bugs and problems.

They can't screw you out of money you don't spend...

That I agree with. While this seems like it could be nice, there is definitely other stuff that should've been put first.

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 520

Is that not the whole point of the PTB? To try the feature and give feedback on it? It would be completely pointless to try the PTB and remain silent on issues until its released...

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019

I don't think that's an outlier. The gates are opened, you have a guy on the hook and the others come to rescue. You down two and hook them for a sacrifice. Where is the hard part? It's fairly common in killer gameplay.

I think it's a survivor issue. All these years they talked the talk about killers having it easy, they see EGC timer and assume the game is over at that point so this challenge is next to impossible.

The irony in the person you addressed talking about the survivor DCing to screw the killer over is quite amusing. It's almost like the culture they cultivated isn't something they appreciate dealing with.