Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Do you prestige or do you not prestige?

GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 11,787

^^

Do you prestige or do you not prestige? 121 votes

Yes
60%
Science_GuyMc_HartyrhaArk_the_BonsaiGibberishPhantomMask20763CamoRangericemancatkodiakyInjiMister_xDBigyo369BlueberryPeasantJetTheWaffleCatLethalPugydrimmalorMiriamGSpacingLlamasarslaN 73 votes
No
31%
BossStevoJoelux1Spartagone45AcesthetiicbrokedownpalaceBravo0413xllANDRESllxRainbowPatooiese05239thrawn3054ad19970smappdoodaJawsIsTheNextKillerwhammigobambamPrincessPoopTheEdgeGamerArksnaVixonexEaBoosted_Dwight 38 votes
I am GrootDude and I hate seeing the symbol in my bloodweb
8%
RattmanPandomFibijeangrayon444ShrekIsHotGrootDudedfrenchieeocafghanistanfluffymareep8obot1c 10 votes

Comments

• AcesthetiicAcesthetiic Member Posts: 843
    edited October 13
    No

I did on my old account, but don’t have the time to commit on my newer one.

EDIT: Grammar bug

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 2,784
    Yes

Got most of my characters P3 so might as well.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 1,540

I am Groo- I mean, a completionist.

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 861
    Yes

I was gonna take that option too for the same reason. But unlike you, I am not a groot dude. No, just a simple bonsai.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 1,295
    Yes

I'm a completionist. I'll probably never prestige all my survivors, but I need to prestige all the killers. Each time I reach P3, I get a sense of relief.

• ElkElk Member, Trusted Posts: 1,066
    Yes

I only prestige 3 one character. I didn't prestige 1 or anything after that. She is the only one i ever thought of doing it it for. Everyone else didn't seem to need it. The person i prestiged was..........Fen-Laurie. Yes it was Laurie, not even Feng. It is because I didnt care for prestige for anyone. They have cosmetics, Laurie didn't.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 1,552

the only survivor I p3ed was ash and I realized it's pointless also the only killer I p3ed was legion

• SpannungsstoßSpannungsstoß Member Posts: 225
    Yes

I like the bloody cosmetics.

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,754
    No

I used to but there's literally no point in it.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 836
    Yes

I prestige because the blood cosmetics are cool. I only do it for killer because Survivors have literally nothing going for them when prestigeing. Plus, up until recently, most licensed killers didn't get cosmetics, so the Prestige gear was the only way too customize them.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 505
    edited October 13
    No

First i wanted to Prestige, because of better chances in the bloodweb. Then i read, it almost had no effect soo.. no prestige for me.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 1,934
    No

Nah I don't find it worth it. :/

• SebaOutbreakSebaOutbreak Member Posts: 61
    Yes

I only did it like 5 times in my 400+ hours of game, but I'll keep doing it at my own pace and only with survivors/killers I really like to use. If I have the perfect build and some really good items, add-ons and offerings, I see no need to prestige until I give that character some good use in a fair amount of matches.

• drimmalordrimmalor Member, Mod Posts: 314
    Yes

I prestige survivors whenever there's a cool cosmetic I wanna use on them. I don't feel good putting in points past lv50 unless they're p3. As far as killers, I p3'd a few of the ones I like to play the most but that was just to get solid builds on them and have perk variety to choose from.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,099
    No

I got my blood on the only character that matters.

Btw, BHVR, can we get rid of the "You reached LVL 50" message already?

I mean when you complete a Bloodweb when already LVL 50.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 870
    Yes

Only if I main the character and better cosmetics aren't available. Also Claudette.

• DicklayciaDicklaycia Member Posts: 87
    Yes

I prestiged my main but that was about it. I may do more characters one day, but I don’t feel a need to right now. My priorities lie with unlocking more perks first!

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,579
    No

I think prestiging a character is the most profoundly wasteful decision you can make in this game, given how many Bloodpoints it takes to unlock stuff.

Mind you, I'm coming at this from the perspective of someone who wants every teachable perk unlocked, and stacked on a small handful of "main" characters, which I think is a reasonable goalpost that the game makes as player-unfriendly as possible to reach.

If I ever prestige anyone, it will be after I've accomplished this goal, all survivors are at 40, and all killers are at 50. But I really don't see the point to it, outside of the bloody clothes (and I would much rather engage fully with the cosmetic store on any character that I like enough to consider prestiging).

If prestiging a character took away everything EXCEPT perks (i.e. item/add-on/offering inventories get erased, but you keep all unlocked perks), it would be way more tempting. As-is, it's way too punishing and I really don't get why anyone would waste their Bloodpoints like this.

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,973
    Yes

I prestige but only for the characters I like

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 11,787

I will have every survivor p3! :v

• PhantomMask20763PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 4,973
    Yes

Guess it's time for you to get grinding then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 11,787

I shall do nothing but play dbd for the rest of my life! >:V

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 2,074
    Yes

Only if I want the cosmetics, like for Jake I never P3'd bc I don't want the head. I needed the pants.

• Mert_MKMert_MK Member Posts: 216
    Yes

Only Survivors though. All of them.

For killer, i only prestiged Piggy to 2. In the future i might prestige Spirit too.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 561
    Yes

For my opinion as a Killer main, I have to prestige every Killer to 3 otherwise I dont feel like a Killer main. On survivors, just those characters that I like to play.

• AngryFluffyAngryFluffy Member Posts: 223
    Yes

Only the characters I main and only if I really want the bloody outfit. At the moment I only have Nea and Steve on P3 and I really want P3 Ghostface.

• StevoStevo Member Posts: 108
    No

I prestiged characters when I played on the PC version, and I also P3’d Ace (main) and Claudette (for the memes) after switching tin PS4, but I haven’t played prestiged any other character, despite the fact I do play more than just those two (don’t even use Claudette that often which is the sad part). I just don’t have the time or patience to get everyone P3, so I’ve resorted to going for all perks on the characters I Play, which in itself is taking a long time. Just ain’t worth it for some bloody cosmetics imo.

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 985
    Yes

Yes, but depends on if I like the bloody skin or not, for example, not on Claudette, yes on Bill

• RainbowPatooieRainbowPatooie Member Posts: 175
    No

I would if I didn't like hoarding items.