The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Why is she so slow?

Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 141
edited October 31 in Feedback and Suggestions

There are a couple of trap placing killers in the game: Trapper, Freddy, Demogorgon (I guess), and others I’m probably forgetting about. But there is one trap placing killer that stood out to me when I first started playing Dead by Daylight.

The Hag is a cool killer with a unique size, nice rat-ish design, creative lore, and amazing power. But why does she have to be so slow?

I understand that MAYBE it’s to make up for her ability to teleport, but that still doesn’t change the fact of how the early game is the weakest point for her. Having to run around the map placing your traps at random with your slow movement speed isn’t great for her.

Though, I can admit that she’s pretty good at forcing survivors to leave loops, but not so much DEALING with them, as she’s slow.

I’m not saying that’s she has to be one of the fastest killers in the fog/ 115%, but at least buff her movement speed by at least 1, 2 or 3%. She’s great, but I think her speed is what makes her not viable for higher ranks. Which is a shame, as she’s a blast to play AS and AGAINST.

Post edited by Umbrae_pk on

Comments

• Toxicity23Toxicity23 Member Posts: 265

Why is this in bug reports?

This is something to put in "Feedback and Suggestions" not "Bug Reports".

Bugs are where there are unintended issues with the game that is giving either side an unfair advantage by using it (Exploiting) or just a plain glitch that causes issues.

What you're asking here is literally a buff to a killer, which has to be in "Feedback and Suggestions", as it is not an unintended glitch with the game.

• Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 141
    edited October 24
    Post edited by Umbrae_pk on
  • ilyDwightilyDwight Member Posts: 101

I think she's fine where she is now, and really does not need any buffs.

Also, "a blast to play against", that's a joke, right? I personally see her as a very boring killer to play against. Just my 2 cents/opinion.

• PeenutsButt3rPeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 400

She's really strong if you know where to put traps, I don't mind her speed at all. Put traps-teleport-hit all over again, easiest killer to play

• Umbrae_pkUmbrae_pk Member Posts: 141
    edited October 24

NOPE. She’s funner to play against than a Spirit :/

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 1,905

The point of the Hag is that she can chase and hit survivors without moving, which is not true for the other killers you mentioned. Sure, she needs some perk to buy time at the beginning (like Corrupt Intervention), but the reduced movement speed is there to balance her potentially very strong power.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,943

She is supposed to be slow at the start of the game but gains a ton of map pressure if played right. Her power is very lethal and strong if correctly used!

• ilyDwightilyDwight Member Posts: 101

I would rather go against prayer beads spirit than hag