GUIDE: How to kill your game.
Before I you read this guide, I'd like to mention that I find myself as a killer main- logging in and then out as soon as I join a matchmaking lobby so I don't even start loading into a match as I don't bother wasting my time.
Now before I continue, I'd like to not waste any time for those about to read this.
This is a guide on how to wreck your game through dedicated servers.
For all people interested in game development, I'd suggest you read.
- Make the whole community be subject to testing something, which will deter new players from continuing to play as they don't know why certain killers face game breaking bugs, Myers not being able to stalk for example.
- Not having the option to choose if you would like to participate in this testing through using a beta client, henceforth making all people subject to test this which will make some people, like myself, avoid playing and also make new players refund as they don't know wtf is going on.
- Showing inconsistencies in the testing process, at one point the dedicated servers were up for a few days- then they were down, at which point I played. Then they got put up again, slightly improved the servers in terms of lag but the game breaking bugs were still there. That's how I noticed dedicated servers were switched back on.
- Don't do anything to offer an alternative- nor give people notice through the client itself that dedicated servers is in its testing phase and still active THROUGH THE CLIENT, hence just causing frustration to those who wish to play certain killers or want to play a good game in general.
- Leave the situation like this long enough for it to be turned into a meme.