We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dear devs, please save the nurse

Dear devs - "please" do not go through with your nurse changes. I play both sides equally, have faced survivors of all skill levels, I am telling you that nurse was fine with the exception of some of her addons being a 'little' too strong (in the right hands!). You have many people telling you that base nurse was perfectly fair, even survivor mains. You have console players telling you that she is extremely difficult to learn. Your nerf is doing nothing more than handicapping her so she is less effective against the sweatiest of survivors (AKA SWF teams). Survivors that already know how to juke her well and can use deadhard is very difficult when every second matters. Of all your killers, nurse requires the most practice to be effective. Do not penalize and marginalize your players for playing your game! This nerf is a handicap for everyone that has spent countless hours in learning this killer.

I will propose leaving her base exactly as it was before the PTB and improving your addons so they are not gimmicky. Her Ultra-Rare shouldn't prevent blinking through walls, etc. The addon that extends range has a huge downside that affects muscle memory... if you wanted more counterplay for the multiple blinks I propose adding more fatigue on the extra blinks, not the cooldown. This wouldn't handicap the nurse, rewards her for successful hits, and greatly penalize her for mistakes (allow survivor to juke and hide)

Please reconsider your changes and listen to people that play your game.

Comments

• godrengodren Member Posts: 141

lol no. with that new base kit it's very easy to juke her on demo's map, haddonfield and lerry's map and some other maps as well.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 708

That's for average survivors.

Good ones can loop Nurses hard now unless they get lucky with a very unpredictable blink/read.

It does more than give them time to get to LOS, they can get there and vacation for a bit before she's able to get there. And isn't fun to play like live Nurse is.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 123

Dbd forums: Nurse is dead

All the streamers and youtubers actually playing her: barely notices the basekit change

Someone has to be wrong and one of them has video evidence. Let her hit live as is, she'll still be nurse. Oh no I have to wait 2 seconds after double blink to double blink again, im useless now /s

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 766

That's because her cooldown was bugged. The real cooldown for a missed attack after blinking is much longer

• DarqPhoenixDarqPhoenix Member Posts: 28

the changes are needed, you're crying and clearly a bad nurse if you can't handle a tiny delay in between blinking, it's literally meant so you can't just spam blinks, there needs to be a punishment for failure, the nurse had none. I'm glad these changes are happening and it's honestly pretty funny that you think a 3 second delay for blinks will destroy her and you're asking her to be "saved" you're a bad nurse, it's okay to be bad, but don't ask for the killer to continue being broken because you're bad.

cause those streames always kill noobs and average survivors.

@Endstille

I mean yeah she has a bugged addon, I don't see the relevance to her basekit or balance state. If you need some examples Monto still 4k the game right after without a problem, but nurse is dead right? Yeah Otz did kill everyone, so again she's not dead. Tofu also had no real problems using no addons and as someone who is new to nurse iirc. That's just off the top of my head and they were all red rank games. I just don't see anyone struggling with new nurse and I don't see why anyone would unless they absolutely needed omega blink or 3+ blink Nurse. If that's the case then yeah that needed to go.

Streamers or not there's nothing I really see that's gonna bring nurse to wraith levels. By the time you turn your camera to where you need to blink next its either back or almost back.

The only echo chamber I see is the forums crying nurse is dead because she has to wait 2-3 seconds to double blink again. Even if its slightly longer than that for a MISSED attack, that's just bad nurse play. You don't swing if you know you cant hit them. Oh no worse killer ever. Its not like most of the killers have to play ring around the pallet for 40+ seconds while gens get popped. Oh wait they do. Honestly Nurse taking 18 seconds to down someone instead of 15 is not gonna kill her as long as she can just go through walls, windows, and pallets.

"nurse is dead, absolutely gutted"

-still does fine-

"buh-nuh-uh those are all rank 1 potatoes, every single one, yup. All of them boosted noobs."

I bet if they struggled to do well this would be completely different.

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 342

Dude a lot of people know that PTB is filled with potatoes, and now rank 1 has some potatoe survivors. The nurse would absolutely get demolished by optimal rank 1 survivors and rank 1 SWFs.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 1,948
    edited October 2019

I tried playing as her again and it was just miserable. Especially when someone burned a Hawkins Lab offering. If these changes to her basekit go through, I'll probably never touch her again. And instead of seeing a Nurse about once a month when I play survivor, it'll probably become more like once every six months.

I don't know what it's like for others, but on PS4, if I can see the survivor after I blink, then the attack doesn't connect. I have to be so on top of them that I basically can't see them. Is that how it's supposed to be? God forbid I try to cut a survivor off, either, because she never seems to 180 quick enough. And one of the changes is that she'll now appear before the end of her blink...

Dunno why the devs are coming out with another edition of the game for PS4 if they don't want some of their best killers to be playable on console.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 708

You say they barely notice but in every single video I see the same problem, they charge a blink right before the 2nd one is done thinking they have 2 and end up extending chases for long periods of time unless they get potatoes who run into them (steamer luck)

If they must keep the dumb cooldown theme then at least slow the charge down instead of outright stopping it while you charge a blink. It completely ruins the flow of her kit when you have to menacingly walk at them every few seconds instead of blinking constantly like the Nurse SHOULD be doing.

From the sounds of it we should just let the changes hit live then give feedback, because I'm hearing a lot of PBT doesn't matter. Every post I see about negative feedback is just "basekit change too much, change back, addons were only problem." But that's about it. Plenty of people did play with no addons and still destroyed SWF groups no sweat. There's just not much to do about a GOOD nurse. Not an ok nurse, not an average nurse. A good one. So was her basekit really ok? I don't believe so. But hey, I'm just some guy on the internet who plays the game.

I'm seeing a lot of people purpose giving her more fatigue time, which I don't entirely understand. The charge is essentially extra fatigue without the massive hindrance of fatigue (can't see/cant move). Would you really rather have a 5 second fatigue after double blink? That will just guarantees survivor escape and actually kill her. I can't see how being blind and immobile is better than being able to see and just a little slow. If someone could explain this to me I would appreciate it.

@TragicSolitude Yes nurse on console is very annoying/difficult to play. She's not made with controllers in mind. Its possible, just really difficult. They should give her some console treatment and potentially huntress as well. Best advice I've heard is to put your sensitivity all the way up.

@coppersly That sounds like a reasonable change. I don't necessarily agree she should be blinking absolutely all the time, as that doesn't give the survivors much to do about it, but missing your timing by a fraction of a second shouldn't invalidate half your kit.

@Endstille You're not really saying much except making assumptions about me in one large rant, so I'm not really going to bother replying anymore after this. Most, if not all, of the feedback I've seen doesn't say much. Maybe I overlooked a few here and there but I don't live on the forums.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 1,948
    edited October 2019

I do have my sensitivity at 100%; it's still too slow. At the same time, I'm not sure higher sensitivity would necessarily help since it would lack the precision control a mouse provides. Not sure there's a good answer to fixing her for console.

However, a reticle for Huntress would be really appreciated.

Also, the problem with the Blink Recharge mechanic is that it's another thing to juggle when it comes to playing Nurse. Players find themselves eyeballing the meter to keep track of when blinks are fully recharged, and it's distracting. Being distracted while playing killer, especially one who needs to predict where survivors are going? That's bad. But players are forced to keep close track of that meter because if they mess up and try to blink a millisecond too soon, they end up with only one blink instead of two, losing time and distance which they totally can't afford. If you add in the fact that players are going to be forced to hear the sound cue for recharged blinks over and over against constantly all match until they want to stab themselves in the ears... Well, it's overall just not a fun mechanic. No one wants increased fatigue time, but at least it wouldn't be a whole new thing pinned onto the Nurse's already complicated mechanics.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    edited October 2019

I wish so hard you will be right! Atm there is nothing more important for me than keeping the basekit as it was (regarding dbd tho).

Edit: typing mistake

Post edited by justarandy on
  • KnayterKnayter Member Posts: 116

the only bad things about new nurse is the server is [BAD WORD] her over more than anything

edited October 2019

definetly would. all those streamers you mentioned killed potatoes. as for the rest, keep telling me the same and being salty won't make it a fact.

not to mention these 3.5 secs give you 25-28 meters to cover your distance.

edited October 2019

yep. they should've only removed her her 3-5 blinks and nerfed omegablink addons that's all.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

just play spirit before she gets nerfed into the ground