The 3.5.1 hotfix is rolling out today. For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125057/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

One big issue I have about Nurse now:

My eyes were glued to the bottom left of the screen. All. The. Time.

Nobody seems to be talking about this, but with the Nurse changes, you have to constantly eyeball that power gauge. If you begin charging a blink at 99% from being at two charges, you lose out on the charge and it gets reduced all the way back down to 0.

Of course you can listen to the ping and then react to that, but it can be very hard to hear the ping, especially in a chase. The ping itself is also very annoying.

I feel like Nurse should be able to keep earning blink charges while she is readying up a blink, but at a reduced rate. 33%, 25% or even retaining 10% of the recharge rate whilst preparing a blink would eliminate a huge portion of the eyeballing so you don't have to perfectly time when you're allowed blinking in fear of losing an entire charge by accident because you began readying a charge 1/10th of a second too early.

This would also help her with being able to blink again juuuust slightly faster. I think the nerf to the base kit is a bit overtuned.

An alternative solution would be to just simply add a small recharge bar reticle at the center of the screen. Make it in a small circular shape. With something like this, people don't have to glance down far in the corner to see how filled their power gauge is and can actually concentrate on the actual game going on in front of them.

Comments

• PeepingPeacockPeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354
    edited October 2019

Its horrible, they have to revert these poorly thought out basekit changes.

I also agree that the charges should come back faster, you should always be able to blink after fatiguing right away without that stupid delay that messes with everyone's muscle memory.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 766

I agree. This is a good point that I didn't think before. Hope devs realize this

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 708

If they must keep the stupid cooldown then I agree, having it slowly charge the 2nd blink while you're holding a blink needs to be implemented. It would restore a great deal of her fluidity, remove that god awful annoying sound, and keep our eyes from the bottom left of the screen.

It seems every day we figure something else wrong with Nurse with such a "slight" change.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,685

So nurse would get a circle shaped crosshair for her cd but huntress doesnt?

Just pulling your leg.

Totally agree on the cooldown while casting thing.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 3,704
    edited October 2019

I think all killers should get a reticle anyway simply due to the fact that nothing is stopping someone from taping a cheerio or a frootloop onto the center of their screen.

Refusing a reticle is about as dumb as balancing in-game audio with the incredibly loud chase music, rather than just balancing the audio with no chase music in mind and giving people a slider so they can use whatever they are comfortable with.

The fact BHVR tries to balance the killers (or the game itself) by purposely taking out or refusing to impliment very simple basic quality of life features instead of, oh I dunno, actually balancing the game, is kind of a testament in of itself, really.