The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Absolute music

Everyone crying that they're gutting the nurse. Truly truly magnificent. On a more serious note after playing nurse for well over 40 hours on the ptb and over 500 on live this is a step in the right direction. Nurse had little to no counterplay beforehand and now I'm seeing people actually making decent jukes. Good job devs!!

Comments

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 1,101

She had plenty of counterplay without omegablink or 5-blink (and even then I've been able to juke nurses who used those pretty well). I never had a problem with her basekit, and I don't like the change. The recharge system would have been fine if they kept 5-blink, but with 2 blinks they were probably better off just increasing fatigue time. No one likes having to wait for a cooldown to use a power, and a lot of people dislike hearing a noise whenever the blinks come back.

I am glad they removed omegablink and 5-blink, though. The strongest killer didn't need strong add-ons. That's really the only change people wanted.

• undeadmaulerundeadmauler Member Posts: 78

The cooldown makes it so she cant blink blink hit 2 second later blink blink down. It was needed all around even top ranked survivors couldn't survive over 5 minutes against a good nurse. At mid tier yes you can joke slightly but almost never lose her, it was the same complaint about legion but this rework is far better then the gutting legion got.

I still think increasing the fatigue would have been better. The recharge system is just plain annoying all around.

• DukeJukemDukeJukem Member Posts: 114

increasing fatigue does nothing when scratch marks and common sense exist

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 703

I agree with you for the most part. Recharge mechanics aren't fun for powers and I really hope they get away from this trend.

She did have counterplay, and all it took was a mindset change and to stop running the same way you do for every. single. other. killer. god. forbid.

Biggest problem though is it isn't a slight change, it isn't just a little bit of counterplay because you can easily run her for 4 blinks now, and it isn't fun being punished even for doing things right like getting hits. And it isn't fun walking around as the slowest m1 killer in the game in between being the Nurse. I picked her to blink around not walk around.

• undeadmaulerundeadmauler Member Posts: 78

Hmm sounds like the same complaint legion users have been making but have been met with the age old "git gud" I digress, the only counter play against a good nurse was stop and move and guess what that doesnt work after the first time. Juking is damn near impossible against an even decent nurse.

It's all about the mindgames. Of course, it's much easier when you break line of sight, but even when she has visual on you, you still have a few options. You can keep running straight, turn around and run towards the nurse, or turn around but then turn back away and keep running to make her think you'll run towards her. Even a good nurse (basekit, not omega/5 blink) will mess up if you mix your options up and stay unpredictable.