Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

My PC reboots when I start the game

z0mb1kz0mb1k Member Posts: 4

Windows 10 Version   10.0.18362 Build 18362

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   8.00 GB

HDD Model   WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCA0

Installed the game yesterday after a break. Last I played right before the Stranger Things DLC or something like that and everything was fine. Now whenever I start the game my PC restarts after EAC loads up.

No logs in "Logs" folder in appdata, because I deleted the base DBD appdata folder while trying to fix my problem.

Tried the EAC Driver Enforcement Error fix, because while I had around 10 PC crashes, only once I had BSOD and it said that there was a problem with easyanticheat.sys driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, and it didn't work.

Tried verifying local files, verified system via SFC\Scannow - nothing. I don't think it's EAC problem because For Honor works fine.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 756

Sounds like your power supply has decided it's had enough. They unfortunately just start to push out less power as they get older, and you don't notice until something makes the PC crash.

• z0mb1kz0mb1k Member Posts: 4

Then why is it happening only on DBD startup?

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,246

You are saying you have this error code: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal - have you made sure that all the drivers on your PC are up to date, graphics driver via GeForce Experience or direct from Nvidia Website?

• pkSolaspkSolas Member Posts: 1
    edited October 17

I also have the same problem as DBD reboots my PC. I will include my own log files if it helps.

I already plan to get a new PSU, but I guess it doesn't hurt to try to find another solution.

Here are the things I tried: Verifying game files, Uninstall -> Reinstall, Updating Drivers, Cleaning/Re-plugging parts in PC, tested other Unreal games to see if they are fine (seems like DBD is the only game I can't play on my computer at the moment), reinstall EAC, run under Windows 7

Last time my game worked was before 10/10/2019 and that was the same time I got a forced Windows 10 Update which I assumed it screwed something up. Right now I'm on the latest Windows 10 Update (18362.418).

• itsbskyitsbsky Member Posts: 4

Same problem but on xbox one s

edited October 17

The driver that caused bsod was easyanticheat.sys, but it happened only once in around 15 times I tried to start the game so I don't think it's the driver's fault. Because For Honor works fine, and it's protected by EAC too.

Even if the problem is caused by the power surge to my PSU, I'm absolutely sure that this game SHOULD NOT do that, lol.

• FibijeanFibijean Member, Trusted Posts: 1,723

DBD is not particularly well-optimised. Perhaps it's the most demanding game you've played recently, and that's why the computer can handle other games but not it?

Because DbD is really good at pushing hardware in juuuuuuuuuust the right way to make it crash if there's a problem.

And before you say it, it doesn't matter if you can run more demanding games. I had EXACTLY the same issue when my PSU was dying (1000W bronze PSU, don't remember the brand, Xeon X5675 CPU, Radeon R9 290X, everything else ran fine). Replaced that when it finally did die? Problem solved.

Wife had the same issue on her rig too.

The most demanding game I played recently is Metro: Exodus, Siege, Gears 5. No crashes. It's DBD's fault for sure. Eh, maybe some day it will be fixed. I'll try again in half a year.

I guarantee it's not... but hey