The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Short Ban for Disconnects?

Azgard12Azgard12 Member Posts: 100
edited October 18 in Feedback and Suggestions

I love this game but I'm exhausted by all the disconnecting.

If you had to wait 5 minutes to play after 1st disconnect in a 24 hour period, that might help. A second could be at a higher amount. What do you think?

Comments

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 450

I think 5min is too short.

1hour should be the start at the very least

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,748

It should start with 15 minutes and ramp up and reset in a 24hour period. Or alternatively they can make a bad sport lobby type of deal where DCERS can play with each other.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 1,674

Should be any amount of time then adjusted accordingly to the overall rate of DCing.

• EbisekEbisek Member Posts: 57

Every DC have the reason.

Lets fix tunneling, camping, sluging, broken hitboxes and you ll fix the most of DCs.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,813

Or cause someone got hit... or cause someone wants to die cause the Killer is "OP" or cause there friend is sitting on the hatch... or cause 2-3 gens pop instantly (Killer one! Surprise! I used one from the other side to switch it up!) Oh oh oh or my favorite that i've had people admit too! "I DC'ed on death hook cause you get less points and don't pip."

Every DC has a reason. Doesn't mean the reason is a good one.

(Also Camping is a terrible strat. Stay alive and watch the gens pop. Tunneling is a thing, use DS. 60 seconds. Slugging is a thing and a tactic. Use Unbreakable. Broken hitboxes? Which ones? All Killer lunges are the same. It's likely ping there.)

Side note: I don't tunnel unless the injured guy shoves his face into mine, nor DO i slug often and I NEVER camp. I have hours of footage if you don't believe me.

• Azgard12Azgard12 Member Posts: 100

Ive been going for that kill all 4 as Michael trophy/achievement (for over a year). There have been about 14 times I’ve been legitimately close and then someone disconnects.

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 72

The game is too bugged for that. I mean lets be honest. I come across survivors stuck in walls. pallets and even the killer that slugs everyone and goes AFK. Thats still a bug or a broken mechanic in the game. Including the dreaded EGC that has NOT been fixed.