The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

The Store

BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,086

Haven't seen any lore on this, so i'll go.

I imagine the Entity sees the characters the same way we do.

It then browses through the cosmetics it made for them and poofs it onto them to see if it's good.

Tadaa.

Comments

• SpringeySpringey Member Posts: 45

I guess the entity is like a little girl dressing up her dolls 🤔

• MikeadatrixMikeadatrix Member Posts: 438

Cosmetics are derived from memories for certain characters while other cosmetics are "found" in the fog, meaning that the Entity created them. Take Steve's Babysitter outfit versus Dwight's Vigo's Apprentice outfit. It's a sick and twisted monster but it does enjoy playing dress up.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 492

We are the ENTITY!🎃

• Gato_LocoGato_Loco Member Posts: 12

there is a little bit of lore

the auric cells: This ones conform the realms, so all the maps we play in and see are made of auric cells

The auric cells can be used to create, then somehow, someone could be able to use this cells to create clothing (at least this last part is what I think)

• RevansithRevansith Member Posts: 140

The Entity read the News with growing alarm, almost terror, which in itself was unusual for something as nightmarish as the Entity... but all the survivors were getting new outfits and the Entity only had enough auric cells for one outfit. But which one? The Entity's torment was almost palpable.

• ektoekto Member Posts: 102

I don't think we really know the canonicity of the shop. It's implied that some outfits were from a survivors' past, some belonged to somebody else, and some were possibly found lying around in the Fog. It's implied that Auric Cells are used to create the outfits, whether it's the survivors harnessing them for one another or the Entity playing dress-up with its dollies, I really don't know.

• Nyaren_ChanNyaren_Chan Member Posts: 84

What about shirtless David?

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,086

Maybe Entity looked at him when he was shirtless while switching tops and was like...

👀

• MikeadatrixMikeadatrix Member Posts: 438

The Entity has a sick sense of humour too. Feng's facemask as well.