Nintendo Switch™ players: Instability issues prevented us from releasing the mid-chapter update and The Archives. Good news! We are working towards launching the update sometime next week.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Screen randomly freezes

OdacusOdacus Member Posts: 16

Hey guys, I know I should probably post this in the bugs section but I feel like that category does not get as much attention. Anyways, In the last week there have been 3 or 4 instances where I'm playing Killer and the screen suddenly freezes and gets stuck like that until I close the application through Task Manager. A couple of things that I've noticed when the game crashed is that the audio of the game continues on a loop and when openning the Task Manager I can see that the application is listed as "Not responding" even before I attempt to close it. Have any of you had this problem or something similar?

Comments

• MisterCremasterMisterCremaster Member Posts: 465
    edited October 19

Have you closed down other apps? Background stuff can cause others to lock up

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,483

Happens to me aswell sometimes. It's DbD, not a bug suprise.

• Ninjaarman721Ninjaarman721 Member Posts: 41

it can be background stuff such as chrome,custom wallpapers,and etc;it can also mean some component in your PC is not doing fine,check your GPU,RAM,and CPU to see if they are fine,if it only happens to DBD,try verifying integrity of files,reinstalling the game,check if your game has CAPPED FPS,uncapped fps comes at a cost,the heavy process for you GPU or even CPU to always keep processing stuff faster and faster to up the fps,causing more HEAT and triggering the cooldown system,you might wanna check that;lastly check your drivers of your GPU and CPU,if none of those work,it CAN mean your pc can't run DBD anymore,aka old GPU or CPU and u need an upgrade,theres also an small possibility of your HD or SSD has so small space left,they overwhelm and can't process the game;Welcome to PC,alot of possibilities and trouble for you,in reward for a much better experience than console.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 697

As Ninjaarman mentioned, it can also be a bad PSU or a GPU with not enough airflow.

And yes, such issues can literally turn up on only one game. DbD is very good at making components crash if there's something wrong. I've included it in my overclocking testing now because it's a good PSU/GPU stability test.