The 3.4.1 hotfix is rolling out on Steam and PS4, with Xbox and Windows Store following soon. For patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/110295/
The disconnect penalty test will take place sometime after the update is released on PC platforms and Switch™.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

CAMPING AND TUNNELING FIXES

BillyIIIBillyIII Member Posts: 365
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

As you all probably know, this game has a big problem with people camping and tunneling. I personally am getting campers every single game. This is a braindead and unfun gameplay style for both sides. Even though some may claim that this "strategy" is "legit", I would like to propose some changes that would fix it for good.

Camping:
Make it so that the longer a player is located near a gen, the slower the progression on this gen becomes, up to a halt. This would encourage players to seek other gens and make the game more dynamic and fun.

Tunneling:
Every time a player has done 1/3 of a gen, they would be unable to gain any progress on that gen until they touch another one. This would make it longer for the gen to be taken out of the game, which would increase the fun for all parties.

Please tell me, what you think about the proposed changes. Constructive criticism only.

Comments

• PinkErickaPinkEricka Member Posts: 1,034
    No.
  • LowbeiLowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    No.
  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    Gen lives matter. I'm on your side on this one OP.
    It's a great balance idea. This will teach those camping and tunnelling survivors a lesson.
  • pauloandrade22pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 692

yes.

@only1biggs said:
    How would these changes help with camping and tunneling?

People will always camp in games no matter what, it's not the game it's the person.

Tunneling is situational. I always go for the one who saved if I'm close, but if that person hides right away and all I see is the injured person, I'll go for that one. In that case it's the fault of the other survivor who didn't take aggro.

Did you even read what OP wrote?

• EasylifeEasylife Member Posts: 162

@Tsulan said:

@only1biggs said:

People will always camp in games no matter what, it's not the game it's the person.

Tunneling is situational. I always go for the one who saved if I'm close, but if that person hides right away and all I see is the injured person, I'll go for that one. In that case it's the fault of the other survivor who didn't take aggro.

Did you even read what OP wrote?

Doesn't look like it, he probably assumed the TC was talking about camping and tunneling killers... spoiler: he wasn't.
    I like the openinng post, it's the equivalent of survivors camping and tunneling generators and it made me laugh.

• EnveesEnvees Member Posts: 370

@only1biggs said:

Camping is also situational. Some like me camp no matter what. I have my reasons. Exit gates open and first hook most will camp. Or would you run to the other side of the map at this point and give a free escape?

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 11,721

Yes, punish those gen campers and gen tunnelers. Survivors have spoken: campers and tunnelers must be punished.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,368

I'd say something like a 5 seconds cooldown period before a survivor is able to repair a damaged generator sounds better. Your ideas aren't bad but they will never be part of the game

• only1biggsonly1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Envees said:

@only1biggs said:

Camping is also situational. Some like me camp no matter what. I have my reasons. Exit gates open and first hook most will camp. Or would you run to the other side of the map at this point and give a free escape?

I wouldn't care at that point as the game is already lost. I'm a 4k or no K kinda guy. But I've never had a game where all generators were done and I just got my first hook.

• BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Posts: 253

@only1biggs said:

@Envees said:

@only1biggs said:

I wouldn't care at that point as the game is already lost. I'm a 4k or no K kinda guy. But I've never had a game where all generators were done and I just got my first hook.

good for you. but many other killers have. its not uncommon to get the first kill at 1 generator left.

@Tsulan @Easylife Ah, I see. I read it, but misunderstood in my haste. I don't hear of survivors camping and "tunneling" gens that much. My apologies.

I'm not sure about the suggestions in that case ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Beardedragon said:

@only1biggs said:

@Envees said:

@only1biggs said:

good for you. but many other killers have. its not uncommon to get the first kill at 1 generator left.

Perhaps you and those many other killers should get better, instead of complaining all the time ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• RSBRSB Member Posts: 2,259

@BillyIII said:
    As you all probably know, this game has a big problem with people camping and tunneling. I personally am getting campers every single game. This is a braindead and unfun gameplay style for both sides. Even though some may claim that this "strategy" is "legit", I would like to propose some changes that would fix it for good.

Camping:
    Make it so that the longer a player is located near a gen, the slower the progression on this gen becomes, up to a halt. This would encourage players to seek other gens and make the game more dynamic and fun.

Tunneling:
    Every time a player has done 1/3 of a gen, they would be unable to gain any progress on that gen until they touch another one. This would make it longer for the gen to be taken out of the game, which would increase the fun for all parties.

Please tell me, what you think about the proposed changes. Constructive criticism only.

B-b-but only killers can camp and tunnel REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    I expected another ban/punish Killers thread. Now that was a plot twist. I like your suggestions but i'd say survivors should have a second objective that encourages moving around. For example survivors would have to find gas cans for each generator that has been completed and fuel them.
  • thomasnutthomasnut Member Posts: 112

Here is how you fix camping and tunneling.. Do not use Ds, do not use borrowed time, do not use adrenaline, do not use balanced landing, do not use sprint burst, do not use god pallets and looping..

Yep, that should pretty much do it

• ChesterTheMolesterChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    thomasnut said:

Here is how you fix camping and tunneling.. Do not use Ds, do not use borrowed time, do not use adrenaline, do not use balanced landing, do not use sprint burst, do not use god pallets and looping..

Congratulations you didn't read OPs post.
    thomasnut said:

This seems to be trending.
  • PinkErickaPinkEricka Member Posts: 1,034
    thomasnut said:

They were making a humorous joke. They weren’t serious. lol
  • MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,208
    BillyIII said:

Camping:

Tunneling:

That  would indeed give killers more time but it would heavily favour swf and survivors wouldn't like such a complicated thing anyway

@only1biggs said:

@Beardedragon said:

@only1biggs said:

@Envees said:

@only1biggs said:

Perhaps you and those many other killers should get better, instead of complaining all the time ¯_(ツ)_/¯

thats a real mature comment. your parents must be proud.

@Beardedragon said:

@only1biggs said:

@Beardedragon said:

@only1biggs said:

@Envees said:

@only1biggs said:

They are infact. Extremely.

Ask your mother to stop calling me please, kiddo ;)

edited July 2018

@only1biggs said:

@Beardedragon said:

@only1biggs said:

@Beardedragon said:

@only1biggs said:

@Envees said:

@only1biggs said:

They are infact. Extremely.

Ask your mother to stop calling me please, kiddo ;)

another mature comment. if your parents saw you ridicule people on the internet i doubt they'd be happy. and if they do get happy about that, i guess i see where the problem started.

the last part also made no sense. why would my mother call you? she doesnt know you.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,500

I know right? how dare the survivors play the objective, they're supposed to leave and let the killer get free kills. ;)

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,476

NO.

• EnveesEnvees Member Posts: 370

@thomasnut said:

Would not help you against me. I made it a point after all the BM in game to tunnel and camp to death every surv i get. Flashlight save? You are going to die. DS user? Still going to die. Only sooner than the rest

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,132

Yes.