Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Honestly, I'd rather have dribbling D Strike back.

2»

Comments

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

You have a good point there. That one mori wouldn't be too bad to be base, case if you get there well you've not alot of chances so you might as well get to watch something cool for it.

Also I 100000% agree with you on how you worded DS and it's uses there. It should help you in the early game, not guarantee you an escape cause you got hooked in EGC.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I see you say all of this, and I just get flash backs to getting hit with DS when I haven't tunneled anyone. Just cause they had like 4 seconds left of a 60 second timer. Sorry, I don't think I can ever agree with you on this, but it's okay. People can disagree. The main thing is all of your points are from the survivor side. Do you know the Killer's side well enough to give a good, nonbiased view from there too?

As I said to another guy, the locker normally gets used on me more when I am patrolling gens and happen to find the person again. They hop right in that locker, but I know it hasnt been 60 seconds. What do I do? Let them be so they can get out and work on the gen? Eat the DS and start a whole chase then?

What do you mean there can be only one DS? I hope you mean active cause otherwise, i have to point out every survivor can and will bring DS.

Do you play on PC? If so I hope we meet in the Fog so I can let you have a game where you don't get tunneled, camped, or even barely Slugged. If not, i'm sorry console is like that.

Also, you said in your 60 seconds argument "Yes. But this does not mean that all 4 Survivors have 60 seconds immunity. And it is not even immunity at all - they cannot be hooked for 60 seconds. They can be slugged. A slugged Survivor is the same as a hooked Survivor, when it comes to Map Pressure"

then say in your Hook disable "No. If you slug the Survivor who just got unhooked, you still tunneled." You also say "But when they have DS active they can do stupid things like Unhooking People-->Thats true. But you can lunge at them to down them. And even if they manage to unhook, go after the unhooked person, it should not take that much time to get them, and now you have one guy on the Hook again (the one who already used DS) and one guy slugged nearby."

So which is it?

I do at least agree with you on the EGC part. Other than if it's Cypress Mori base, then the others will wait or do there best to NOT let the slugged DS person be last in the game. IT would help, but I think they would have to change something about Moris first. Maybe make them effective in EGC to everyone? I mean, at that point you should just be running for the gates anyway, and that might stop some of the gate taunting. But I have NO idea if that would be balanced or not, as I am not a game designer.

Also eating a DS is bad for any Killer, but I'll let you alone on that one. I don't play any of the Top tier Killers often (Or Nurse at all cause her blinks make me wanna hurl) so I can not really comment on it.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I usually don't tunnel so I don't normally keep a mental track of who just got off hook or not mostly, when I hook you I'm already dealing with other survivors

I don't honestly feel like slugging every single survivor I come across just in case they might have 20 seconds left of decisive strike

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

Then you feel like eating DS.

You either take precautions for something which is apparently super common, or you willingly take the hit. You cant complain about it after you willingly decided to not wait a few seconds.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

It's for this exact reason why I'd like for it to deactivate when doing those actions, be healed completely, or another person is hooked.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Alright fine then play a killer game and after downing a survivor wait a full 20 to 30 seconds ( depending on how efficient you are at downing other survivors) before picking them up.

Then see how optimal the game is.

For some reason you seem to be thinking I'm talking about directly chase some who's just got off hook immediately.

However when I'm talking about is if someone has just gone on love hug and you have already taken the time to down other people and you happen to come across this person doing a generator.

At that point you're not tunneling you've already downed one or two other survivors why would you be thinking that you're going to get decisive strike.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,599

This is a reasonable suggestion and I wish more people would consider it.

• MonlythMonlyth Member Posts: 516

If the killer is camping, then just do the objectives. The game's mechanics already punish the killer harshly for camping. If you insist on unhooking right in front of the killer, then you shouldn't be surprised when you get downed.

• StupidPalletsStupidPallets Member Posts: 395

One time I dribbled someone who had d-strike to his hook and he DC'ed. It was one of my proudest DBD moments. *sniff, sniff*

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I'd never wanna go back there. The old DS was such bullshit.