Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Survivors need a little bit of a balance change focus

Instead of giving one survivor getting a powerful tool to use the killer the tool in question should be balanced around all 4 survivors using it and in future I think perks should encourage more teamwork rather than lone wolf playstyles

E.g : all 4 survivors run decisive, and due to the WAY TOO LONG TIMER OF A WHOLE MINUTE. The killer eats 4 decisive strikes meaning a 20 second loss. That's 1/4 of a gen and considering 3 survivors were probably doing gens when th r killer was stunned in this scenario that's bumped up to 3/4 of a gen and to me that doesn't seem fair. But thats a device problem in addition to a stacking perks problem. It's a similar story with borrowed time, deliverance ,adrenaline , dead hard to some extent , head on.

Whereas on the killer side perks like thanatophobia are made to be bad because :

1) they stack

And

2) they affect all the survivors.

So what I'm seeing here it's completely fine to rob the killer of 3/4ths of a gen but it's not ok for the killer to add a second or two to generator times (the usual amount if time thanatophobia gives a killer).

Why can't we have more perks like Dwight's teachables? Or autodidact?

Comments

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 528

Ummmm, what?

There's a perfectly good strategy for not getting hit by DS and it's called NOT tunneling. But maybe it never crosses certain people's brains to go after the person who did the unhooking instead of going for the non skillfull cheap kill. But i digress...

PGTW depending on the gen progress can waste MASSIVE amounts of time. Thanataphobia wastes time. Dying Light wastes time. What point are you actually trying to make here? Because your post makes no sense.

And you want to complain about Head On? XD in order to even get a stun, the survivor has to go into a locker and be there for at least 3 seconds. then has to HOPE that the killer walks directly in front of that locker to use. The set up time for the perk usually outweighs the stun effect.

Deliverance? You mean the perk that gets totally nullified if either A: you get found and hooked first in a match, B: everyone gets the saves before you, or C: the killer camps and tunnels the person and you can't get a safe unhook. That perk is trash and not useful enough to work on a consistent basis

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 447

Hmmmmmmmm yes , a killer giving you 60 seconds to do what you want is totally fair when all 4 survivors are running it.

And as far as my post if you actually read it (although I should've made it more clear) is that survivors have too many strong perks that stack due to all 4 of them using it which puts even more of a time crunch on the killer.

Although upon further thought deliverance is the outlier in that list but it's no where near as bad as your making it out to be, and combo that with decisive the issue about it being useless against campers is kinda dealt with , not factoring in borrowed time.

But let's delve in on that 60 second timer, that's an entire evil within 3. If that was to say be buffed in terms of its lunge distance or its vaulting speed and any complaints about it were met with the argument of "just don't get hit" would that be fair? No. No it wouldn't.

It's not a "free 60 seconds" though. That time is usually spent getting away from the killer, either self healing or finding someone to heal them, maybe for those that don't care about being injured working on a gen (outside of the daredevils at rank 1, that's uncommon).

PLUS, you're also applying pressure to a NEW person and keeping them off a gen.

And I didn't even mention slugging which is something most people do anyway when they know someone has DS. Put that person on the ground then chase someone else, you have 2 people not doing gens and probably 3 because someone has to go heal the slugged person. There are plenty of anti-D strike strats in the game already.

As far as your point about things stacking, Killer perks stack. As soon as the new Dying Light was released, there were a lot of killer running that in conjunction with Thanataphobia, Sloppy, and either Ruin or PGTW. If you want to talk about time wasting, have you ever gone up against a killer running those perks together with full Dying Light stacks, 3 people injured, and no one finding Ruin. That's massive time added to gens

No because dying light can never have full stacks while 3 people are injured, unless everyone ran decisive in which case it's still 3/4ths of a gen , maybe more 2.7/4ths of a gen when factoring in the dying light stacks

And sorry if I'm mirroring your deliverance argument but who runs thanatophobia and manages to keep it at more that 2 stacks apart from legion and plague? And how often do you see those killers? Not very often

No I didn't mention slugging as you accurately say but remember perks like unbreakable and flip flop exist (the anti slugging perks) which puts the killer into the damed if you do damed if you don't situation , and most decisive users also use unbreakable. There's plenty of anti slugging strategies in the game,

And now to focus on the "gen pressure" you say the killer gets, a standard heals worth of time, which isn't affected by decisive , and then that survivors gets 44 seconds to just work away at a gen without any risk as if they get grabbed or go into a chase they have 40 seconds left.

What do you mean Dying Light can never have full stacks? Dying Light stacks are activated by anyone who is not obsession getting hooked..... do you even know how the perks work?

That stacked with Thanataphobia and multiple people being injured and a killer running sloppy to make healing take even longer (and yes, Plagues are in matches very often. I run into just as many Plagues as I do Billys.

As far as your point about Unbreakable, you're kind of making the assumption that the team is a SWF and knows the person has unbreakable. If I see someone get slugged, I usually stop what I'm doing to go pick them up. I have no idea if they have Unbreakable or not.

• LucamaLucama Member Posts: 170

There's a perfectly good strategy to not get "tunneled" as well, and that's waiting for the killer to move more than 5 feet from the hook before unhooking. Why should the killer be punished because survivors go for an unsafe hook?

Ok let me school you on the maths of dying light. Without any obsession changes the "max" stacks is 27%.

This 27% means nothing because he obsession isn't affected by the slowdown if dying light and in in this same situation only has a 4% action speed debuff from thanatophobia.

As for your second point it's defeated by your first. Your argument there appears to be based on dying light having max stacks which doesn't affect the obsession. The only thing the last survivor would be doing is either self caring or opening an exit gate, the later isn't affected by anything but remember me.

16 second base heal. 20 seconds with sloppy butcher, add 4% which makes it

20/100/0.2*4=0.8 seconds so

At maximum it's a 21 second heal. 5 seconds more than a usual self care

As for your last point. No. No i never even considered swf as unbreakable is a perk that's strong for both swf and solo, buckle up is strong for solo and at most flip flop is stronger in a swf.

Talk about jumping to conclusions. Tunneling doesn't just happen because of unsafe hooks. Killers like Nurse, Billy, Spirit, Freddy (Hag with mint rag) can just zip back/teleport back to the hook whenever they want to regardless of distance. Also with how fast killers are, a lot of them will just walk straight back to the hook even if they were a reasonable distance away for the survivor to consider unhooking.

Ah but that is one of many anti tunnelling techniques, the other is called "hook gymnastics" where you attempt unhooks (make sure the bar doesn't fill) and stop whenever the killer isn't camping. The other is "booking it when you get unhooked so it's much harder for the killer to zip straight back"

Nurse Billy and spirit? Sure they can. Hag? Only if a trap is triggered or she's running mint rag which is jumping to conclusions, Freddy? Sure if your hooked near a gen which doesn't always happen

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 20

You do realize you can slug the survivor if you're afraid of DS, right?

Why you are even afraid I'll never know. While some survivors can loop you for minutes on a single DS, those are very rare, super good survivors. Most can't.

And if you ever did run up against a Survivor who could loop you for 3 minutes per hit, then you already lost, DS or not.

And let's apply a little killer logic here, shall we?

The real issue with DS is that it is so good compared to every other survivor perk that it should be nerfed or removed because it makes no sense not to run it.

But when something is powerful like that, killers like to say, "Why nerf nurse, nurse is fine. All weaker killers should be buffed to her level."

Well let's see now, "Why nerf DS, DS is fine. All weak survivor perks should be buffed to DS's level."

I know how Dying Light works. Thanks for the numbers though. A 27% speed debuff is a lot. And that's a debuff to gens AND healing.

Which leads to my second point about stacking which is a point you brought up in your original post. Dying Light + Thanataphobia + Sloppy Butcher can make healing time anywhere between 20-40 seconds depending on the number of stacks on dying light and thanat.

My point about mentioning SWF was because we were talking about wasting time. If I don't know the person who is slugged has Unbreakable, I'm going to get off my gen to go help them so slugging people still wastes survivors time and not just the person on the ground.

lol I literally put (Hag with mint rag) in parenthesis to point out that her ability is situational. It wasn't me jumping to conclusions.... -_-

Then it doesn't need a minute uptime, could honestly be half that.

No it isn't a lot because. Now I'm sorry for shouting but : THE OBSESSION ISNT AFFECTED. And if they die the debuff goes away. And the only way for you to get 27% is by killing off everything but the obsession

And that post in this thread saying that survivors shouldn't be able to turn unsafe hooks into safe hooks wasn't jumping to conclusions either , but to you it is.

Because you can interact with and play around Nurse. Even the best nurse can be outplayed, baited and juked. DS is uninteractive. Your only option if you down a surv with DS up is pick up, take the DS and risk another chase, or don't interact. It's a second stack of borrowed time, without the activation condition built into borrowed time.