Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

A change to mending

Deep wounds is really far from threatening at best.

So my idea is to make deep wounds more threatening and not counterproductive with legion.

MENDING ACTION

• Mending takes 15 seconds.
  • The deep wound bar reduces when out of chase. Mending stops the bar from dropping.
  • Survivors can mend themselves while running OUT OF CHASE at a 50% rate, by holding the main action button (the same when repairing generators).
  • Mending while running is capped at 80% of the bar(you can still let thr button be pressed and counts as still mending). The remaining 20% must be mended by standing still.

Q&A about this:

WHY 15 SECONDS INSTEAD OF 10?

It takes survivors' time and keeps the pressure.

WHY OUT OF CHASE AND NOT OUT OF THE TERROR RADIUS?

Legion depends on terror radius to injure multiple survivors. That said, they need a big detection range for killer instinct to be effective and this is counterproductive with deep wounds as it is now.

WHY BEING ABLE TO MEND ONLY OUT OF CHASE AND NOT WHILE IN A CHASE?

Being able to mend while in a chase ables survivors to finish mending inside the chase, even if capped at 80% there is only 3 seconds left of standing still to finish mending.

WHY A 50% RATE MENDING WHILE RUNNING? AND WHY IS IT CAPPED AT 80%?

Because mending should take time. This makes sure that survivors dont exploit it to be running to a generator while mending without a problem. Doing that takes time and you eventually need to stop to mend.

Its capped at 80% just to make sure that you need to stop to mend.

BUT IF LEGION STILL MOONWALKS, ITS A MATTER OF TIME FOR THEM TO TAKE YOU DOWN. AM I RIGHT?

No, because you can maintain the button pressed, even if you reach the 80%, pretty much like when you are in the dying state at 95% recovery - you can still let the button pressed, counting the action.

If you have more questions feel free to ask and ill add them to here if i think they can be a common one.

Comments

• PGJSFPGJSF Member Posts: 180
    edited October 20

Your “out of chase” suggestion is what old OP exploiting Legion worked. He would just chase you while looking at the ground and waited for you to go down.

What you suggest by “pressing the button like recovery” could be fine but that would mean even more wasted time for Legion. I mean someone could never mend and prolong the chase just like now, I don’t see how this would be better... what am I missing?

• NullSp3cNullSp3c Member Posts: 481

Youre missing the fact that the deep wound bar doesnt go down while mending. Which is infinite, making the exploit impossible.

Yes I get it the exploit is impossible because you keep pressing a button so you are technically mending even if you are not getting any progress. What I am asking is how is this going to improve the game? Right now the DW bar doesn’t go down in TR, so what’s the change?

It improves the game that deep wounds is threatening, you can't exploit it within the terror radius. I think of this as more of a QoL change than a gameplay change.

Either way, with some changes to legion's power, this makes possible for the power to reduce the deep wound timer.

I've explained the objective of these changes in the start of the post.

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 4,378

I feel like this wouldn't change much.

It just looks like +5 second to the mend timer. It doesn't become threating because you can just hold the button whenever out of chase. It's still just a time waster.

It is supposed to be a time waster. This makes it so that the survivor has mending as a priority. Now, legion hits you and then goes to another survivor and you keep doing a generator. With this change, the timer actually ticks down and you need to mend as quickly as possible.

Maybe you will get some downs from this. Who knows?

• MiloMilo Member Posts: 4,378

Oh yeah i know it's supposed to be a time waster. It's just you said:

So my idea is to make deep wounds more threatening and not counterproductive with legion.

It improves the game that deep wounds is threatening,

And i just don't see those suggestion do any of those.

It isn't counterproductive and i've explained why in the post.

It's more threatening because the timer starts ticking down when legion leaves you and not when they are really far away.

Either way, if devs manage to make legion's power lethal and with the proper counterplay, this would be an even more threatening change.

What im doing here is how deep wounds should be from the beggining, but withou the exploit that the devs didn't know that players could do.

If devs manage to make legion's power lethal and with the proper counterplay, this would be an even more threatening change.

I just used the exploit once to test it and because a survivor was being toxic, so i thought it was the right time to do it. It was the most boring thing ever. Either way, legion just needed a fix, not a nerf.

Yes you say at the start of the post that your objective is to make DW more of a threat, but your suggestions don’t seem to do that - as far as I can approve them now that you explained.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 4,143

How to make Deep Wound better: Give it to the Pig. :P

This makes it a threat because the deep wound timer is a priority now that it starts to go down right when legion stops the chase on you going after someone else. This threatens that you WILL go down if you start to do something else besides mending. It doesn't completely remove the capability of doing a generator, but surely shortens it by a lot.

Right now, you can simply do a gen with deep wounds, for as long as legion is chasing someone within 32 meters from you. With these changes, this isnt possible either.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,813

Yes, this doesnt seem like it will make DW more threatening and it seems like it wont do anything. Sorry, But I can't see the point.

This makes it a threat because the deep wound timer is a priority now that it starts to go down right when legion stops the chase on you going after someone else. This threatens that you WILL go down if you start to do something else besides mending. It doesn't completely remove the capability of doing a generator, but surely shortens it by a lot.

Right now, you can simply do a gen with deep wounds, for as long as legion is chasing someone within 32 meters from you. With these changes, this isnt possible either.

NOTE: This is a copypaste of what i've written for the guy that has the same question.

You can 99% a mend then go to a gen, then complete it when it gets low now. I've seen people do this as I play Legion almost exclusively. I think a good change for it would be that you have to mend before you do anything. I mean, I don't want to work on a gen while MY SIDE IS CUT OPEN AND PUMPING BLOOD.

You cant, because the timer will go down when you are not mending, and the distance to the killer doesnt matter.

Hmm, but if the mending pauses it, then wouldn't that still mean they can just wait till it's almost gone, then mend?

You can do that, yes. But you can only do like 10% of a gen at best, while with the terror radius change you can make an entire generator without mending.

This is the old deep wounds when legion came out but without the exploit. So it is as threatening as before, but cant be exploited. Simple as that.

Hmm, It's a good direction. Don't think that i'm against this. Just trying to understand it as much as I can because of it's effect on my favorite Killer.

edited October 20

Legion is the reason that i play this game, so they are in good hands... at least I think xD

The old one, not the new one, just to be clear.

The Old Legion was bad. Even without the exploit. But Yes, if you are a Legion main as well, then I understand more where you are coming from. Now That I think about it, i've seen you in my thread. Cool... also I am glad that is more than just me that plays for Legion. They brought me back after 2016-2017 times.

That being said they need help. No Killer should make you feel like that one guy in an anime that takes his weighted clothes off while saying "I'm sorry Master, I must go all out this one time." WHEN YOU PICK SOMEONE ELSE.

Legion's power actively works against them at this point. I do better without using it alot.

Exactly, i see a lot of people saying that legion isn't the worst killer atm, but yes clown, wraith or leatherface.

My point of view is: all those killers have a tool to help them to finalize a survivor. Yes, with legion you can have a first hit, if you dont get hit by a pallet, miss a hit, lose the survivor or they loop you in an unloopable pallet/window.

Basically, when you are playing legion, you play as a killer without a power. You pretty much rather play leatherface, doctor, wraith or clown that can somehow help you in chases and they can have very easy first hits too. Yeah, you get information with legion's power, but that doesn't help you at all if you can't down someone and progress the game as killer. They can have stall potential, but they can't progress the game on their side.

I like to put it in these terms. Imagine legion being a killer that his ability is wallhack on the entire map, but can't attack. If you think about it, it's pretty much the same and is ridiculous.

WHy they did what they did to Legion is beyond me. I'm trying my best to give them ideas at least though.

Yeah, same here. But they don't listen to what we say. They said that they were changing the add-ons and probably just the pins, no changes made to his power.

I know this can be changed, but i dont think they want to do any changes in the short term which is very sad because there is a very unfun killer to play for 6 months already and this is not subjective.

I love Legion. I love the feeling of that Rush down chase of the survivor... but I don't love that I can be looped in my power easily, that if auto aim messes me up I'm doomed, that I get DS'ed every time My power ends. It's so punishing to even TRY to do the thing that makes Legion fun.... But, I really hope they listen. They need more than just add-ons.... they need help that KEEPS the Rush Down playstyle.

edited October 21

I love the rush down play style, but it needed the counterplay. And that counterplay is really far from what happened to them.

To maintain that game style, you need to separate frenzy in 2 parts so it is easier to balance and it doesn't become overpowered/underpowered.

My idea is to make the power have a fixed status/mechanics like it has now ONLY when you tap the button, BALANCED AROUND DOWNING SURVIVORS. Then, when you apply deep wounds on a survivor, those fixed status/mechanics receive a buff or a change that makes chaning hits more easier. This maintains the spreading hits gamestyle and feral frenzy is able to down survivors maintaining the rushdown gamestyle.

EDIT: And give frenzy interactions with injured and exposed survivors.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 378

Mending in-chase even passively it's a bad idea even if it's capped. I would change that if you mend yourself then it takes more time (you mend yourself at 50%) than if another survivor mends you. At the moment there is no difference between those two.

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,781

This doesn't change much. If you're in a chase for the full 80% seconds, 3 seconds doesn't matter at all unlike now where the survivor needs to, at some point, go through the full mend whether or not the Legion chased them or not. It would just be easier to reduce the mend time so survivors have to mend earlier in fear of accidentally leaving the Legion's terror radius and going down.

I specifically said that you can only mend while running "OUT OF CHASE".