Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Feels like reporting is useless...

Cyrax98Cyrax98 Member Posts: 2
edited October 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

I love this game and I play it very often and unfortunately there are a lot of toxic players. Okay. Well, every multiplayer game has that issue. I will help the devs out and report these people. I'm sure something will be done. Except, who knows if it does?

I never know of any action being taken against players and I've heard people say in game chat that they can do whatever they want (toxicity-wise) since DBD devs don't pay attention or "they don't ban" for toxicity (which of course is not true). So I decided to record my gameplay today and see if I catch anything and what do you know 25 minutes later, another toxic player can say whatever he wants and I had to think whether or not it was worth reporting. That's horrible for a community to feel like the leaders of that community (in this case, the devs) don't have your back or best interests in mind.

I think we need two things: 1) Better/More action against toxic players and 2) a message that clearly tells you when action was taken against a player you reported.

So, what I want to know is:

Devs: What are you going to do about this?

Players: Do you have any suggestions/tips on how to fix this issue?

Post edited by Rizzo90 on

Comments

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,813

I feel like getting a message that some action was taken might be odd. I'm not sure any other game does that.

• Cyrax98Cyrax98 Member Posts: 2

Really? I feel like most of the multiplayer games I play has something like this. Overwatch and CS:GO both have it for sure.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 379

If you record video of it and send the video in a support ticket and they determine the offense is ban worthy they tell you if they ban the person. I've gotten quite a few lag switchers banned myself.

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 105

I dont mean to be rude. But you must be doing something that is setting people OFF. DBD has an "Unwritten rules book" that everyone sort of adopts. The two big ones are.

1. Dont Camp.
    2. Don't tunnel.

I mean it pretty much is self explanitory. Survivors wont become toxic and even may counter-report you for holding the game hostage. As much as I dont like to be "that guy". you have to play by some of the community rules. Even if the survivor does that "butt dance". just put up with it. They are not worth camping and giving attention to.