Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Fixing The Ghost Face and Night Shroud - The Problem on Both Ends

2»

Comments

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,154

Yeah but when you're use to him and being aware of your surroundings he can be devastating... you can end a game in such a short time when get used to him....

I was one of the group saying hes weak.... but I've learned my ways....

• DeathEscapeDeathEscape Member Posts: 288

Most of powers can be cancelled by pallet drop, it would be OP if it is not, so its fair.

Cancelling his power will reveal the survivors, how could it be bad?

Understand it first before making another comment.

edited October 22
  • thefallenloserthefallenloser Member Posts: 62

No disrespect, but is English not your first language or...

Because you have genuinely completely misinterpreted almost everything I've said so far.

• ilyDwightilyDwight Member Posts: 88

Remove the ability to reveal him ...? How about NO!

edited October 22

Read your previous comments and you just clearly said that his powers is unreliable

You are 16 im surprised..

I'm not suggesting removing the ability to reveal him. I am instead suggesting that revealing him does not disable his power and instead reveals his aura as well as allow you to regress your stalk meter.

Why wouldn't you like to see this change?

I'm gonna stop responding to you here.

You've completely misunderstood all of my replies so far and I'm just telling you what I'm thinking about your ideas respectively. I'm totally willing to switch to whatever language you're best in so I can effectively convey my ideas but you're being overly hostile for no reason lol.

To answer your question though, I'm 16. :)

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,181

Night Shroud kind of help in chases by hiding his red stain imo, it's not huge but it saves time.

Also an another tweak he needs is that leaning needs to happen automatically if you hold m2 and hug a surface that you can lean on, currently you need to wait for the prompt to and it's honestly way too slow and clunky during high rank games and can cost you alot of marks, it's frustrating.

edited October 22

you changed your mind from saying its unreliable to reliable, sorry i did not read your latest comments and I quoted your old comment. Well sorry i do not know that it well offend you, Im just explaining the concept of the power.

I made a GhostFace Suggestion Find my post react, tell me what you think about it and vote up if you liked it.

I think that NS helping in chases is only in those niche scenarios where neither your or the survivor can see each other. It CAN help, but it's not exactly reliable.

Totally agree with your second point, it does cost quite a few stalks.

Well Im too sleepy, I got no sleep and Im having a headache. Well gotta sleep my mind is tired.

• savevatznicksavevatznick Member Posts: 255

I don't mean to be the person who posts Truetalent, but he is how I heard about this build, and I have tried it for myself. Here's a link, he's been posting a ton of this playstyle of no-stalk ghostface for a few weeks now.

I can explain the logic to you: There is a clear benefit to just using the Shroud to Ambush instead of Stalk.

In both cases, the survivor gets an alert to run away from you, and will likely start running. In the case of simply using the Shroud to get a free hit, you have injured them so they're one-hit-down already, and you can apply perks that require injury. In addition, they're now easier to track and sneak up on a second time, and need to waste time healing. You can also peel off the chase at any time to pressure the map more, because you've already injured them and there's no way that injury is going away until they stop to heal, wasting time.

If you Stalk them, they have an increased window of time to notice you if they haven't already, and you simply expose them. That is, again, a big red sign to "loop ghostface for 60 seconds". If you fail to hit them within that time, you walk away with nothing and no time wasted. If they see you while you're stalking them, you lose a ton of distance and again, might walk away with nothing. The time-sensitive nature of Exposed means you can't peel off the chase whenever you want.

In both scenarios vs a typical survivor that has eyes it is far better to "cash out sooner" and simply land a hit on them while in shroud than it is wasting time stalking them for an uncertain, timed, telegraphed insta-down.

Using the Shroud mid-chase is a godsend for mindgames, as it means survivors can't track your red stain nor Terror radius, meaning they have a much harder time keeping track of you on loops. If you're getting pallet-stunned with night shroud, that's fine, because it's not taking away anything from you - you were just going to hit them with m1 anyways, you were just using Shroud to end the loop faster. Most of the time, however, the Shroud can basically ensure a successful mindgame on certain loops.

In terms of being "broken out" of your power, that's completely fine, because No-Stalk ghostface doesn't really care. If they can break you out, they already know where you are, which means that you're probably in a chase with them. It's not like you're going to get stalk on them anyways, so you lose nothing. Also, funny thing, most survivors tend to stand still or slow down to steadily reveal you, expecting you to keep stalking them. If you just run at them and m1 them, they'll usually give you a free hit trying to reveal you, if they're that kind of player.

Sprint burst is equally effective against Ghostface either way because he's an m1 killer? I don't understand this argument.

The point is that Stalking with nightshroud is in almost all cases above brown ranks inferior to simply injuring survivors. Being injured versus a killer who can stealth completely is very risky, and abusing ghostface's power to obfuscate survivor's perception is 9 times out of 10 going to be better than using him in his slow, stalky intended playstyle, especially in a game where the killer has no time to waste.

• ilyDwightilyDwight Member Posts: 88

I'm sorry, but I will still have to shut down this idea. Erasing all mind game and loop potential because you want the easiest down in the world - no. I would rather play this game casually and chill, not feel like I'm in some overly competitive game.

But can you explain What "mind-game potential" I'm erasing?

And PvP games are inherently competitive by nature. Dead by Daylight is no exception, and arguably gets more competitive the higher your rank.

Gonna counter your video with this video I found. Stalking is effective, but it could be better. Here's Otz using a basic build playing as intended.

• savevatznicksavevatznick Member Posts: 255
    edited October 22

While it *can* work either way, especially when we're posting really good killer players, True has posted quite a few videos (upwards of 20?) using no stalk and it's pretty clear to see the benefits of the playstyle.

In my own experience as an average-ish killer player, I've gotten far more reliable success out of a no stalk build. My initial comment was to just show you that your assumptions about Night Shroud being useless in a chase are kinda incorrect, and that its not a "troll post" to say Stalkless ghostface is perhaps more viable than twisting yourself in knots to make GF's power actually pull weight.

I don't think your rework will solve the Ghostface's problem with stalk - Survivors have too much of a say in it.

edited October 23

"Ghost Face Vs Rank 1 players perfect game", watch this and you will understand how pro ghostface play against Rank 1 Survivors, and how mind games using ghost face can be useful.

using stalking against rank 1 survivor players is a waste of time and you will end up getting pallet drop until the exposed effect expires and the last thing you will see are rank 1 survivors teabagging you at the exit in the end.

I too never use stalking after I discovered the bad and undesirable quality of stalking feature of ghost face's power.

Post edited by DeathEscape on

Very interesting. After this explanation I can definitely understand the counterpoints much more now. I've definitely gotten more success from just stalking from a further distance and activating when I'm right on top of them or right before I'm fully revealed.

This actually changes the entire argument I'm making for changing his power.

I'll have to do more testing with not exposing survivors and see what success I can pull from it. Then I'll update this thread with my findings and new ideas.

Thanks! :)