UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Nooblicious things you did when you started DBD

Comments

• Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 891

The merest hint of a Terror Radius used to send me scurrying into the bushes for about 2 minutes but I think everybody did that?

I also used to religiously listen to the Wraths bell. He cloaked. He uncloaked. He cloaked. He uncloaked...

Didn’t realise you could lunge until I reached rank 10….

• Jacoby2041Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 318

I threw down pallets near gens when the killer wasn't around so if the killer came for me they'd have to break the pallet first

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,365

Not realizing I could scroll up on the Killer select screen.

I thought I could only play Huntress until I bought more Killers.

• JetTheWaffleCatJetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 186

Throwing pallets when the killer wasn't even close to me during chase.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 836

I always thought Sloppy Butcher was the Pig's perk since it had a pig on it, so I got the DLC only too be confused, then realized I was dumb.

• TheShape78TheShape78 Member Posts: 706

When I first started playing, I would camp hooked survivors and hit them repeatedly. I'm embarrassed to admit that now, but I have long since learned better :)

• JiggleWiggleJiggleWiggle Member Posts: 232

Using a white ward on a purple toolbox

And waisted one or two pallets when i meant to heal someone on the ground and that taught me to immediately switch the control settings

• dfrenchieedfrenchiee Member Posts: 253

I used to throw the pallets down nearby so the killer would have to break them in order to get to me :,-)

I also thought flashlights were meant for the dark parts of the map

• antgnsteaantgnstea Member Posts: 477

First week I had a mori daily as Trapper, I spent minutes in a single game standing on top of the survivors I downed, trying to figure how to kill them. Finally gave up and deleted it.

When I realized mori offerings later in the blood web, had a huge face palm moment. Just read the explanations, duh!

• TheALIENTheALIEN Member Posts: 327

Get obsessed over that one player that buttdances in front of pallets- stab folk but not pursue as I was easily distracted by anything and everything- run constantly as a survivor- not protect any totems- miss the easiest of skill-checks- a heck of a lot more- Entity, I feel old playing this...and I’m only a few months into DBD x3 Xx

• SatsuiSatsui Member Posts: 91

I used to camp in the open with Wraith using Insidious thinking it makes me also invisible "facepalm" <.<

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 79

I didn't know what the terror radius was and how it got louder the more a killer was closer

• Jholla31Jholla31 Member Posts: 20

My first ever game I saw the "attempt escape" prompt after getting hooked and quickly tried, three times. Then I got the "struggle" prompt. I remembered watching a YouTube video for noobs that said, "don't struggle on the hook" so I didn't. I guess that video meant "don't attempt escape from the hook." I was furious when I immediately died after trying to follow directions from a poorly made noobie guide. 😂

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 252

I did not know about scratch marks until my first Killer match. Oh THAT'S how they always find me!

Following Survivors through vaults.

Thought "Exposed" meant they could see me. (I think everybody does this one)

Forgot to put RBTs on people as Pig.

Thought Insidious made me invisible.

Step on my own Bear Traps while carrying a Survivor.

Hunting for the Hatch early in the match with a Key.

Studiously collected Ebony Memento Moris just because they were Ultra Rare.

I'm sure there are more. :)

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 781

I camped, don’t hate me!!! The logic is sound after all, duh they have to come get him then I’ll get them all.

I also got tunnel vision like LordGlint, I would waste 4 gens chasing one person and then get so frustrated but I think that at least helped me a little now.

• hiChiC Member Posts: 217

I was positive Doctor was OP because I couldn’t hide from him.

• ArrowTheGreat11ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 250

Using self care

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,553

Dropping Self Care was one of the best things I’ve ever done as a survivor.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 1,932

I use to not use my toolbox when Ruin was up because I thought it would drain my toolbox faster ... it did not.

I use to cleanse totems thinking it would mess with the killer's controls. I have a pretty stupid story for why I thought that way :P

• Creepingcam1070Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 163

I didnt know what a Red Stain was so I was always at a huge disadvantage.

• ArrowTheGreat11ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 250

No regrets since lol. What did you replace it with? I started running Iron Will instead

• ToxicboiiToxicboii Member Posts: 277
    edited October 21

Camp hooks.

In all fairness, It was me wanting to kill someone. I don't do it too often nowadays, but i sometimes do it just to see the absurdity of how effective yet ineffective it is.

As survivor?

To be honest, I'm still kinda a potato as survivor. Wish somebody could teach me how to play them in person instead of being "told how to loop". I want to actually do it in a safe environment, instead of getting my ass hooked because I didn't react faster or drop a pallet sooner.

Dumbest mistake?

Wasted 2000 shards on No Mither.

The other option was Hex: Ruin.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 2,424

I had no idea what scratch marks were so I was basically like Legion in feral frenzy, I only followed based on LOS and hearing.

I never used Michael's perks, only the free perks.

• AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 324

Escape! Cake gives you double bloodpoints only when you escape...

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,553

Well I typically always run Balanced Landing and Adrenaline. It really depends on who I am playing. I use different builds for different survivors.

For Meg I run WGLF and Iron Will (she is extremely loud)

Nea I run Decisive and WGLF

Claudette I run a completely different build. I use Calm Spirit, Iron Will, Dance With Me, and Head On.

I love WGLF because the bloodpoint increase is always nice. After rank reset I ALWAYS run DS because lower rank killers will usually tunnel harder. Iron Will is my favorite though.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 500

Using a flashlight in dark places...🎃

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 2,018

Dropping pallets when I heard the faintest sound of a heart beat.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 1,180

I feel better seeing all the others who tried to Kobe off the hook. My first killer game I had no idea what scratch marks were. That was rough.

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 732
    edited October 21

I thought Doctor was OP because survivors couldn't hide from me

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 861

Ran everywhere, used every pallet immediately, didn't understand what the heartbeat was so I left people to die out of fear the killer was nearby even when there wasn't one. Didn't open exit gates even when people were in chase.

But I think the crowning one was thinking that post game chat wasn't a cesspool. That's an incredibly noob thing to think.