The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

I am pumped for the Archives and Premium Rift - Are you?!

RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 2,649

Claudette and Trapper Cinematics, Challenges, Lore, and PR3M1UM 1T3MS?!

THANKS!

Comments

• VexTheHexVexTheHex Member Posts: 323

Claudette is a super sweet heart of a character, so I'm excited for some lore on her. I just hope they don't ruin her character to appease the "All Claudettes are horrible people" meme. She is probably my favorite of the female cast and it's not cause she can blend into the dark better.

Trapper was my boy for awhile, but I never cared much for his personality and lore. He's just a rich jerk gone murderous. Most of the male Killers have almost 0 sympathy factors going for them unlike the females who get the sob stories.

• WaffleFalafelWaffleFalafel Member Posts: 367

I'm really only excited for the bloodpoint rewards.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 2,649

I used to main Claudette before I started playing with some of my friends (they've only recently gotten into DBD), but now I'm a Steve (Default outfit with Scoops Ahoy shirt..I have the full outfit, but prefer this).

I've also just finished getting every perk for Trapper, so I'm pretty stoked about his inclusion in this set.

• Tzeentchling9Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Excited for challenges from the Archives. We'll see how the rift pans out.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,332

Not quite pumped, cause i might over-hype it for myself.

I don't view it as a negative implementation so far, though.

• JiggleWiggleJiggleWiggle Member Posts: 278

Actually pretty hyped about the upcoming stuff. It gives me more objectives while playing the game and not just only doing gens and bla. I'll definitely gonna use some perks i never usually use so yeah looking forward to that :)

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,228

My hype is dying. I'm hearing a lot of concerns that I want answers to. I thought the stream would clarify some concerns but it was just a cool trailer and info that was already said. :/

• RinthespookiRinthespooki Member Posts: 255

Im not that hyped after loosing the howling grounds cosmetics ive earned (still waiting for response om the ticket) wich makes me afraid to pay 10 euros, earn premium stuff and later find them gone.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 766

Yes I’m excited despite all the negativity on here.

• AldoferAldofer Member Posts: 101

how most killer have 0 sympathie did you even read some of their backstory

the first victim of the entity are the killer expect of course clown ghostface frank that are kind of psychphatic/violent character

(talking only of the original killer that aren't film/series rehash)

• MemberBerryMemberBerry Member Posts: 394

I'm not. I like the concept but not the rewards.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,003

I have my energy sixpack ready to sweat tomorrow in swf oof.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,396

I'm super excited. Always excited about new content in this game. I think the charms are really cool.

the reward look like reskin for the most part hope it will get better with time beceause the first batch don't make me wanna put money in it

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 2019

I'm excited for the game to receive new content but I just spent $95 on Total War 2 Warhammer and all the DLC for it and from part 1 I was missing (weekend sale) plus I'm currently into Dark Souls so I don't think I'll have the time to dedicate to it. I'll play the free path and see how far I can get and whether buying premium afterwards is worth doing so. It's not that it's expensive but I can get carried away with my expenditures on video games.

• VexTheHexVexTheHex Member Posts: 323
    edited October 2019

Excuse me? I won't cover the License killers besides Ghostface for obvious reasons.

Males

Trapper - Rich daddy's boy who started killing anyone who didn't meet his demands.

Ghostface - Serial killer who does it for giggles

Frank - Always had a dark side to him, was the first to strike the man and got the others involved even forcing Susie to do it.

Joey - Was the most willing of the Legion crew to stab the guy after Frank.

Clown - Serial killer since he was young, loves to torture.

Doctor - Likes to torture and do horrific experiments on people and see what he can achieve in it.

Hillbilly - Feral like, doesn't know better but it very brutal and disgusting. Could have some sympathy if he wasn't such a monster.

Wraith - Only male killer with a sob story since he didn't realize his murderous deeds for a long time and snapped at the evil man who had him do it.

Ladies

Hag - Captured and tortured by cannibals. Joined the Entity for revenge/survival.

Nurse - Loss her husband and suffered horrible mental stress till she snapped.

Plague - Tried to keep the peace and hope of plague victims till she fell to it herself.

Spirit - Horribly murdered by her father after he did it to her mother.

Julie - Her boyfriend started the act protecting her/did it for love.

Susie - Frank forced her hand.

Huntress - Similar to Hillbilly, doesn't know better but is very brutal. She however has the "saw her mom die" sob part.

The ladies very clearly get sob stories compared to the more "evil" males.

i nevr said that the ladies didn't get the sob stories, i said for a lot of killer you can have sympathie for what happen to them and dispise what they become, and remember taht the entity can influence futur killer or even event in their life before they are taken to the realm (aka rin father)

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 1,127

lol no.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 4,954

It will definitely take you quite a while if you decide not to do the challenges. You would be skipping the main way to progress through The Rift. At that point, you're opting not to progress as fast as you could be. It'd be like playing one of the old event hook/generator events and not trying to go for the marked hooks/generators or using an offering. You'll still progress, just way slower than if you had tried to complete it.