The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Way to suppress tunneling/camping

I was thinking of a way to stop or at least suppress tunneling/camping and this came to mind.

I find that when I get tunnelled/camped, it usually the lower ranks, i.e rank 17-20, and I thought, since it’s new players, why don’t we put something in the tutorial of the game to tell new players that tunneling and camping is not fun to play against and how it’s also a bad tactic because people can get all the gens done while your camping. Show them a clip of someone getting tunnelled and/or camped or even better let them play a little against a CPU who tunnels and camps and show them how it’s not fun. And even let them play a bit of killer and tell them that they have to camp and can’t leave the survivor and show all the gens getting finished. Tell them how tunneling/camping is looked down upon in the dbd community.

P.S. I am not a salty survivor main I just want the community to be less toxic.

Comments

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 615

Tunneling/camping are legit strategies, easily counterable. Only entitled survivors "look down" tunneling and camping. Plus, even at higher ranks are still the best strategies.

• OReillyDOReillyD Member Posts: 8

First of all, I’m not entitled, second of all it completely ruins the game for all the survivors. I thought the game was meant to be fun for everyone, that’s not fun. Yes I don’t mind losing, thats all part of the game, of you won every game it wouldn’t be fun. But losing every game isn’t fun either, especially when you are camped and tunnelled.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 4,000

You may as well title that part of the tutorial "How to Grief as a Killer."

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,738

"how it’s also a bad tactic because people can get all the gens done while your camping. "

We can pack our bags. It might not be fun to get camped or tunneled but there are counters to them if you really have problems. There are also plenty of perks.

• OReillyDOReillyD Member Posts: 8

sorry guys your right it’s not a good idea but can u tell me how to take it down?

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 446

Actually being tunneled can be quite funny.

Sometimes you just know that the killer is salty af already, when you make it out, feelsgood.

• PatWeskerPatWesker Member Posts: 19

Maybe it can be considered as legit strategies, but it ruins the fun for the only survivor who wants to play a fun game. I think a rage quit is also legit when the only thing you do in the whole game is wait.... like do absolutely nothing while get camped by a hardcore camper for your whole game.

The first goal of a game is to be entertaining, do you find it entertaining waiting and do nothing while the other players, that sometimes you don't know at all cuz they are randoms, do everything.

Also, while the killer is camping to a hooked survivor, where is the fun for the 3 other survivors: I mean, they just repair gens while they don't need to hide or try to run from the killer.

And according to the killer, where is the fun too? He just waits by looking to the survivor, doing nothing else.

I think a good thing to do is to ENLIGHT the fact that camping doesn't give you more points because a sacrfice alone worth less points than the only action of hooking.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,532

When did survivors ever care for the killers fun?

What survivors consider tunneling or camping is so vague and subjective they'll accuse you of camping in any situation.

There are survivors adamant on claiming that facecamping still exists, even though killers were made unable to block the unhook prompt.

• Hex_StalkHex_Stalk Member Posts: 105

I'm all for new stuff in the tutorial. Hell in the killer tutorial YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO USE THE KILLER'S ABILITY!! There needs to be a tutorial for each killer.

• fluffymareepfluffymareep Member Posts: 595
    edited October 23

Honestly it won't alleviate in lower ranks since people who camp and tunnel may find a harder time pipping and end up stuck in yellow ranks. Just do your best to get out of those ranks and equip DS if you have it. c: It'll help with escaping. Otherwise, having something to heal yourself and knowing your routing. Unsafe pallets should be the last things you go to if you can help it unless you think you can run them. Knowing where to escape to while you work on a gen and practicing looking around can be vital.

• survivormain1105survivormain1105 Member Posts: 170

I think a good way to get rid of tunnel and camping would be get rid of Hex:Ruin. This way the killer is really punished for camping the hooked survivor and gets "gen rushed" by the other survivors. Nothing sucks more then sitting on the hook next to ruin while being camped. Then being unable to get either the hooker or ruin.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,813

I dont think this is the correct way to do it, as Hex:Ruin doesn't help much in alot of games anyway. It wouldn't have enough of an effect to change things.

• DeathEscapeDeathEscape Member Posts: 234

What i usually do is finish all gens open the gate flash the camper and teabag him at the exit, so that he will learn that camping is no good.