The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

tru3ta1ent's hatch-key replacement suggestion (discuss!)

so today, tru3ta1ent, a well-known fog whisperer and dead by daylight streamer, has released a video unveiling his ideas for how the hatch and key mechanic could be replaced with something else to make end-game more fun, as well as rewarding survivors and killers for certain chases, generator pressure, etc.

i'm not going to write an entire summary, but i will go ahead and link the video for those who'd like to watch it here. if anyone would like to write a summary for us, please feel free to do so and i'll quote it in this opening post!

personally, i find this to be a really amazing idea! i love the sound of both sides being rewarded for having the upper hand in matches, and it overall brings better balance to the end-game part of the trial. to me, hatch-key can be extremely broken at times and can completely throw off a game, which is why i think this would be a lot better of a replacement. plus, the incredible amount of balancing that this change would bring to chases would also bring a lot more fun to the table for both sides, and actually give people something to work for rather than the typical "make sure no mistakes are made or there's no bouncing back", which is not exactly as fun for those who want to casually play the game and not always be on their game.

bringing back palettes based on the amount of generators being done would also become very useful, because it gives the opportunity of more points for both sides, extended chases, better openings for both killers and survivors, and allows generators to have more of a purpose than simply just powering gates.

but, enough about my rambling! i want to hear it from you guys. how do you feel about tru3's suggestion?

Comments

• RattmanRattman Member Posts: 710

As much as I love Tru3, have to say, his suggestion kinda killer-sided. Loop for 1 minute solo when bloodlust exists and killer could see your aura every 3 seconds?

IMHO, its not really about hatch, its more about pip system, when you need to 4k to pip at high ranks. Tho, keys could be a real pain, and should be nerfed somehow.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 2,663

The irony, is his idea will just cause ppl to hide in a locker to block aura revealing. Tru3 would STILL slug to avoid ANY chance of missing that last guy.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,038

I agree the pip system needs to be adressed. I think it's BS for you to smash a team and not get a double pip.

That being said... True is more about... how should I put this? Very analytical. He is more about statistics, timing and skill... and he ignores the role luck has in the game. You can play extremely well, but still have bad luck. That is kind of the hatch in a shellnut. Same with keys... but they're too frequently found to be just fair luck.

I think Keys do need a rework, because as frequent as they are now, and as easy as they are to use... They are absolutely broken. Whenever I see a game that has a team find a key, I feel absolutely cheated.

• MissGamer456MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154

Keys are just the way they are. Just leave them alone. Can killers stop complaining about everything survivor have to help themselves. Like Jesus Christ it’s not that big of a deal.

• Maníaco_da_garrafaManíaco_da_garrafa Member Posts: 15

Remove bloodlust during egc and No one escapes crutches, then this might work just fine.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 11,690

I really disagree with this change, I get a 1v1 shouldn’t be fair for the survivor completely but this is waaay too killer sided. Just my opinion.