The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

This is ridiculously absurd

Leonardo1itaLeonardo1ita Member Posts: 377

Watch from 9:20

Argument: so right when the killer closes the hatch, count 20 seconds.

You'll see that if the survivors had been organised, staying right in front of the door, the killer wouldn't have even reached the door in time

Comments

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,835
  • oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 631

I don't think that should activate EGC at all.

But it makes sense, as without a specific rule for that specific scenario that is exactly how the hatch and EGC does interact. The close hatch = activated gates interaction should really be reserved for when there will in one way or another be one survivor left after the hatch is closed (like a typical 1v1, or a 2v1 where one survivor hatches out)

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 1,496

Yeah...I made that same mistake once...

Still... if the survivors were organized, they would have gone to the hatch together

• SaintDenisSlasherSaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 153

This is what every survivor says in response to any of the many many grievances killers have. The thing is even if Moris were completely OP (they're not) it would still be the only thing survivors complain about as opposed to the long list of BS survivors have.

I still think that's so backwards, killers should have the advantage not survivors. I also think ONLY after that happens the remaining survivors should somehow get stronger. That way if you die early it doesn't matter, que up for another game. If all your teammates die the game becomes more tense and you get closer to escaping but with no guarantee, like the movies that inspired this game.

I think the hatch is the Devs way of doing this rn but it's dumb. Even ignoring the keys its an instant free win for the last person, unless the killer slugs. And 9 times out of 10 they do so that slugged person gets to wait to slowly die while the killer looks around for the hatch. If they find it and you don't have adrenalin you die. If they don't you bleed out and you die. None of the 3 people in that very common situation is having fun

• Leonardo1itaLeonardo1ita Member Posts: 377
  • Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,038
    edited October 29

Moris aren't completely Op. I don't see what is wrong with that statement. They force survivors to be stealthy and afraid for once... and to get the most from an ebony mori, you have to mori everyone, which doesn't allow you to take advantage of hook perks, and actively deactivates certain perks that used to work well with a mori (Dying light). The game even punishes you for using a mori with ranking and points.

Just ignoring what they say because they say that is not going to help you in the long run.

Keys on the other hand are way worse. Since the survivor escapes, they get 5000 free points (even more since it's a hatch escape) and they allow others to escape as well. I can't count the number of times I've been cheated of a 4k because someone finds a key in a chest and they work together to escape via hatch. It's absolutely more broken than moris are.

• ToxicFluffinsToxicFluffins Member Posts: 4

Killers do have the advantage y’all are a lot stronger than the survivors

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 1,428

Moris are completely op. There are only a few people that defend moris or keys. Mainly people that play only one side.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,029

Or he could just waited till the hatch closed itself.

One in a million scenarios.

I gave you multiple reasons why it isn't overpowered...

1. Less BPs
    2. Hurts all emblems (except gatekeeper)
    3. Almost no synergy with perks, especially not with obsession or hook based perks.
    4. They're rare. Ebony's are easy to acquire, but when you play survivor, they are rarely used.

They effect the game like this:

1. survivors have to be stealthy. (Something they hate)
    2. the survivors only have one shot (if someone uses a mori like that)
    3. killer actually is a threat to survivors no matter what time of the game it is.
    4. survivors that are mori'd are free to go to another game.

In essence, this is the "killer easy round". If you don't like the game you're in, then you can always get killed to find another one quickly.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 11,689

This situation still goes both ways, sometimes gates are too close and sometimes they’re too far.

1. That may be true. But still, they are punished regardless of their attitude to it.
    2. BBQ is a hook based perk. The others, sure, may help, but how often will they be healing/leaving ruin alive? If you play with a mori at 1 hook then kill, then not very much.
    3. Just like survivors and Keys, then. They're a one time consumable. It's not like this is a perk they can unlock for good.

1. some do. Most don't. Most don't like to. When I play survivor, I prefer to be stealthy myself.
    2. The game isn't balanced around chases that last for 2/3 gens.
    3. That's why until killers are buffed to that level, I'll defend moris.
    4. Survivors may lose a pip, but they can get it back next game.

That's why I say just let them have their fun and try harder in another game. Don't nerf moris just because they're the one thing that killers have to make the game easier other than specific builds.

I don't actually play in that method myself. I use moris as a replacement for final hook, but I wouldn't nerf an item just because certain people use it in a certain way.

So you are admitting that they are overpowered, but you defend them because certain killers are too weak.

In that case you should have defended the nurse until the maps are fixed. I mean they hot at least the whole farm set and Haddonfield to fix.

I admit they make killer stronger. I did not say they were overpowered. I still don't think they are. I'm admitting that survivors have too much leeway in whether certain things are strong or not. Sure, instaheals are getting nerfed, but I think keys need some kind of skillful use to them. You didn't actually adress keys at all.

I did defend the nurse. I think she was fine then before the changes. I think these basekit changes are ludicrous. I agreed that the addons needed a look at, but base kit needed nothing to it.

Haddonfield absolutely needs some fixes. Coldwind no so much. That one is only bad for certain killers/addons. You can still make coldwind maps work. But Haddonfield is the easiest map to abuse as survivor.

i'm actually adressing keys in another thread. They are equally op as moris. Both need a "slight" adjustment.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,029

Keys and Moris are fine.

Only thing that needs to change is how often you get them in the bloodweb.

No i need to change it if i want to please salty survivor mains, which i have no interest in doing lol.

I had few salty survivors reply to me but this one stuck out to me

Moris are not OP, I think the only thing stupider than saying something like that would be saying "Keys are OP" and i think most killers would agree....but i got to thinking. Survivors i meet are pretty salty but not as salty as most of the ones i see on YouTube. You said you're red rank on both Survivor and killer? That's a big time investment to keep up every month

I could be completely off here but you play on PC right? People on PC seem to play A LOT and also take it extremely seriously. So between that maybe the culture of the game and your experience is different from mine (A purple killer/green survivor Xbox player) since im assuming everyone is optimal and has endless moris and keys.... But the thing is since the game is unbalanced in favor of survivors why bother playing so much anyway? As a killer apparently you're getting made by keys of all things and as a survivor you're probably winning every game that you aren't moried.....or maybe fighting HER but that's a different issue

I don't know HOWEVER i also don't really care. Just as a i doubt you care what happen on consoles. If the cultures are really this different to where killers are getting mad at keys over BS perks then honestly maybe they should be balanced separately(PC, Xbox/PS4, Switch) and if you are on xbox or ps4......i don't get it.

PC, red ranks, both sides. The game is not heavily survivor sided. BHVR fixed a lot of issues in the last years. And yeah i'm winning nearly every of my games as survivor. As killer nearly every game with a good killer.

Yeah PC gamers are a different breed man. How many hours you got on this guy?

About 700 hours atm. Roughly 400 on killer and 300 on survivor.