Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

What Matchmaking Should Be

It should not be pip-based.

It should be:

Survivors:

Your miss/good/great skillcheck ratio averaged out

Your Escape/Death ratio averaged out

Killers: (This is per Killer, not per account. Though your overall should be taken into account when playing a new Killer, so you don't face high skill Survivors as a new Killer, but you also don't newb-stomp)

Your hit/miss ratio averaged out

Your Kills per match % (0/25/50/75/100) averaged out

These should make up a skill number, and those skill numbers should be grouped together.

Comments

• TrwthTrwth Member Posts: 919

All of these are already in the game, and have more depth to them than that. If you look at the ranking emblems you receive at the end of every match, it will tell you what the conditions are for earning pips.

For the two Survivor ones, that is the Lightbringer and Unbroken emblems.

For Killers, that’ll be the Malicious and Devout categories.

• CentrumCentrum Member Posts: 160

Yeah but they just give pips, which then determine your ranking. The pips are a bad idea because they over-simplify the results.

It's hard to explain but the current system is basically too simple for what it does, and makes it nearly impossible to enjoy a new Killer/Survivor when one comes out.

edited October 2019

Oh! So, do you mean like... each Killer/Survivor character has their own rank? Like, on Plague I could be Rank 8, but as Trapper I’m Rank 15?

Edit: Gosh darn it. This is what I get for skipping parts of the post.

As for pips, I think they’re really complicated actually. Earning pips and ranking up is not easy. And I don’t really see what you mean when you say that pips are bad because they’re too simple.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,710

The difference between Clown and Wraith?

I can beat up rank 20s with Clown.

🙃

• CentrumCentrum Member Posts: 160

Sort of? I think your account rank should be determined by your individual rank with each Killer. This way, when you play a new Killer, you don't go against Rank 5 Survivors running 4 T3 Perks, but you also don't face newbies with 1 perk.

Or hell; have Killer Level play into it, so if you only have 2 perk slots unlocked, you'll face people with 2-3 perk slots unlocked.

I think instead of changing the ranking system, they just overhaul matchmaking and add an “unranked” mode that plenty of people seem to like. It’s basically the same, except it uses your Player Level to find games instead of your rank.

Also, for individual Killer Ranks, I completely agree. I’m not sure where or when, but I heard that exact idea is real and will eventually be in the game. It’ll be hard to implement though since someone could be a Rank 1 Killer player, and then start as a new Killer at Rank 20. I have faith that they could do something to keep that from happening though.