Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I have a Question to a CM

AkumaAkuma Member Posts: 407

I know you are all very hard working to make the gameplay experience the best. I know you havbe priorities you're always talking about.

But I have a question wich could decide between continue playing the game or not.

"Fixed an issue that caused other players not to see the failed skill check animation being performed when the Survivor released the interaction button during the skill check."

"Fixed an issue that caused a ground seam in the first part of the Survivor Tutorial. "

"Fixed an issue that caused cosmetics equipped in an online lobby not to appear in the trial. "

Why are all those bugs that much important to get fixed, but not the big issues when vaulting through a window? You still have this hick up where you lag back to the window. Which become even worse with the Servers I mean every killer is swinging for those wild hits because everyone knows.

This bug is so extremely impactful, like a green mori. It's insane but even after 11 months you didnt fixed that?

So I just want to know, I need this answer: Do you plan to fix this major issue? or do you keep it for some wild reasons? Just want to know it, if so, I continue playing. If not I will pause until I see in some future patches something like

"Fixed an issue that caused an hick up after vaulting through a window"

Answers

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343
    edited October 2019

I'm not a community manager, but I'll do my best to help. My guess would be that they do plan to fix big bugs like that, but bug fixes don't really work in terms of priority. They fix a whole bunch of seemingly meaningless bugs every patch not because those are at the top of their priority list, but because they are easy to fix. They have already identified those bugs in their testing and can easily figure out what the problem is and how to fix it, and they aim to fix as many issues, both major and minor, as they are able to with each patch. More major bugs sometimes take longer to diagnose and find a proper fix for, which is why they sometimes go a long time without fixes being implemented.

I'll tag the community managers @Peanits @Patricia and @not_Queen since your question was directed specifically at them, and hopefully they'll be able to give you a bit more insight and correct anything I might have got wrong :)

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,677

It's basically the scale of the issue. Very small issues can be fixed in a few minutes while you're doing something else. For example, if you're working on skill checks and you know there's a tiny issue, it's easy to kill two birds with one stone and knock out a small bug while you're there.

Larger issues take a lot more time to get fixed. Stuff like the game hitching when you vault a window isn't as simple as an animation not playing. You'll need to investigate deeper, figure out why it's happening, then depending on why it's happening, you may have to rework a good bit of the code to make it work properly. In the case of vaulting windows, it's very likely dependent on your connection to the killer/server, so that would probably (can't confirm for sure, this is more of a technical question) require you to redo how windows work.

To put it simply, it's just more efficient to fix something while you're already there. It's not that those tiny issues are being prioritized over larger issues. Larger issues just take way more time and investigation to fix.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Would I be correct in assuming this is also the reason we have not had any significant changes to generators as a whole? They're quite boring and un-interactive as they are now, and every day the gen completion time gets shorter and shorter.

I see that a change to them would be massive and require a lot of work, but do you have any plans on updating the single most boring objective in a multiplayer game?

• AkumaAkuma Member Posts: 407

Hm, I was just wondering that it takes so long, since Mc Lean announced it in a Dev Stream. I mean as long you can semi? confirm?`or just "slightly" that people are working on it I'm fine. Because it's extremely frustrating and it makes me quitting this game. And not like "I'm coming back with the next patch/dlc" I mean seriously quitting. I like the game like many but at some point it's enough. Im sorry, I dont wanna create negative vibes or something.

• 2Khours2Khours Member Posts: 158

then can you fix a small issue you have for MONTHS? no music when i mori as a killer and no background music when it's the end game, simple and easy to fix, thank you!