Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Trapper Needs A Buff, Badly!

I used to love playing him but right now?

1-2 gens are done around the time it takes to place 2 traps in decent areas.

Trapper was a good counter to Innfinite loops but those are mostly gone! Hes now trash in the Genrush meta.

My fixes:

1) All Traps Start Armed!

This would make moving around at the start a threat to Survivors, who currently have 1-2 minutes of safe time to do whatever.

2) Disarmed/Triggered Traps Return To The Trapper After <x> Seconds!

This cuts down on his need to spend 2+ minutes overall going and picking up and moving traps. When non-active, they return to him. Sabo'd traps wait out the Sabo timer THEN start the return timer!

Of course, Iridescent Stone overwrites this returning mechanic. The tradeoff is auto-resetting traps that the Trapper has to pick up if he wants them moved.

3) The Trapper Can Carry All His Traps!

This way, closed beartraps are not 'queuing' to return to him.

Comments

• Viracocha72Viracocha72 Member Posts: 207

I wish he had the option to hide traps which would be a secondary action that takes a decent amount of time but then would be able to use him on indoor maps where there usually aren't many good hiding places. Maybe even allow these traps to be crouched over by survivors. I think this would put a good amount of fear into the survivors and help to slow the game down a bit by forcing them to crouch around more.

• TrwthTrwth Member Posts: 919

Exactly. It’s a little unrealistic, but I’d be all for it if this was real. Trapper just isn’t efficient enough at placing his traps since it takes too much time. Time is super valuable in this game, so it’s hard to set up traps by spending this time without having a few generators done in the meantime.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,969

Was never a fan of the idea of him carrying all his traps. I feel he should be more like Huntress, and have to restock, except from chests. Maybe carry three to start, more with addons? He'd only be able to set a certain amount, but if they are broken by survivors, they respawn in a chest, instead of having to wait for them to come back.

What I think he should really have, though, is a rage meter. Every time a trap is broken or disarmed, his meter fills. After three such occurrences, he becomes enraged. In this stage, he can just throw his traps at survivors heads, instantly killing them and netting him 5k bp. This mode will only last for seven minutes, so he'll have to use it wisely. Maybe add an iri addon that gives the traps homing capability, to even things out.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I don't know, hes seems pretty buff to me <3

• CentrumCentrum Member Posts: 160

#PutTrapperInSpeedo

But he needs to be tweaked to be better. ...And no, not that kind of tweaking!

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Centrum Yeah Trapper (being the original flagship of the game) is really outdated with current DBD times.

I know its been suggested many times before but I would like to see something along the lines of:

-Starts with all Traps in hand (Or have the Trapper bag as a default power)

-Unopened traps are viewed as white aura / Active traps are viewed in red aura / Sabotaged traps are viewed in yellow aura

-Trap setting speed slightly increased from base

-Escape attempt cannot start until 5 seconds have passed (just so you don't get that RNG first time escape making the journey across map useless for Trapper)

-Hitboxes of traps looked into (right now there are places where a survivor can step around a trap that the Trapper himself cannot, its odd)

-Full shirtless cosmetic

These are just some ideas I've either had myself or that have been mentioned by others. I don't think Trapper is horrible once you actually get things up and running but the time commitment/investment often leaves you spending the whole match on the back foot.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,873

Lol “2 gens get done in the time it takes to set 2 traps”.

What kind of traps are you setting.

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,066

Probably 9 million IQ ones

The level beyond 9k IQ.

😂

• SaltySwagSaltySwag Member Posts: 140

Freeing someone from a trap should take longer, it is almost instant now.