Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Killer is too easy - Ruin change was necessary.

YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 2,812

Just a friendly reminder that most red rank matches are by far too easy as killer and the Ruin change is for the better.

Comments

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,736

@Yamaoka You are on Xbox correct?

• Shirtless_MyersShirtless_Myers Member Posts: 101

It depends entirely on the killer you're playing. Some killers really needed Ruin, while others are over performing and far too easy to get a 4k on. Freddy is an easy example of this.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,831

@Mert_MK

Imagine you see here a killer main with 3k hours that dont use ruin but still thinks the Ruin change is awfull and dumb.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,831

@Marcus

I think he wants to show us how strong leatherface is, maybe he has some potential and is top tier killer???

• KharKhar Member Posts: 351
  • YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 2,812

Again: The clip contains multiple red rank matches in a row and my channel is flooded with matches just like these. Kept posting 1-2 minute 4ks over the course of 2019. Only VERY FEW matches are actually difficult and due to the new rank reset it's even easier to dominate at red ranks.

• TruEternityTruEternity Member Posts: 74

I appreciate this greatly. I remember starting as killer in mid 2017, and all the bs that was available back then. I can’t even imagine some of the stuff that was there before that.

I feel a lot of people try and push some narrative, like gen rushing or camping, but really doesn’t happen often. Most people are just playing for fun and are pretty chill. Bad games happen, but they’re the minority, at least in my experience.

I believe the guy that DC'd was on death hook as they dc'd after getting downed towards mid game. As for Ruin helping mostly against survivors that would have lost anyways: I TOTALLY AGREE. In fact that's what I said numerous times myself. You just notice it too often that people who run around like headless chickens because of Ruin are the same people that go down in seconds.

• KharKhar Member Posts: 351

So, because you chain-instadown people with infectious fright, red ranks are too easy for killers and ruin is better off nerfed? I can't really buy that this goes for all red rank killers' experience.

Same haha I remember when I started off as Huntress back in 2017 without Ruin. Some matches just felt hopeless with multiple sprint bursts or dead hards in one chase, all the safe pallets and windows, the old brand new part etc.

DBD certainly has come a looong way and is actually quite enjoyable at this moment compared to how things were.